- - - - -

Let's Have Your Top 5 Fruities EVER!!!!

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_madman_*

Guest_madman_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2004 - 10:15 PM

super blackjack club........................

cops n robber club

homers meltdown

partytime

any 80,s barcrest club machine

#22 BWB

BWB

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 06:42 AM

Coundn't narrow it down to 5 so you've got 6 ! (in no real order)

Super Steppa (JPM-UK)

Cash Crop (Williams-USA)

Win-A-Gain (BWB-UK)

Royal Exchange (Barcrest-UK)

Club Rodeo (Rodeo-Japan)

RollerCoaster (JPM-UK)

Sorry to be diffrent but there's alot of fruities out there and I love 'em all !

#23 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 04:29 PM

[Aladdins cave's clone was called Masterspy ( 2p £1.50 jp ) hours of fun there.]

Cheers Ziggy! I had soooooo forgotten about that! You sure is what not the 10p version though?

Also can anyone remember a 2p machine which i am sure was called Bank Raid(I know there is a newer machione called this),where the gamble was double or nothing,and if you got the nudges on the feature you could nudge 2 or 3 reels at once?Same era as Aladdin's Cave/Win-A-Gain etc and I am sure it was by the same people who did Aladdins Cave cos of how it played,sounds etc.

Also I will be well impressed if anyone can identify this 2p machine,again from similar era.The feature board was a castle I believe,and randomly(although always just before it paid jackpot)it would give between 1 and 6 steps on the board.Actually I think the feature board was like Roadrunner,Line Up etc where any numbers took you round it,you didnt need a certain number number to actually get on the board.

Also 1 more,a trail machine with a big Cobra on it.2p and 10p versions were in the arcades,again at a similar time.

Thanks in advance!

#24 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 06:10 PM

I think the machine you referred to with the castle was Quickstep. I remember playing one years ago in Mevagissey in Cornwall on 2p play £1.50. As far as I'm concerned those were the days when fruits were exciting, maybe because as a young novice player I didn't know whether I'd win or not which was exciting in itself. These days it is easier to tell when feature games are due to pay out and therefore the thrill is lost, because you expect to win rather than hope to.

I agree Aladdins Cave/Master Spy were great games, as were the Gold Mine/Winstrike/Rat Race/Ace Chase series. Players of the late 80's may also remember Blue Streak and follow-ups (PCP were the Daddy in those days for 2pers) and Lucky Lady/Fruit King. I have fond memories of all these games.

My Top 5 then -

Aladdins Cave (I wish this could be emulated) :-?

Gold Mine

Lucky Lady

Cash Cards (Fantastic 2p fun)

Cash Alarm (the skill-stops on the name weren't easy!) :D

--------------------------------

Happy Days eh?

#25 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 07:47 PM

Thanks Steve,indeed it was Quickstep! You the man!

#26 RB

RB

PISH Artist

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3342 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:02 PM

Real Life Machines
In order of ownership...

1: Lineup (original)
2: Psycho cash beast (awp)
3: Razzle Dazzle (not working yet, Motherboard Problems)
4: Autoroute
5: Italian Job (awaiting delivery)

Emulated Machines

1: Italian Job (maygay)
2: Tomb Raider (JPM)
3: Gladiators (Maygay)
4: Dels Millions (BFM)
5: Top gear (barcrest)
Cyberpunk:- alienated loner who lives on the edge of society in generally dystopic future where daily life is impacted by rapid technological change, an ubiquitous datasphere of computerized information, and invasive modification of the human body.....Hmmmmm

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#27 psycho2

psycho2

• New Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 10:42 PM

my 5 favourites in no particular order and some reel oldies r
1 psycho cash beast
2 fore&aft (a reel old bell fruit machine from the seventies)
3 eachway shuffle (original jpm)
4 bullion bars (ace club machine from late seventies)
5 club lucky strike 100 (the 1 from early eighties)

#28 westy20040

westy20040

Layout Designer

• Regulars
  • 680 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:11 PM

My top 5 are

1. The Great Escape
2. Dr. Who
3. Italian Job
4. Crazy Fruits
5. Step It Up

#29 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 October 2004 - 11:27 PM

No particular order and a weird selection!

Public Enemy No. 1
Instant Jackpots
Club Blackjack
Indiana Jones
CardCash

#30 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 11:34 AM

Ok heres my top 5 in no particular order :roll:

1...CLOUD 999 (Barcrest lo-tech jobbie) 1st machine i ever played
2...BIG BREAKFAST (BFM) Hope this can be emulated soon :p
3...RIVERBOAT GAMBLER(ASTRA) Can anyone remember this..used to be good for an easy £50 when it spun in the joker ;)
4...TWILIGHT ZONE(ACE) and all clones...watch for my hidden treasures
5...PARTY TIME ARENA (ASTRA) I know this can be a real piece of s**t sometimes but boy...addictive or what??

#31 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:04 PM

I appologise for the, frankly appalling, sound quality of this clip (its off my phone). But for all those who are interested, here is the feature music from Fairground (minus the little introduction bit).

Attached Files

#32 Jamesbond_007838

Jamesbond_007838

Option Explicit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 08:38 PM

My fav's are

1. Club Psycho Cash Beast
What a machine, how many club machines have IM mods. Great playability, good features..what more can i say?

'nuff said mate - Club Psycho Cash Beast = the best machine EVER made of all time. I just couldnt walk into a club that had one without dropping the jp/winning £40+ :) In fact, anyone with one that wants to sell it i MAY be interested, you must be able to deliver though to scotland

#33 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 October 2004 - 09:50 PM

Hmm...as with all club machines, it depends on :

a) Site
B) Type of players
c) Machine profile

It would not be impossible therefore to find a PSBC that didn't give a board for £50 and then killed you after 2 spins with nothing worth more than £1 available.

