• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2832 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:28 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Popeye 20p/£6 Wdx

File Submitter: TommyC

File Submitted: 12 Aug 2010

File Category: System 5

Heres another photo dx effort of popeye the sailor,using £6 roms which give a good game.Thanks go to shiny for the font info so i could do the hi/lo reel,£6 in tokens,ady and ploggy for looking over the layout,also thanks to the rom and photo and manual uploader and to ploggy for sending me a copy .Shortcuts as normal please enjoy this is a decent machine.

Every lamp is in the place it should be,only issues i've found is when you get cannon ball run the name lamps play up abit,not lighting correctly but they come back on when you get a nudge. windows vista users please note the layout may run slow,so use mfme 3.2 once loaded put a coin in the click the token coin twice this will then speed the layout to a good playable speed,why does it do that god knows but it worls lol.

Click here to download this file

Hold the bells mate.

#2 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:33 PM

thanks tommy mate - another of my old favourites :D

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#3 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 07:56 PM

Thanks Tommy love all your hard work mate :)

#4 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

Got the contrast mastered, keep on releasing those nice dark layouts mate, they look awesome. Excellent release TommyC!!!
"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#5 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

Got the contrast mastered, keep on releasing those nice dark layouts mate, they look awesome. Excellent release TommyC!!!

Sorry I keep making quotes on some of my replies on the latest releases, but its what I would say as well lol...

a quote is easier than just repeating

A very big thanks Tommy

#6 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:25 PM

Excellent dx tommy , well done mate, and thanks for this.

#7 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 08:39 PM

great thanks :rolleyes:
https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

#8 jmon

jmon

Contributor

• Contributor
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 02:45 AM

its nice to see a popeye thank you bud
Join Me At
Posted Image
====>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/JMONHEYMON <<<<---New released layouts updated frequently < last update April 5th >
Posted Image
And join me at http://www.vpforums....ewcat&cat_id=23 for great full screen cabinet recreations HEYMON IT'S JMON!
May we live forever in fruities
(¥¤&#12297; JMON &#12297;¤¥)

#9 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2010 - 06:53 AM

I almost forgot aswell,a big thanks to vinny 130172 for the photo's he uploaded at the mecca of the machine which were used for the dx.

#10 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

Thanks for this, a crackin' release, love the older machines, takes me back to the good old days. Does anyone know what it means when the top Popeye flashes and you hear olive shout "oh popeye" or something like that? I thoght it might be some kind of IM but that doesnt seem to be the case, im stumped unless it doesnt mean anything and i've been trying to work it out for nothing!

#11 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for this, a crackin' release, love the older machines, takes me back to the good old days. Does anyone know what it means when the top Popeye flashes and you hear olive shout "oh popeye" or something like that? I thoght it might be some kind of IM but that doesnt seem to be the case, im stumped unless it doesnt mean anything and i've been trying to work it out for nothing!

Your correct,it means nothing at all,it just does it every now and then on the features or compasses.

#12 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 04:41 PM

Thanks Tommy...bloody red herrings!

#13 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

Hey all i've been playing this all the time and i've collected the feature amazing adventure about 50 times and every time it gives dead end win £1 WTF,how can it be £1 everytime :skeptical: i've tried all the mu;tiple directions there is and still end up with a fecking pound,super7 were are you,you play this in the arcdae you go in,what do you have to do to get more than a friggin pound :lol:

#14 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

[quote name='Tommy c' timestamp='1282425176' post='198700']
Hey all i've been playing this all the time and i've collected the feature amazing adventure about 50 times and every time it gives dead end win £1 WTF,how can it be £1 everytime :skeptical: i've tried all the mu;tiple directions there is and still end up with a fecking pound,super7 were are you,you play this in the arcdae you go in,what do you have to do to get more than a friggin pound :lol:
Most JPM feature boards have a dummy feature and this is it on Popeye!!!Never had more than a squid in the arcade either matey.
Cannonball run is usualy the hot 1-have had £39 on that-mazin!!!Oh and time bomb!!this being unlimted nudges in a clock of aprox 30secs,usualy guarenteed the jacki.
The sceamin of Olive mirrors the cartoon series-the slot is pure genius and ive not put it down since I downloaded it.
Has any1 had the jacki bars hold!!!It does do it on any win-v.occasionly,so id always hold the 123 after a win.
Many thanks Mr C and all involved :notworthy: :notworthy:

#15 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 August 2010 - 10:15 PM

Thanks for the explanation,i played this all over the show and i only collected that feature once on a £4 jackpot version and got a £1.I kept collecting it on this version as the sheer cheekyness of it giving £1 everytime was doing my head in lol.The percentage settings and the high token dip setting seem to have this game bang on with no boring periods and i got a nice run of £27 of tokens on the siver and gold feature,you'd have thought if you hit gold it would be £s but it payed tokens.

#16 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:13 PM

lol
yeah i know weird but wonderful machine!!!!!
Shame they didnt do a ten quid version
Mindst I do have the £8/20p but it dont have the £3 set at £3+reapeat chance
is this out there in emulation land???

#17 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 August 2010 - 06:31 AM

lol
yeah i know weird but wonderful machine!!!!!
Shame they didnt do a ten quid version
Mindst I do have the £8/20p but it dont have the £3 set at £3+reapeat chance
is this out there in emulation land???

There certainly is dx thanks to RB http://www.fruit-emu...popeye-1280-dx/
There was a £10 jckpot version made but they were few and far between same as the upgrades for hagar the horrible,i think i only seen about 3 of them with a £10 jackpot and 1 popeye.

#18 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:30 AM

There certainly is dx thanks to RB http://www.fruit-emu...popeye-1280-dx/
There was a £10 jckpot version made but they were few and far between same as the upgrades for hagar the horrible,i think i only seen about 3 of them with a £10 jackpot and 1 popeye.

Yeah that is the one I have downloaded-just a shame wth the £3 repeater-Interesting wth the £10 version-would be good if the £10 roms were available-love Hagar and Circus 2-got them both.
I still cant understand why Around the world in 80days by Jpm couldnt be emulated-the club version is but not the £6/£8 token version-Any one throw any light on this??? :unsure:

#19 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2010 - 10:40 AM

I still cant understand why Around the world in 80days by Jpm couldnt be emulated-the club version is but not the £6/£8 token version-Any one throw any light on this??? :unsure:

I'm not 100% but it maybe because it's a crystal game i remember the machine it's a great game,i think 3 globes used to pay jackpot.

#20 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 01:45 AM

If you could "throw a light on it", it would work. :D

We've got the roms, mate, but none of the lamps work on the emulator. Haven't got a clue why either. There shouldn't be any particular reason why it wouldn't work; it just doesn't.
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users