My Trip To Blackpool

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 fruitcrazy

fruitcrazy

• Banned
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 04:01 PM

Hello fellow Fruit-Emu members. I visited Blackpool on sunday only to have a really pants day. does anyone know what the deal is with the price of the (BIG ONE) Ride a tenner!!!

i didnt really get chance to hit many arcades and the missus was with me and she just moans and moans about being bored.

soooo im going to go there again tomoz with my m8. does anyone know of any decent arcades to go in. i know of corrol ireland and Mr T's and didnt really think much of them. dont get me wrong corrol ireland hand a good selection of machines but just didnt seem to have that many video based 5jp machines. (unless i just didnt see them)

anyways any suggestions would be greatly appriciated.

#2 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

Hello fellow Fruit-Emu members. I visited Blackpool on sunday only to have a really pants day. does anyone know what the deal is with the price of the (BIG ONE) Ride a tenner!!!

i didnt really get chance to hit many arcades and the missus was with me and she just moans and moans about being bored.

soooo im going to go there again tomoz with my m8. does anyone know of any decent arcades to go in. i know of corrol ireland and Mr T's and didnt really think much of them. dont get me wrong corrol ireland hand a good selection of machines but just didnt seem to have that many video based 5jp machines. (unless i just didnt see them)

Well coral island is part of the Noble org so if your playing the 30p/50p machines there noramlly set to 88/90% so thats proberbly the best percentages you'll get in blackpool.

#3 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

I live in Blackpool and to be honest all the arcades are getting worse. Not so long ago Coral Island was full of Crazy Fruits and Classic Deal or no Deal, now they have got rid of most of them, filled the arcade with all the new barcrest's and the old machines in the back room. Therefore I dont go in there anymore because its all crap. Mr T's is not too bad though I never seem to win much in there and there isnt many machines. There is an arcade called 'Pengiuns' and ive never been there but from most mates storys its pretty good but probably no bigger than the average front room. Hope this helps!

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#4 alexmortimer

alexmortimer

Gold Supporter

• New Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 09:41 PM

I love blackpool but used to like an arcade called funland i think it was, is it closed down though? seems to be closed everytime i go there???

had cheap cafe upstairs and bingo i think...

#5 fruitcrazy

fruitcrazy

• Banned
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

well i did play on the party times in correl ireland (25jp) and they just seemed to play absolute shite to how the ones play in my local town arcade.

i will just have a butchers around to see what i can find.

many thanks for your replies.

#6 levartemit186

levartemit186

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:26 AM

well i did play on the party times in correl ireland (25jp) and they just seemed to play absolute shite to how the ones play in my local town arcade.

i will just have a butchers around to see what i can find.

many thanks for your replies.

Come on...it is Coral Island! Sorry to be so precise about it but bad spelling and grammar, especially with such simple words, gets my goat!
Good news everyone, you have to play a chipped DOND!

#7 fruitcrazy

fruitcrazy

• Banned
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:19 AM

Come on...it is Coral Island! Sorry to be so precise about it but bad spelling and grammar, especially with such simple words, gets my goat!

IM SORRY, but i just type it so quick i dont even look! i will try and be correct in the future. lol

#8 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

I love blackpool but used to like an arcade called funland i think it was, is it closed down though? seems to be closed everytime i go there???

had cheap cafe upstairs and bingo i think...

Hi

Funland has been sold by the Noble Organisation and is now owned by Smiles for Miles Leisure who are I beleve based in the Skegness area, so it should now be open normal hours, I was in there last year shortly after thay took over, most of the Machines in there were ones that nobles had in there, and the upper floor was only partly open, and the cafe was closed, however now thay have had the winter season to get things together I would think that thay have improved things there.

Regards

Cliff C

#9 thegambler

thegambler

The Daddy

• Regulars
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 12:54 PM

The best thing to do is book online (blackpoolpleasurebeach.com) and get a wristband. During summer it's £25 pound for a day pass or £40 for a two day pass for unlimited rides all day. (as at time of writing, prices for July and August).

ps. must be booked at least 12 hours in advance.

As for arcades, there are a couple of small independent arcades on the seafront between south pier and the manchester pub. there is a nice little one on one of the corners (slots of fun ?) with old machines from m1a to mpu5 , that is worth checking out.

Will have a scout about next time I go home (propably July)and put up some arcades and locations on here...

#10 fruitcrazy

fruitcrazy

• Banned
  • 195 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:42 PM

The best thing to do is book online (blackpoolpleasurebeach.com) and get a wristband. During summer it's £25 pound for a day pass or £40 for a two day pass for unlimited rides all day. (as at time of writing, prices for July and August).

ps. must be booked at least 12 hours in advance.

As for arcades, there are a couple of small independent arcades on the seafront between south pier and the manchester pub. there is a nice little one on one of the corners (slots of fun ?) with old machines from m1a to mpu5 , that is worth checking out.

Will have a scout about next time I go home (propably July)and put up some arcades and locations on here...

cool thank you m8.

I did see funland open, but didnt go into it.

I had a go and a ride called sky walk, it gave me a massive rush lol..... iv uploaded it to youtube. under rush sky walk or sky walk. lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users