• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 welshwiz

welshwiz

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:19 PM

Hi
Does anyone remeber a company from Cardiff that used to produce fruit machines.

They were called Video Fruit Services and where in Splott in Cardiff, I worked there 1985-1988 constructing machines.

As far as I can rember we used to buy in old Barcrest etc machines and fit our own games into them, also sell upgrade kits (glass,roms,reels etc) to companys to upgrade their old machines.

Any of there old roms about?

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:28 PM

Hi welshwiz,

Any names of the Machines?...

If it (as in your name) was Video then it most unlikely due to the current Emulators.

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:42 PM

Not sure....there is almost certainly going to be some form of Barcrest MPU4 Video support in MFME 2 [when it is released], but 1985>88?
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#4 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 08:51 PM

I have just got an old video fruit services machine going, called naughts`n crosses.

#5 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 09:32 PM

early bar x....lol

xox
xxo
oox

Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#6 welshwiz

welshwiz

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 10:38 PM

naughts`n crosses..................probs built that one I did alot of them.

I cant really remember the titles they did, i know mostly normal pub machines but they did do a few club (£100 win, big at the time) machines too.

#7 lincs leisure R us

lincs leisure R us

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:58 AM

there was once a conversion of naughts`n crosses that was fitted to an old mpu3 barcrest machine a good few years the start buttons used to be on the side of the cabinet. i'm f*cked if i can remember the company that did the conversion kit for this :-(

does anybody know ? ? :roll:

#8 MDS

MDS

• New Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 12:03 PM

naughts`n crosses..................probs built that one I did alot of them.

I cant really remember the titles they did, i know mostly normal pub machines but they did do a few club (£100 win, big at the time) machines too.

You must've done a few of them, VFS converted 2,700 Nudges Unlimited to OXO's (Nought's N' Crosses) - and that doesn't include the dedicated conversion kits that were sold direct to the operators. lol

VFS also released a conversion based on Instant Replay called Wheel Of Fortune in high numbers, probably explains why there's not many around of them thesedays.

The story same goes for even older MPU2 machines also.

Mike

#9 tim2985

tim2985

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:56 AM

I did some early conversions from Barcrest Nudges Unlimited (or Barcrest Hi Lite) to Fruitopoly. The kits came from Video Fruit Services and the company was run by Welshman Dave Evans. They made some really good kits and also made the Skill Shuffle with the patented push button, basically a simple coin payout fruit machine that was classed as a skill game and you could site them anywhere

#10 0010110001100011

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:16 AM

I used to work there as a programmer - tim2985 is that Tim Williams?

I remember Fruit Shuffle we did hundreds of them (programmed by Tim) and Texas Star (the pink death - I think that one was Max) we did a load of them for Nobles too.

I programmed a machine for Dave Evans (Speilburg) and a club machine for Aaathur Thomas.

Shame the place went bankrupt.

#11 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

used to have a video star myself. not my cup of tea but some customers loved it

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users