• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#1 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:28 AM

Hello all!

Been a bit busy getting everything together. The arcade is going well, everyone seems to like it.

I have been busy building my website, and although not quite there, i would like you guys to have a look and see if there are games you fancy emulating?

I can send as many photo's as you like.

The website is www.reelfruits.co.uk

I have already put a link in for the mecca, will do for this site too if that is ok, so please let me know if that is ok with the powers that be!

Any suggestions to the site let me know!

Many thanks to everyone who has shown support, i really do appreciate it.

ALL machines are available to dump roms from etc.

Many thanks,

Speak Soon,

Dave;)

#2 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

Had a look at your website the other day via a link off the mecca.With
the looks of things your in for quite a few regular customers once they've visited. i wish you good luck and hope you continue to do well,you deserve it for the simple fact of not being a greedy arcade owner all the best.

#3 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:19 AM

Very very nice Dave..i would think id died and gone to heaven if i walked into your arcade with a pocket full of nuggets. :D

Why oh why cant arcades have a good mix of class machines like these (for me) and all the other pish that seems to go into arcades these days lo-techs B3's etc.

One day soon hopefully ill make it down to your arcade.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#4 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 08:33 AM

Very very nice Dave..i would think id died and gone to heaven if i walked into your arcade with a pocket full of nuggets. :D

Why oh why cant arcades have a good mix of class machines like these (for me) and all the other pish that seems to go into arcades these days lo-techs B3's etc.

One day soon hopefully ill make it down to your arcade.

Hi

I would think that the main reason that there are more arcades like this is the lack of avilible machines to stock them with, the other being the lack of arcade owners with the sort of vision that Treasure has to see that what the majority of players want is amusment when thay play and not a machine that will take £10 or more quid off you in no time and offer no wins or features.

Regards

Cliff C

#5 £6 In Tokens

£6 In Tokens

AKA £9 In Vouchers

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2185 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:27 AM

The machines on there are incredible. Mouth watering selection, like in the bad ole days!!!

Every machine there has playability (the keyword). If I'm ever passing I pop in for a look.
"Stay Fit, Keep Sharp, Make Good Decisions"

#6 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:32 AM

Would it be a good idea to get a URL that sounds more like Mr P's? Thats the only thing I believe that needs improvement at the moment
I hope to make it down sometime in March providing that February's gambling goes ok lol.....I need to make £30 or so this month then it will make the trip to yours worth it, if I have some more nuggets

#7 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 01:53 PM

Stunning i have alot of them machines in my keep file that i play every week but that aint the same as having them there to play like some of the guys have said i wish you all the best mate and i hope you doing well will show other owners

#8 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:18 PM

Superb.Dam i wish you was only up the road all those Juicey Payout Machines (JPM). Impact and mps systems heres Daddy :).
.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#9 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 03:32 PM

Am I totally pissed off at bits I have just dumped in the past now!....good luck on future restore's.

I'd be like a young kid on Christmas day in there....and I will surely visit soon too!

Back on-topic, nice site and well layed out...user friendly....

#10 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 04:07 PM

Hi

I would think that the main reason that there are more arcades like this is the lack of avilible machines to stock them with, the other being the lack of arcade owners with the sort of vision that Treasure has to see that what the majority of players want is amusment when thay play and not a machine that will take £10 or more quid off you in no time and offer no wins or features.

Regards

Cliff C

True cliff..glad there are people like Dave still out there that know what owning an arcade of fun machines is all about.

Not thinking of expanding the empire are you TI like say...ermmm dunno say Glasgow ?? :)

#11 brucegeorge

brucegeorge

Layout Disasters

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1710 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 05:18 PM

Dave i hope you dont mind i added a post on this site Jackpottyforums with a link to your website i know alot of guys on there will wanna come to you and enjoy your machines

Best Wishes
;)

#12 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:56 PM

Have been over 2 ' Mr P's Classic Arcade ' twice now both times have been all good have had a few good runs on a few machines also, got £20 out of Hyper Viper also £25 out of Popeye Treasure Hunt & a few more, plus Daves a top geeza hes sorted me out a new board for me Bear Streak & sorting it out for me, worth making a trip 2 spend a few quid any day!! :cool:;)

#13 FRUITJUNKIE1971

FRUITJUNKIE1971

• Regulars
  • 213 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

Had a look at the site the other day, looks very good Treasure Island. :)

Hope to visit your arcade soon, and also I notice on your website you offer a service for the restoration of classic fruit machines. I got PCP's "What a carry on" fruit machine, it needs to be repaired so will be looking into this service with interest.
hello!

#14 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 10:36 PM

Dave, save my homework lol

Are you the same as the Dave who has the arcade on the IoW?

#15 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 12:24 AM

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS SO FAR!

In no certain order, just as i remember...

Ady, please dont tell me you chucked bits away!! lol:cry: Yes you are right its not easy keeping them going so restoring them is no easy task. I am the same on from IOW, i have basically moved it all over here.

Thank you for putting me on jackpotty! REALLY APPRECIATE IT!

What a carry on!! I sold one recently, yes be happy to help! Are you from IOS? I think we have spoken, briefly, over PM.

JPM = Juicy Payout Machines...ha ha ha:biglaugh: yes you are right, that is why i have them, all on good programs too, just added Ricochet to the collection.

Thanks for ALL the comments, if you come accross any bugs let me know, i have not finished yet, i want to add links to here, and other emu sites.

Also going to add my 'wanted' list up. There will be a link so people can submit there wanted list to me as i have a lot of trade contacts so you never know....on the lookout for a few for you guys as it is.

Super 7 will let you know when up, what a penalty (he he)! sorry couldn't resist!

Ady, if you ever come across any bits please think of me, will pay of course!!

Thanks all,

Hope i have not left anyone out!

Cheers Dave

#16 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 01:30 AM

Thanks all,

Hope i have not left anyone out!

Cheers Dave

Yeah....me !!!

Och..thats just fine that is..ill just go sit in the corner and be all un-loved by myself then. :sad:

#17 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:09 AM

i must try and visit some day would be like a walk back in time so many of my favorite machines in there,what a superb collection pat on the back to you sir :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

#18 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 03:47 PM

Penalty Dave?? Don't no what penalty your goin on about?? :lol:;)

#19 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:19 PM

Fantastic list of machines you have there, jeez it's like going back in time to the old skool days.
wish you every success with your new arcade dave.

#20 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:00 PM

May I just add a little real 'stick in the mud'

Ebay!!

It'll mean something to someone..........

Relistings a little clue ;)

Sold elswhere (it was won cheaply), hmmmmm ........ then Two days later relisted with a minimum of £60 more than the winning bid!....by the SAME SELLER

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users