DXCELLENT

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Marty2k3

Marty2k3

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 03:26 PM

That site used to be the best,now its just a messed up webpage what happened to it? :roll:

#2 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2003 - 06:53 PM

That site used to be the best,now its just a messed up webpage what happened to it?

DXcellent was one, if not the best FME sites ever. Dave Pook decided that after exactly one year to call it a day. I presume that he found it too time consuming to continue with it and it's unlikely that it will ever return. However, Pook and Spanner got together and created Fruit-Zone which uses the bare bones design from DXcellent and is now maintained by Spanner.

Fruit-Zone is in the links secion of this website, but unfortunatley it seems to be down at the moment. Hopefully it'll be back soon!

DAD

#3 Marty2k3

Marty2k3

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 July 2003 - 07:29 PM

Cheers man for replyin and lettin me know the score with it,the main reason i liked it soo much was because beside the machine it had a download link for the rom and layout. This is very handy and saves people switching between the roms and layouts sections why does this site do it?

#4 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 July 2003 - 11:57 AM

By far the best thing I found with DX'cellent was that it had a screenshot for every single release, you could often decide whether it was worth downloading just from that.

#5 msmat999

msmat999

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:30 PM

this had to be the best site ever i hav seen when this went away i had no wherer to turn to for fruit machine , i have only just found this web site so it has been about half a year to find this site

#6 msmat999

msmat999

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:32 PM

this had to be the best site ever i hav seen when this went away i had no wherer to turn to for fruit machine , i have only just found this web site so it has been about half a year to find this site

#7 msmat999

msmat999

• New Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 July 2003 - 06:32 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users