• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

Play Tester for anyone...

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 07:57 PM

I was just browsing through Ebay looking at the machines and I came across one I had forgotten about but I can remember it very well. It was a great machine and played well.

http://www.ebay.co.u...d=290775177029

I am now watching this one closely. It has great sounds of 1980's game shows and I remember we briefly had it at our club but I remember it didn't stay long as it was paying out far too much lol
Imagine my delight to find it in the downloads here as well: http://www.fruit-emu...-show-1280-wdx/
If you have never played it I suggest downloading it and giving it a bash. It is a 1280 dx but will fit on a laptop played in 3.2
Give it a bash :)

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:05 PM

never played it in real world but its great in virtual world good gameplay well worth a download
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:11 PM

never played it in real world but its great in virtual world good gameplay well worth a download

It was great to play out in the real world and I remember often walking away in profit from this beauty.
And the lights flicker on the DX just like it did out in the real world as well :)

Edited by thunderstorm, 23 September 2012 - 08:14 PM.

#4 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:25 PM

Great samples in this machine. :)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#5 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Great samples in this machine. :)

Indeed sounds of the 1980's game shows takes me back and it comes from the cops and robbers era of machines also :)

#6 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:05 PM

Well I missed out on an absolute bargain, the auction ended at 2pm this afternoon for £46.44
I got outbid but was at work so couldn't re-bid :(

#7 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:31 PM

as your picture states DOH!!!!!
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#8 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Serious question now then guys..

On the dx fairly often all the lights flicker, this also happened on this machine out in the wild.
I know because we had it in the club where I work for a while.

So why do the lights flicker?

#9 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:18 PM

Serious question now then guys..

On the dx fairly often all the lights flicker, this also happened on this machine out in the wild.
I know because we had it in the club where I work for a while.

So why do the lights flicker?

And is there any way I can change the cashpot values on this DX please?

Edited by thunderstorm, 24 September 2012 - 08:18 PM.

#10 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2012 - 08:39 PM

open the layout folder and delete the ram file,reload it will then display set cashpot values,just put em to were you want em,i think default is £60.

#11 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:06 PM

open the layout folder and delete the ram file,reload it will then display set cashpot values,just put em to were you want em,i think default is £60.

Thanks Tommy, I did that and I now put the cashpot and cashpot reserve both at the max of £100 :)
Happy days playing one of my fave machines for ages :D

Edited by thunderstorm, 24 September 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:10 PM

Thanks Tommy, I did that and I now put the cashpot and cashpot reserve both at the max of £100 :)
Happy days playing one of my fave machines for ages :D

Bear in mind that by doing that, I don't think it'll pay a cashpot any faster. The only real reason for changing the values is if you site a new machine and want punters to think it's had a lot played through it. Best of luck getting a cashpot though. Did used to quite like this machine, not played it for ages :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#13 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 09:20 PM

Bear in mind that by doing that, I don't think it'll pay a cashpot any faster. The only real reason for changing the values is if you site a new machine and want punters to think it's had a lot played through it. Best of luck getting a cashpot though. Did used to quite like this machine, not played it for ages :)

Yes I know it wont make it pay out any faster but I can remember when they delivered it they asked me what I wanted the cashpots on, so I said the max. Yes it made the punters play it more and it proved a very popular machine but unfortunately it payed out too much in a short time (about 1 month) and we had to refill it twice if I remember correctly so the committee decided it had to go quickly.
Roy Walker was saying "We're putting the money up" far too often :wideeyed:

Edited by thunderstorm, 24 September 2012 - 11:01 PM.

#14 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 24 September 2012 - 11:03 PM

Roy Walker was saying "We're putting the money up" far too often :wideeyed:

Now if only my boss said that to me every day :biglaugh: :twitcy:

#15 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:17 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the reel bands for this machine please?

#16 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:22 PM

Does anyone have a copy of the reel bands for this machine please?

On the off chance the actual bands don't turn up, the bottom ones should be easy to sort (the symbols are the same for pretty much all BFM club machines of this era) - and if needs be, the top real with the cash values could be redrawn, since it would just be a case of finding a matching font and typing them :)
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#17 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:39 PM

On the off chance the actual bands don't turn up, the bottom ones should be easy to sort (the symbols are the same for pretty much all BFM club machines of this era) - and if needs be, the top real with the cash values could be redrawn, since it would just be a case of finding a matching font and typing them :)

I think DAD may be able to find them for me as he is credited in the DX for this machine..

#18 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 07:52 PM

Also is there a way I can change the jackpot on this DX to £150 or £200 in any way?

#19 thunderstorm

thunderstorm

• Inactive Users
  • 308 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 08:09 PM

Been playing this DX as much as I can since i found it and was only usually getting about £20 - £25 from the 4 stars everytime as I always went as far as I could go before loosing and getting the booby prize tax free cash prize.
But tonight I gambled a £1 win up to £25 and exchanged to the feature to get the 4 stars and I gambled all the way until it hit me again but the tax free booby prize gave me £32.60.
Then a few spins later it dropped in the 4 stars to get me on the board again, this time it bumped the nudges up to 10 instantly and I went around the board a few times and the nudges went up to 20 then I landed on the nudges square for it to give me the £100 cashpot :)
The afterplay is very good also

#20 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Been playing this DX as much as I can since i found it and was only usually getting about £20 - £25 from the 4 stars everytime as I always went as far as I could go before loosing and getting the booby prize tax free cash prize.
But tonight I gambled a £1 win up to £25 and exchanged to the feature to get the 4 stars and I gambled all the way until it hit me again but the tax free booby prize gave me £32.60.
Then a few spins later it dropped in the 4 stars to get me on the board again, this time it bumped the nudges up to 10 instantly and I went around the board a few times and the nudges went up to 20 then I landed on the nudges square for it to give me the £100 cashpot :)
The afterplay is very good also

Very typical of this machine with the cashpot scenario.Usually with a 15,20,25 exchange if you could see any cashpot symbols below the winline then a 30+ win would be worth collecting otherwise if nudgepot is racking up very quickly then cashpot is imminent.Sometimes after a pile of cash has been played the 4 x star symbols will drop in and within a couple of spins the nudgepot will be enough for cashpot (From experience) :D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users