jpemu help me please

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ollyboy

ollyboy

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 04:26 PM

I have downloaded jpemu Ver 1.46 and i am trying to run the Thunderbirds emulation from Troutman all it seems to do is gobble up all my system resources then crash with error messages popping up all over the screen has anybody got any ideas :cry:

#2 Wozza

Wozza

Advanced Member

• Gold Supporters
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 09:01 PM

It may help if you let us know the specification of your machine and the operating system.

#3 ollyboy

ollyboy

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:00 PM

Hi again....... I'm running 750 meg Athlon with 512 meg ram using Windows ME Is this spec too low to run jpemu any answers gratefully recieved :oops:

#4 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 06:26 PM

You have a problem then. Pre Windows 2000 operating system do not run the emulators too well.

#5 Wozza

Wozza

Advanced Member

• Gold Supporters
  • 453 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 03:08 PM

You have a good spec machine and lots of memory, but unfortunatley Windows 9x/ME will never be as good as handling machine resources as Windows 2000 or Windows XP. I have checked out the resource requirements for Thunderbirds and it only uses around 30Mb of memory so thats not an issue for you, but it really hits the processor hard and on my machine processor hits go up to 40% (I have a 1Ghz procesor) but I am running Windows XP so this helps a lot.

I have a few sugestions for you.

1. Upgrade to Windows XP (I am sure you didn't want to hear that one!)
2. Try and close all other running applications down before running the emulator. (i.e stop any Virus Programs or other programs running in the task bar)

Hope this helps

#6 Guest_Anonymous_*

Guest_Anonymous_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2003 - 04:21 PM

thanks wozza................. i have tried to close down all running progs but makes no difference have tried running it on friends computer also which has a very high spec and it won't run on that either also using windows ME must be the operating system looks like an upgrade is required................. :wink: many thanks for your advice anyhow

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users