5 replies to this topic

#1 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:20 PM

Just a quick question,

My CrazyFruits (eclipse model) machine has doesnt play sound no more. The machine starts up fine, and gets through the ROM check and I have checked the wires and speakers, but still nothing, though, occasionally does play the odd sound and then stops.

Could this be the Scorpion 4 MPU board, or could it be the program card, that has the ROMs on it???

#2 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 07:45 PM

Just a quick question,

My CrazyFruits (eclipse model) machine has doesnt play sound no more. The machine starts up fine, and gets through the ROM check and I have checked the wires and speakers, but still nothing, though, occasionally does play the odd sound and then stops.

Could this be the Scorpion 4 MPU board, or could it be the program card, that has the ROMs on it???

More likley to be the board as its an intermittant fault. Its very unlikley to be the ROMs.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#3 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 07:49 PM

Just a quick question,

Could well be a dry joint on your board.
Had similar problems with party games and sounds more than likely it could be this.

#4 Taylor525

Taylor525

Owner and Parts Seller

• Regulars
  • 508 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 09:00 PM

Could well be a dry joint on your board.
Had similar problems with party games and sounds more than likely it could be this.

what did you do to fix the problem?

#5 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 06:11 PM

Edited by cardie, 23 May 2010 - 06:11 PM.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#6 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 25 May 2010 - 01:48 PM

Probably the Scorp 4 gamecard. Everything for the sound is on the gamecard. Get a replacement one (be careful which one as there are links on the gamecard for 4 or 8 meg ROMs) and try again. Also check the sound proms are in the right way around...if not they may not work anymore, and you may need replacements.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users