132 replies to this topic

#1 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:31 PM

FME is a strange beast with lots of history, lost forums and discussions. We have tried to collect as many layouts as we can throughout the years (managed by Geddy for the last 10 years or so, with me helping in the last 12 months).

As such fruit-emu does not have all of the layouts that we have collected.

Use my website http://fme.x10.mx to search for layouts (we are about 20 or so behind at the moment, but I will be updating again shortly)

If you need a particular layout and you find it is not available on fruit-emu and you would like me to add it just let me know by giving me the full layout name e.g. Coronation Street Maygay Dx03 1024 6jp

I will then try and upload them here, so we can fill in the gaps as much as possible. But please make sure you have checked that they are not already available on fruit-emu.com in the downloads section, as no point in duplicating.

The collection of layouts we have sometimes contain numerous versions for the same layout. This is when a designer may have made adjustments and/or fixes. It's generally always better to select the higher version number.

Searching on the website is a bit strange, here are some pointers :

NOTE: make sure you do not use a space between the keyword and the + sign

coronation search for all layouts with coronation in the name
coronation+street all layouts with coronation AND street in the name (note: do no use space between the keywords and the + sign!)
maygay+dx all Maygay DXs
barcrest+dx+1280 all Barcrest 1280 DX's
1600+dx all 1600 res DX's
25jp all 25 jp layouts

You get the idea !

Mort.

Edited by mort, 03 May 2012 - 02:38 PM.

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:45 PM

Your site is a god-send and One I use a fair bit.....brilliant One and I LOVE it......thanks for the time to create and keep it updated.

FE isn't the hub of FME as we know, some make a release and may choose just to upload to...say.....the Mecca, DADS etc....usually it's a site that they consider 'home'.

There are times though when a release is made purely to be on that home-site...but time passes and these layouts can, sorry to say be forgot about if they arn't spread around.

It's disrespectful as we well know within the gentlemens scene to either steal a WIP, upload to a site within a few days a new layout the creator chose not to etc...I fully appriciate this isn't being suggested here :)

My personal opinion is (this a FE view..just mine)......if these arn't en-mass on alternative sites then we should add them. But if we do I think it's only fair to say which site they came from within the notes in the 'release' thread.

#3 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

Ady, thanks for your kind words mate, but this is the problem with FME and always has been. As far as I am concerned if a layout is released into the public domain (that means posted to any forum) then I believe it should be available to any person on the internet to download and enjoy. There has been too much baggage along the years, far too much cloak and dagger. As someone said recently these aren't secret nuclear plans, even though some of them guard them as such. So I have to disagree about trying to work out which site it came from etc. etc. FME should be for people to relive the playing memories, and layouts should not be held to ransom for a select few to enjoy, as they just get lost and forgotten over time, like tears in the rain... :)

Edited by mort, 03 May 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#4 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:13 PM

I see ady,s point as some people support different fruity sites etc but the ones I asked for, I couldn,t find even on the repro, and the cash bonus one even said fruit-emu.com on it so maybe it was deleted at some point. There,s not many on the snapshots that aren,t available on any site but it,s just nice to have those not available anywhere to become available if you know what I mean. So thanks to whoever made those layouts and to Mort for bringing them back to life, as cameron said "we,re all in this together" unlike him let's stick to what's said and be together in one BIG fruity family.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:15 PM

Very very good points too, and yes I too hate (as you rightly suggest) the cloak and dagger senarios.

We are all here for fun on whatever site for exactly the same reasons....that bit of fun within a common interest, re-kindle some far forgotten machines, pass the time and above all have a good time.

I see time and time again arguements based on what you posted and mixed in with what I posted too.

For those of us that are familiar with FME and the sites (vectra you lazy sod lol ;) (joking with you buddy)) know's where we we should look for the latest release's......but I put my emphasis on this.............

Leave it a while (which all your's have) to upload to another site as it's just a case of 'internal' respect?........theres loads of layouts on your site I never knew even existed!!!.....the creator took time to make it, i'm not (as you can well see) saying don't upload........just it's only fair to add a simple One liner as to what site it was from.

#6 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Thanks Ady, I'm happy to upload the files for people to enjoy them, but no record has been kept for who made them or which forum they got posted to originally. Most layouts should show the author on the layout art etc. I am prepared to upload files but not sift through forums dead or alive to find a release thread, but I will try to post the author name when possible.

