Photo
- - - - -

How Has What Was Once Such A Good Site Gone So Bad

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Poll: Old members opinion of the site and its over zealous admins. (27 member(s) have cast votes)

How do you feel FruitEmu rates now

1. Better than tte good old days (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Voted Worse than the good old days (17 votes [62.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 62.96%

3. Voted About the same (or I don't care) (10 votes [37.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 37.04%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 goosey36

goosey36

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:42 PM

Without wanting to be contentious I felt I have no choice but to make some comments most of the old members here have stated. This site used to be a thriving mecca of comment and fruit related interraction, however now seems taken over by a few school kids and a couple of admins who monitor out any comment that they don't agree with (I would give this topic an hour before they remove it "because they can"). Many people from the early days have moved on admittedly (although I would argue that many of them have moved on because sites like this have been so dumbed down). A few people seem to rehash old layouts which were already superbly done and then people who have no idea how to search for the previous versions say how wonderful they are. There were very many layouts which were done badly or had poor resources at the time they are done - perhaps you could work on those instead?

My main concern though is that a membership site is run by a couple of trigger happy admins who only allow comment they like and agree with, what do you think? I know many people will feel they cannot agree or comment due to the nature of the "gang" mentallity in here but try and have the strength ;-)

#42 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 07:49 PM

Hello all. Hmmm....Bit ironic people quoting admins or mods as being intolerant on this site...ha ha ha!!! Look at what happened to me over at FF. Intolerant? More like incontinent over there. Not surprised it's dying because for years it has been modded and staffed by people so far up their own fecking arse it was untrue. Everything bad about FME started over there (FACT!!!!). It's like the black plague. I don't know how people can criticise the mods over here though. Ady and Todd are top blokes whose only fault is getting rid of the trash posts and posters before it's too late. My own absence from the site (despite the new "layout") is more down to me trying to bring up my girlfriends family....and I'd suggest that some of you ought to grasp some responsibility and treat this as the hobby that it is and not life or death.

Ciao for now. :indifferent:

Edited by Gazeyre1966, 14 March 2010 - 07:50 PM.

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#43 syco

syco

Pretty basic.

• New Members
  • 131 posts

Donator

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:16 PM

Not commenting on anything or anyone specific; but if memory serves me correctly stuff like this generally starts when there's not much going on... Few tumble weeds here and there and people get talking, then bickering and well, I don't need to explain it as it's pretty obvious to see...

If someone isn't happy or doesn't like the way something or someone is; especially when it comes down to... a website... then creative feedback and decent suggestions to the relevant people, along with a little tolerance would probably help make the whole thing much nicer for everyone. What the place looks like doesn't mean jack; this place, the forums, are what really make sites like this what they are and it's such a shame to see people, who basically want the same thing getting into a mood over stuff that doesn't really matter. Smaller sites just won't have the heart/dedication/experience/etc etc that this one has in my opinion, so I'd say back the one that works, get behind it and work to make it better.... One big team... give and take....

That's just my 2¢ mind you.... :daydreaming:

#44 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 06:59 AM

There is a problem with the last two posts in:

A: in a perfect world none of us would ever need to bring up criticism etc. (however the commentary is born out by the poll so not sure where you think it's the same old people stirring- it seems to be a perception shared by a proportion).
B: I would not quote ady as being intollerant - the only mod on here who does them a diservice is tod. Plus I'm not sure why you are even comparing to Fruit Forums Gaz? (I am not aware anybody has mentioned it unless you are fixated by it?)
C: If members don't feed back their opinions sites like this would organically grow in a random directiontrue organic growth (or even work) can only be achieved through member feedback.
D: A large part of the reasoning behind "my" posts was my dissapointment that people can try to hijack members from the site to a similarly named one which would have never happened in the past (and dissent of that can be deleted for not obvious reason), the other reason being I wanted to do a poll to see how many people agreed that the sites quality/membership in general has deteriated - and they did.....
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#45 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 03:13 PM

D: A large part of the reasoning behind "my" posts was my dissapointment that people can try to hijack members from the site to a similarly named one which would have never happened in the past

as stated by bruce & tommy that is a temporary name

we are deciding on a new name as we speak and it will be changed by the end of the month i assume ;)

#46 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2010 - 08:19 PM

as stated by bruce & tommy that is a temporary name

we are deciding on a new name as we speak and it will be changed by the end of the month i assume ;)

I made some excellent suggestions earlier today, though they seem to have been sidelined :indifferent:

bj

EDIT - forget my suggestions - just seen Geddy's suggestion and fell off the chair laughing :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Edited by barcrest junky, 15 March 2010 - 08:28 PM.

#47 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2010 - 09:23 PM

I made some excellent suggestions earlier today, though they seem to have been sidelined :indifferent:

bj

EDIT - forget my suggestions - just seen Geddy's suggestion and fell off the chair laughing :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

Was quite funny bcj i couldn't help pissing my sides the guys class.

Edited by tommy c, 15 March 2010 - 09:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users