Machine - For Sale

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fluffymij

fluffymij

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 08:58 PM

Can anyone tell me the best place to advertise a fruit machine for sale, it is The Great Train Robbery (A Classic) now taking up space, it is a 20p £6 Jackpot, also, how much could i expect on a good day?

#2 msmat999

msmat999

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 03 August 2003 - 09:31 PM

i am on a look out 4 a fruit machine, do u hav a picture of it? how much do u want for it? is there any problems with it? where do u live?

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 09:57 AM

ebay is your best bet to advertise it.

#4 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:46 AM

Ebay isn't your best bet anymore as they are ending Fruit Machine auctions early left right and centre after they had a warning from higher powers about the Gaming Act. Basically you need a licence to sell a fruit machine, it appears even if you sell one that you have at home for private use. People are advertising crippled machines now with disconnected mechs to try and get round the regulations (easily fixed after sale though, just a lot of extra hassle) but even some of these have been ended early. Selling machines is against their conditions now which could mean you have your account closed :(

QXL.com is now being used by several machine vendors, they have a nice selection up now too.

You could always try selling in your local free ads paper too, that can be successful plus you will get around the money you ask for (just don't go silly!)

#5 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 04 August 2003 - 10:53 AM

If you do try ebay I recommend you put it up for Buy It Now, that way you can hope someone buys it before they remove the auction.

Not really much point having an auction though using this method.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users