Do FMEs make you want to play more?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 00dicko

00dicko

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:20 AM

i thought that playing FME would make me want to spend less of my hard earned cash down the local arcade. it seems it has had the oposite effect and i am now spending more than before i started downloading.

any body else feel the same?

p.s i'm not complaining so dont be f*ckin sarcastic anyone!
these machines will be the end of me!!!

#2 hazie2005

hazie2005

• New Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:27 AM

i feel the same 00 i thought this would change me for good but it neva oh well!

#3 lincs leisure R us

lincs leisure R us

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:53 AM

which arcade in meggies u spend ya money in.

smiles for miles?
taylor made fun?

#4 00dicko

00dicko

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 10:57 AM

smiths mostly. some times taylors . sometimes i often go up yonder to lady luck n savoy ect

#5 DildoDez

DildoDez

• Regulars
  • 1104 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 01:48 PM

Well it depends. Playing an older emu will restore faith in machines that they can actually be fun to play. like Andy Capp with its constant spewage of Jackpots. Playing a newer JPM will just reinforce how shit machines are these days with their constantgoing lower than 2 and higher than 11 rigged gambles and feature boards being good for about £3-5 on a £25 JP. Playing older emus will encourage you to find an arcade and dwindle away pound after pound playing fun machines (you'll still lose, but money will last longer and you'll have fun). Playing newer emu's will show you that streaks are ridiculous, and that they won't pay out anything unless they're about to streak. These encourage you to keep your pound in your pocket. lol if somebody inside Barcrest leaks their MPU5 emulator (hah, that's going to happen lol) a lot of people will be getting more encouraged to keep the pound in the pocket when the get to see how bad the newer £25 Barcrest's play, even at 98%. The early MPU5's werent as bad tho.

Personaly, i can no longer be bothered putting money into a puggy (unless i own it) because i feel like i have next to no chance of winning anything. and the fact that for £10 you get 30 credits and about 3 feature boards - in other words, utter pish lol

that's my view anyway- hope it makes sense

#6 00dicko

00dicko

• New Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:32 PM

cheers m8 i understand were your coming from there
i can be very frustrating waiting for a feature on a machine tht is no way going to pay out.

thnx for your views

#7 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2004 - 02:51 PM

Well I must admit that in my youth I was an addict and blew every penny I earned on fruit machines. That was between the age of 16 - 20, but i'm pleased to say I kicked the habit and found that I could play fruit machines leisurely with out the temptation of putting everything I had in my pocket, wallet and bank account though the bloody things. Eventually I just didn't play them at all - had no interest to me. I guess the fascination just wore off.

Then I discovered emulation......

I have to admit that its sparked my interest again, and I've found myself playing fruit machines quite a bit. In fact I've played more machines in the last 3 years than I have in the last 20. I'm nowhere near as bad as I used to be and I don't think I ever will be, but in answer to your question I'd have to say YES!

DAD

#8 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 29 September 2004 - 04:43 PM

Heres praying that that MPU5, EPOCH, PLUTO and whatever godforsaken sh**e Astra use are never emulated!

I'll say that the emulator made me hunt out £4 / £6 [All Cash] JP machines in places like Bridlington - and they NEVER live up to their emulated cousins. No doubt that none of them have batteries though so they always play from a factory reset.

I could see how an emulator for the modern techs above could actually boost cashbox returns, and I think that, as they could catch emptiers early on, saying 'people finding emptiers/methods' is not a valid reason for saying they shouldn't be emulated.

Personally I hate all modern machines anyway, unless they are stuff like Spiker the Biker, Monty Python, Hot Stuff, BFM Diamond Mine [all on £5 JP]

Impulse are as shockingly bad on £5 as they are on £25. I bet they even pay £25 when you get the top feature :)

BarcrestBenito
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users