• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:29 AM

Is there anybody on here that has the ability to create a custom chip to do what the customer wants on a machine ?

i would like to program a £25 jackpot mazooma to £70jp and also possibly program DOND or barcrests to say what ever message/greeting on the alpha in attract mode?

example - funland amusements welcome you to... etc.

#2 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:53 AM

It's certainly possible to hack in your own alpha messages, but as for JP / price of play hacks, you maybe at risk of some legal issues, with the new hacks not always being gaming board approved or come from the manus.

Best off asking over @ The Mecca about the hacks, and the possible legal issues you may face.

#3 levartemit186

levartemit186

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 02:59 AM

I doubt that a 25 pounder can be revised to 70. The change in paylists alone would be enormous! IMO it would require a complete rework of the software. As for greetings etc, I am sure that can be done tho there are far more knowledgeable people than me on here.
Good news everyone, you have to play a chipped DOND!

#4 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 12:41 PM

It is possible. There is a layout somewhere or other in FME land with hacked alphas, and there is a Party Games in Paignton that says Welcome to Paignton or something on the big TV when no one is up
Now if only I knew how to do it...

#5 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 01:50 PM

Its possible..... but... its would be very difficult, pretty sure most manufacturers protect their roms with a checksum... Its possible to hack earlier mpu4 empire roms because they weren't protected, could change the alpha etc.

J

#6 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 03:20 PM

I would say changing jackpots higher than what its programmed to do; you would have to completley re design the gameplay of the machine. Doing your own alpha messages is a piece of piss.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#7 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:30 PM

I would say changing jackpots higher than what its programmed to do; you would have to completley re design the gameplay of the machine. Doing your own alpha messages is a piece of piss.

You'd have to find the actual bytes in the code that store the stake/prize value first... and thats no easy task. I painstakingly hacked one of my BWB vid machine mpu4 roms to pay £6 tokens and £3 cash jackpot using a hex editor. These rom images have little protection but it was still a time consuming task. LOL At one point I had 25 blank 27c512 roms. I guess its even possible to convert mine to £35 jackpot.... Theres a thought.

J

#8 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 04:51 PM

i guess your right about the alpha, ive seen brewerys and arcades with their own unique messages.

i want to upgrade a 4-player monopoly with plasma tv. a fantastic machine that is somewhat time warped on £25 jackpot. its a great show piece that unfortunately is fit for the bin unless a rechip is made (to which their are no plans to).

#9 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:08 PM

i guess your right about the alpha, ive seen brewerys and arcades with their own unique messages.

i want to upgrade a 4-player monopoly with plasma tv. a fantastic machine that is somewhat time warped on £25 jackpot. its a great show piece that unfortunately is fit for the bin unless a rechip is made (to which their are no plans to).

if its fit for the binthen would it be for sale?

i know someone who is interested in buying one, missed out on the one on ebay about a month or 2 ago

#10 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 05:30 PM

Its possible..... but... its would be very difficult, pretty sure most manufacturers protect their roms with a checksum... Its possible to hack earlier mpu4 empire roms because they weren't protected, could change the alpha etc.

J

Like this :D

Attached Files

• Attached File  oyt.jpg   161.53KB   47 downloads

Posted Image

#11 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:10 PM

LOL yes a little like that. :)

J

#12 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 06 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

I'd advise you to post this over at the mecca. The guys over there really know there stuff. Its an interesting concept. I wouldn't know where to start with SC4 roms, surely if they where that easy to hack, the protection security protection could be hacked out. Its worth trying some mods via the emulator I guess.

J

#13 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 07 January 2010 - 01:23 AM

Like this :D

Thats class !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users