Classic Arcade <<<NOW OPEN>>>

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 FRUITJUNKIE1971

FRUITJUNKIE1971

• Regulars
  • 213 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

Hope the arcade is a huge success for you Dave.
Luckily I live in Kent so will be able to visit hopefully soon!

All the best!
hello!

#22 Fruity_Goodness

Fruity_Goodness

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 236 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:03 PM

Yeah, good luck fella. Anyone who opens an arcade with the good ol' classics deserves lottery cash or a government grant. All these arcades full of horrific OXO granny machines and FOBT cnut-in-a-box machines make me puke.
He who wrestles with a turd will be beshitted whether he fall under it or over it.

#23 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 08:39 PM

Went 2 Dave's arcade 2day played a few machines i have not played for real in years & i mean years!! such as Happy Hour, Andys Great Escape, The 1st Simpsons, Big Breakfast, etc, etc. Plus a few i have never played b4 such as Prize Eastenders, etc, Its a top arcade plus dave makes u feel welcome also he had a look at my Bear Streak board & found the problem, also u get great game play for your money!! Trust me u gotta go 2 this place, kool!! ;)

#24 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 09:06 PM

Went 2 Dave's arcade 2day played a few machines i have not played for real in years & i mean years!! such as Happy Hour, Andys Great Escape, The 1st Simpsons, Big Breakfast, etc, etc. Plus a few i have never played b4 such as Prize Eastenders, etc, Its a top arcade plus dave makes u feel welcome also he had a look at my Bear Streak board & found the problem, also u get great game play for your money!! Trust me u gotta go 2 this place, kool!! ;)

was the arcade busy or did he close it because he knew u was visiting? :)

#25 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:45 PM

was the arcade busy or did he close it because he knew u was visiting? :)

Nah it was empty but its only bin open since wednesday so i guess things have got 2 pick up plus its winter but as i said its a top arcade!! :cool:

#26 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 10:55 PM

Nah it was empty but its only bin open since wednesday so i guess things have got 2 pick up plus its winter but as i said its a top arcade!! :cool:

true m8 i wish Dave all the best in his new venture, but tbh i won't be visiting as gravesend is way to far for me, and with you saying about winter m8 my m8 who owns an arcade in bridlington takes better income in the winter than what he does in the summer months. thank gawd for loyal locals :)

#27 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:41 PM

which arcade in brid does he own?

#28 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 11:50 PM

which arcade in brid does he own?

ROXY AMEUSMENTS on quey road.

he is a member on here by the way lol ;)

#29 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:17 AM

Thanks for EVERYONES comments!

Super 7 im glad you enjoyed yourself, i will keep you posted on the project board!

Its been fairly busy in the mornings, busier than i expected due to my advertising not running until next week...to be honest i never thought i would open...problem after problem!!

Does anyone know what sleep is like...i have forgotten! Its 3.30 am and i have just gone through 14 m1a / m1b Maygay boards:arghh:

I will post some pics, will upload pics to my website this week too. Most of the machines have a bizarre way of where they come from and the work involved in getting them going!

Im very pleased that every person that has come in has made the effort to say goodbye to me, and have lasted well with their money. Im used to people walking out of arcades in disgust (i know i normally do)!

Lets see, its a tough climate, i need a lot of footfall to make it work as everything is on GOOD percentages, and, in my opinion, they are all well programmed fair machines.

As for Roxy's, i agree, he does do well in the winter, i used to love playing his classics, i think it was when the previous people owned it though. I met him earlier in the year, with his friend Paul, he is a nice guy.

Anyway, i will keep you ALL posted.

In the meantime, a BIG THANK YOU to everyone for all your support!

Speak soon, Dave.;)

#30 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 10:27 AM

erm....i'm not to sure which paul you mean as there are 2 that i know off, there is a paul that owns the building (roxy is rented) and the other paul i know has just purchased an arcade in hull and is also in the process of buying an arcade in worksop, the previous tenant of roxy was called richard he left and my m8 took over the renting of roxy. richard who rented roxy opened an arcade in worksop he's now left there and paul who's got the arcade in hull has now got the arcade in worksop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users