• 806 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:29 PM

Posted Image Download from Fruit-Emu

Posted Image

File Name: BWB Fire and Ice (classic)
File Submitter: Dougsta
File Submitted: 12 Aug 2010
File Category: MPU 4

Time to ping this out. Massive thanks to Guitar for getting the ROMs up and running, hopefully we can look forward to many more of these old BWBs in the near future. Also thanks to banditboy and hitthesix for testing.

You must use MFME 3.2. No other emu versions will run this game.

Sadly we do not have the sound ROMs, so this uses Heaven and Hell sounds which are only a partial match. Some of the sounds are out of place.

Also it is prone to coin-in errors. Put coins in slowly to avoid this. If it errors, open and close the doors to clear.

A decent machine this. It is incredibly obvious when it wants to pay, and when it doesn't. A shark's paradise this one back in the day.

#2 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:59 PM

Excellent classic mate. many thanks for this, also massive thanks to guitar for getting the bwbs to run.

post number 2000 for me yay!

Edited by hitthesix, 13 August 2010 - 07:00 PM.

#3 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:02 PM

Ill have to have ago at this, ive never seen this machine in my life let alone play it! (and I live in blackpool) no idea what all the fuss is about so it better be good! Cheers for this!

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#4 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

Thank you
https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

#5 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

thanks Dougsta mate :D a cracking classic

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#6 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 09:16 PM

nice work :)

#7 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:46 AM

Very nice to see the first proper unemulated BWB running. its a big step forward for fe and it is down to guitar for his continued effort with his emu and the work on the chr. Many thanks to you doug for taking this on, very nice looking layout. shame about the sounds but at least it has them and its running. Thanks to all involved.

#8 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:46 AM

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
God bless you and Guitar!
Before now the only WIP i was looking forward to being released was South Park. TBH Volcano is the one I REALLY REALLY cant wait for...... but patience is a virtue and all that! :spinny: Is there a (fire and ice) DX on the way can I ask?

Edited by hornynick, 14 August 2010 - 06:26 AM.

#9 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 06:09 AM

Crikey!! You weren't joking about the £1 in errors were you! Even playing at £1 a time ( I normally shove in £5 at a time) I got a "malfunction"!! The first thing I did though, after downloading, was click "auto throttle", so I am gonna unclick it and see what happens. Although I am on Vista and I have heard of MFME speed problems before, although this is the first time I have noticed anything.

Edit: It does seem to work better with "auto throttle" unclicked.....for me anyway!

Edit edit: It does seem very tempremental, and TBH unplayable for me. :sad: sometimes it works fine for a few £s at a time then nothing at all for ages. I dont know what to put this down to TBH, so if anyone has any ideas.........

Im just praying Volcano doesn't have the same issues, but im not holding my breath!
With any luck Guitars FMEF/Amber wont have the same problems. :biglaugh:

Edited by hornynick, 14 August 2010 - 06:41 AM.

#10 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:17 AM

I think the best way to get coins in is to "tap" the 0 key really lightly and quickly, and wait a second between each time you press it. It seems like if you hold the 0 key down even slightly, the machine thinks the slot is being tampered with.

#11 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 07:33 AM

Crikey!! You weren't joking about the £1 in errors were you! Even playing at £1 a time ( I normally shove in £5 at a time) I got a "malfunction"!! The first thing I did though, after downloading, was click "auto throttle", so I am gonna unclick it and see what happens. Although I am on Vista and I have heard of MFME speed problems before, although this is the first time I have noticed anything.

Edit: It does seem to work better with "auto throttle" unclicked.....for me anyway!

Edit edit: It does seem very tempremental, and TBH unplayable for me. :sad: sometimes it works fine for a few £s at a time then nothing at all for ages. I dont know what to put this down to TBH, so if anyone has any ideas.........

Im just praying Volcano doesn't have the same issues, but im not holding my breath!

Try those settings, works perfect for me.

Attached Files

#12 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:29 AM

BWB's need a marginally longer coin pulse.

Barcrest were happy with a pulse of 80,000 cycles, Blues Boys and Volcano need 130,000.

MFME works in a different way to FMEF. In MFME the pulse lasts as long as you hold your finger on the 0 key. In FMEF the pulse goes for a set length of time and stops. With project amber, it works the same way as FMEF but with a guarantee'd "Off-time" so you can hold your finger on the button and it wont error.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#13 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

Does the % seem to be holding true for everyone? I know you will get it varying a bit anyway, but its it paying out way too much for people?

TBH Volcano is the one I REALLY REALLY cant wait for.

You will be a happy man in the near future. Also, Velvet Sky avatar, bonus points for you.

#14 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:19 PM

[quote name='Guitar' timestamp='1281787078' post='198311']
Does the % seem to be holding true for everyone? I know you will get it varying a bit anyway, but its it paying out way too much for people?

The % seems fine, it's set to 72% but rarely gets close, except when it does its streak of 4 jackpots. Most of the time it hovers around the 65% mark.

#15 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

Nope it seems ok on here i just pumped it with 15 quid as quick as it could take it and it was fine no error :)

#16 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 01:51 PM

The % seems fine, it's set to 72% but rarely gets close, except when it does its streak of 4 jackpots. Most of the time it hovers around the 65% mark.

That sounds pretty much as it should be. Good to know.

#17 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:06 PM

I think the best way to get coins in is to "tap" the 0 key really lightly and quickly, and wait a second between each time you press it. It seems like if you hold the 0 key down even slightly, the machine thinks the slot is being tampered with.

I will try that when I have time, cheers.

Had a quick play with those settings and there seemed to be no difference :sad: , cheers anyway.

You will be a happy man in the near future. Also, Velvet Sky avatar, bonus points for you.

Have you seen this pic yet?..........Hubba Bubba!!
http://www.facebook....52256331&ref=mf

#18 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:38 PM

Cheers for this, got Jackpot after a few minites of playing...nice machine :)

#19 regvera

regvera

• Regulars
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:52 PM

Hiya,

Unfortunately, I get the "1.1 pound error."

I have managed to pop a pound in but then it says "malfunction" followed by the above flashing message.

I've clicked "auto throttle" & "no about box to start up" as recommended - any other suggestions?

I assume there are a few of us out there struggling to make it work? I have tried tapping the coin key lightly :undecided:

Thanks,

Reg

Edited by regvera, 15 August 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#20 mazza500

mazza500

FME Supporter

• Regulars
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:00 AM

i have the same problem i just gave up with the machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users