Personally I wish the layout filenames had the author name on them, for example I would like to show all DX's done by Pook, Serene, TommyC, DAD, Ploggy etc. but therein lies a problem, as some authors used multiple nicknames, so it's not something that's consistent enough to record.

Sorry if I am a bit strong about this, but I knew this might come up, and all I want to do is help people out and upload, it's as simple as that. If I have the layouts then I don't see why others should not enjoy them, of course I realise you are saying go ahead and upload if a request comes up, but I just wanted to make my feelings clear from the beginning.

:)

Mort.

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 03:52 PM

Personally I wish the layout filenames had the author name on them, for example I would like to show all DX's done by Pook, Serene, TommyC, DAD, Ploggy etc. but therein lies a problem, as some authors used multiple nicknames, so it's not something that's consistent enough to record..

I have done few too you know!!!!!!! lol ;)

Now this has hit a pinnacle with me.......what you are doing is 'pukka'. and I don't want to go off topic.

A while ago I have had such a time with (sorry to say) what I call a total knob!......he decided to create a torrent, all edited without side-art's saying they were ALL HIS WORK........via PM (so I can't emphasise) "well they f*****g are ain't they?.......if the maker don't add their name how do I know twat!"

Wow.......2 totally different angles!

#8 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

I have done few too you know!!!!!!! lol ;)

Now this has hit a pinnacle with me.......what you are doing is 'pukka'. and I don't want to go off topic.

A while ago I have had such a time with (sorry to say) what I call a total knob!......he decided to create a torrent, all edited without side-art's saying they were ALL HIS WORK........via PM (so I can't emphasise) "well they f*****g are ain't they?.......if the maker don't add their name how do I know twat!"

Wow.......2 totally different angles!

Did he make a SWIFT exit ;) see what i did there :)

#9 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Did he make a SWIFT exit ;) see what i did there :)

lol possibly mate...nice touch ;)

#10 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

A massive pat on the back to you Mort and Geddy for creating the lists and putting the work into it.

I will im sure open up a can of worms here!
My first insight into Fruit Emu was via a dodgy disc purchased from Ebay(and im more than sure im not the only one to have purchased such a disc!)
And for all the criticism we can hail at the rogues that produce the discs,without stumbling upon the ebay page,I would have never discoverd the many emulation sites.

I don't have the disc now,but I do recall more than 1slot on the disc that I have not seen on any Emu site!
One that I recall, does have a classic by C.Haddock(the name of the slot I cant recall-sorry!)

It is a Barcrest slot that has a cash cog,feature cog and knockout cog on it-£15 jackpot.
On the disc there was a dx of this game-but I have searched all the sites for the game and in the past asked various members with no joy!

The dx version must have been made by somebody-And is a crackin game too.

Jay

#11 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thunderbird? if it is i have pictures on the way to me for a dx of this.

#12 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:37 PM

you,re kidd'ing swift exit he,s come to my 'parish' now.

#13 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:46 PM

Thunderbird? if it is i have pictures on the way to me for a dx of this.

Not Thunderbird mate.

V.similar- Has a nudge trail on the bottom of the slot ,to gain fruit awards and get you onto the feature trail-which runs around a square.

#14 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Money Maker.

#15 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:01 PM

Have a search now Gemini and if you find the layout name post it here and i will get the dx uploaded

#16 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Money Maker.

Bingo!!!!

Thats the slot

#17 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:06 PM

Might be worth trying search string = barcrest+dx+15jp

Lol we dont have a dx for money maker listed :(

Edited by mort, 03 May 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#18 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Have a search now Gemini and if you find the layout name post it here and i will get the dx uploaded

Money maker Mort

Thanks to Tommy and many thanks Mort-Be interested to see who created the layout,if it does exist

Gutted im workin back to back 24hr shifts from tommorow-as ive soo much to download,play and search for :mad:

Week off next week me thinks ;)

Might be worth trying search string = barcrest+dx+15jp

Lol we dont have a dx for money maker listed :(

I have played it though-or was I just daydreamin lol

No without a doubt I have-real wish I still had that disc :no:

#19 mort

mort

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 354 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:12 PM

We just seem to have a classic. I see you and tommyc discussed it on a thread on here last year. But only a small photo has been found by the look of it

#20 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

there,s only a classic of money maker no dx has been made for it afaik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users