29 replies to this topic

#1 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:10 AM

I am Planning to do an emulation for Pyramid. it will be £3 5p

can you find me the roms and PM me some pictures please as i would be very greatful.

Thank you.

connor55

PS: Any help will be very useful if you could. Thank you for looking at my stuff

#2 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:14 PM

if its an electrocoin you got no chance mate, they use a tech that is currently unemulateable ;)

BTW you will find ALL the resources and tutorials etc for your first layout on the repro - you can find it in the links at the top of this page

**edited to include info about repro**

Edited by cashbox1, 25 October 2011 - 01:16 PM.

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#3 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:29 PM

thank you cashbox

i am just going to check the repro NOW

ASAP i am going to do my machine

#4 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 01:45 PM

unemulateable ;)

Oh my God...you've now started talking like Delboy.

#5 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:13 PM

Connor55 this machine only runs in wizards mystical outta this world emu, which we don't have so you have no chance of getting this machine running. Unless you have the rings from stargate and you can zip into and out of his house to grab a copy ;) It would have been emulated well before now if it had been running.

#6 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 05:12 PM

Oh my God...you've now started talking like Delboy.

well jim, its bouef a la mode as they say :D :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#7 ritdav

ritdav

• Regulars
  • 389 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:43 PM

goods news mon dieu the mame boys have agreed to give this a bash and get it up and running as a goodwill gesture,whilst they continue with the boring bits in the background.

#8 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

goods news mon dieu the mame boys have agreed to give this a bash and get it up and running as a goodwill gesture,whilst they continue with the boring bits in the background.

You serious? If it's a joke its not a good one but if your for real this is amazingly great news. I will be amazed if they can get it running. Can i just ask, how will they get this running? Will they edit the rom?

#9 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:25 PM

tad early/late for april fools ?

#10 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:26 AM

I was thinking the same but hey if anyone's going to do it they are the guys that can so no complaints from me.

#11 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:39 AM

sorry. but are you saying that we can have a bash at this machine???

if we can. i best get cracking NOW!!!!!

Thank You for your support connor55

#12 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:41 AM

sorry. but are you saying that we can have a bash at this machine???

if we can. i best get cracking NOW!!!!!

Thank You for your support connor55

If they do manage to get it running there will probably be a few people racing to get it done as its a very sort after machine. Good luck

#13 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 07:47 AM

thanks robin. sorry about the nagging i've done in the past. i was wondering if they could get the pyramid running, could you help me get it done please???

thanks

connor55 :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

#14 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

There is nothing in writing anywere that says the mame team are gonna look at the electrocoin tech,so your running before you can walk.

#15 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:46 PM

Much as I would absolutely love to see any of electrocoin's stuff in mfme (Especially this), there is no chance in hell it will run on any public released version of mfme.

#16 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:22 PM

Connor - it's nice to see someone join the site with so much enthusiasm. However, it is not possible to emulate some of the games you mention at this time, either due to lack of resources or the ROMs don't run in the latest emulator.

Also what tends to happen in this scene is that as soon as some resources surface for a game that runs in the emulator but hasn't been done there is a massive race by various people to get a layout released first so they can have 'bragging rights' so to speak. Albert Square will definitely be one such game, and even if you did do a layout first it would invariably get superseded quickly by a better-looking one by someone more experienced. Newly-discovered ROMs and the best resources tend to get sent to the more established layout designers first.

What I think you should do as a beginner is find a game you like that has already been done and then do your own layout from scratch. All the necessary tools are available and there are loads of people here who will be able to give tips and advice, and doing layouts is not easy! Your first one will take you weeks I'm sure, as it did for everyone. This is the only way to learn how to do things properly. Once you're more experienced and established you'll see how the scene works, but first you need to 'earn your stripes' so to speak :)
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#17 connor55

connor55

fruity crazy

• Regulars
  • 168 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:26 PM

Connor - it's nice to see someone join the site with so much enthusiasm. However, it is not possible to emulate some of the games you mention at this time, either due to lack of resources or the ROMs don't run in the latest emulator.

Also what tends to happen in this scene is that as soon as some resources surface for a game that runs in the emulator but hasn't been done there is a massive race by various people to get a layout released first so they can have 'bragging rights' so to speak. Albert Square will definitely be one such game, and even if you did do a layout first it would invariably get superseded quickly by a better-looking one by someone more experienced. Newly-discovered ROMs and the best resources tend to get sent to the more established layout designers first.

What I think you should do as a beginner is find a game you like that has already been done and then do your own layout from scratch. All the necessary tools are available and there are loads of people here who will be able to give tips and advice, and doing layouts is not easy! Your first one will take you weeks I'm sure, as it did for everyone. This is the only way to learn how to do things properly. Once you're more experienced and established you'll see how the scene works, but first you need to 'earn your stripes' so to speak :)

i am very greatful for your support steve. thanks mate. connor55.

#18 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:34 PM

No probs :)

Incidentally there are about 20 videos of Pyramid on the Repro, taken by Spa (a long-standing member of the scene).

Have a look at the following link and get a login -

http://www.fruit-emu...7-cliffs-repro/

Look in the folder 'Repro Stuff' and there should be a 'Videos' folder. They are in there, along with loads of other videos and resources. Best the scene can do at the moment as far as Pyramid is concerned. They run on a tech called Phoenix which hasn't been emulated and won't be for some time.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#19 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 October 2011 - 02:26 PM

Much as I would absolutely love to see any of electrocoin's stuff in mfme (Especially this), there is no chance in hell it will run on any public released version of mfme.

Is it not just a case of removing the security from the roms? Or is it that the tech does not run in the emu?

#20 carlosgee

carlosgee

• Regulars
  • 1005 posts

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

omg this would be heaven, i would give up all the pron in the world for this lol
http://www.wwe.com/w...enov08/8662404/ 8th pic on the first row...me perving with me cam on maria

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users