It would be near impossible for us to find a 'best machine of all time' that more than 50% of people would agree with. I dare say that the best machine of all time would be something from the golden era of gaming [jackpot equal to a pint by todays standards, loads of entertainment while you won that pint, and plenty of player skill to keep you on your toes].

I may wall change mine to a classic machine I used to play when I was about 7.....

Something about a joystick and a button...you had to shoot a moving target and if you hit it you won a bit of bubblegum which fell out of a transparent tube :)

Couldn't fail to jackpot that one :D

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#34 darren knight

darren knight

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:31 PM

1. Roller Coaster If Only For The Feature Music
2. Iron Mike I Love That Machine Not Seen It In Many A Year
3. Pink Panther "original" Advance To Eifeel Tower Class
4 Simpsons Duff Beer Guide
5. Good Old Cops And Robbers

I Must Say All The New Machines Are Pants S16s And Such, Atleat In The Old Days U Could Go Into Ur Arcades With £20-£30 And Have A Good 3-4 Hours Gamble With Nothing Much To Loose

#35 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:36 PM

Wow - Darren you just pulled a thread back from the jaws of death - Only 3 years old:D - Lol.

While we are here - Top 5 is an easy choice for me:

Hit The Six - £4.80JP
Bullseye - £6JP
Roller Coaster - £6JP
Jackpot 7's - £4.80JP
Fairground - £6JP

All from the glory glory days of Tokens - I :love: Tokens.

:devil:

#36 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

My 5 are

1.Big Break Deluxe. ( ACE CLUBBER ) £200 JP
2.Golden Award. ( Crest MPU3 ) £3 JP
3.Rat-Race. ( Crest MPU3 ) £1.50 JP
4.Roller Coaster. ( JPM IMPACT ) £10 & 15 JP
5.Seven's And Melons ( Project ) £4.80 JP

And i Have owned ALL these EXCEPT Sevens n Melons

Steve
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#37 darren knight

darren knight

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 01:21 PM

i think there is a twighlight zone still in the pub on that proggrame on life on mars lol

#38 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:37 PM

No thread goes without Craz's say1 Unless it's boring of course.

1) Impulse-Funny Money...I used to cane this in an arcade because I knew its cycle. £5 or so suck, then it would award something like £2, then it would be off for the next couple of quid. The bottom features can pay a lot and the cashpot repeater is generous. Also good music!

2) Bellfruit-Monopoly. Never done badly off this. And it was the first I played with collect on mystery, so it's obvious when to cut and run. Had 2 large wins. One £10 and other £12.

3) Barcrest-Cash Bang Wallop. Now I like machines that can be awfully nice and then be a total bitch at the same time for some reason. More fun on the emulator perhaps. the feeling of playing a favourite machine and the anticipation of dissecting it? These were good for a quick snap up win of £3. Once got £15 on a repeater, but can also be nasty with 10, Bang, dead.

4) Bellfruit-Dough Ho Ho! You know when it's going, it quickly offers about £4 on the red cash and hauls red parrots. Also it can drop a mega streak out of nowhere. On £5, I had the Mega go for £11 and the Super go for £8.

5) Vivid-Jekyll and Hyde. Yes I sound like I need a banning by this but it was just nice and simple for a small profit at the end. Boards every £1/£2 and they went from £1 to £3. 2 Hilos were easy to get but the third not so good. So I stop and collect then.
496-Red-That's Magic! What's the point of a board that you can't get on! Yeah actually that's what fruit machines do, but make it fun...At least with a Golden Dragon on a suck I get bonuses and nudges etc.

497- Barcrest-Jackpoteers. Not fun, bonuses never win, neither do nudges. Takes ages for the board which blocks at £2. Miserable!

498-Barcrest-Barking Mad...£10 for what...A quid???You guessed it! And being a lo tech no frills or anything.

499-Barcrest-Open the Box...Take Barking Mad and subtract the quid, and a lot of the nudges.

Ant bottom of the pile at 500 is...BGT-Barmy Army...Must be impossible for a board on this! Well not really but it was about 16 quid to get it and in the end I got a quid back. Also not well set out so you know what's going on.
But you make losses somedays, what can be done really...It happens.

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#39 thecodfather

thecodfather

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

That really has got me thinking, what were the top five machines of "all time" for me...

1 - Has to be Hi Roller - JPM, a legendary machine that I would always do well on.

2 - Sevens and Melons - Project - the sound of the hold when you got the sixth or seventh jackpot hold never, ever got boring, what a great sound!!!

3 - Pay Packet - PCP - an important machine for me as it was one of the first machines that I played that had a potentially large win, you know when you hit the feature and you would fill in the 10p's, 20p's and so on...

4 - Play It Again - ACE - another legendary entertaining machine that would play exceptionnaly well (even in Rank Arcades) before the rechips

5 - Big Bucks - JPM - another machine that before the rechips would ALWAYS (if you were good enough) give Jackpot of Stop 'n' Step feature, a classic.

Other mentions that are almost there: -

Poundstretcher - ACE
Hi Impact - JPM
Red Alert - JPM (Nice One)

#40 dazza e

dazza e

• New Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 August 2007 - 05:04 PM

1 pinball nudger 2 tick tock cash 3 monopoly 60 4 super streaker 5 crazy fruits these are my top 5. dazza e

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users