• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Matt1975

Matt1975

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:12 PM

All other coins work except the £1 coins. Very rarely a few pound coins register the rest of the time no luck.

Anyone know what the problem is?

#2 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:35 PM

You've probably already done this but, have you tried cleaning the coin mech?

#3 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 02:43 PM

All other coins work except the £1 coins. Very rarely a few pound coins register the rest of the time no luck.

your coin mech will need re-validating (reprogrammed) as it only accepts certain £ coins

#4 amd512

amd512

• New Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 09:29 AM

Hi Mate,

Can you look at the info label on the mech there should be a currency ID

#5 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hi Mate,

do u care to explain abit more?

why would he look at the label I.D?

if its only accepting a select few nuggets then he should take note from my prior post.

#6 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 07:44 PM

Hi Mate,

dont see what that would have to do with the machine not accepting coins very well.

maybe if it was an older coin mech that didn't accept 5ps or £2 coins.

baz

#7 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:50 PM

Talking of re-validation of coin mechs, anyone here offer the service, or knows of someone who offers such a service, at a good price?

Got a 126 (I think), that could use with looking at....... tends to not like new coins much (Currently fitted to the JPM GUAB, and able to accept 5p's and £2 coins)), yet on my Barcrest SBJC, never a problem, though it will only take 10p, 20p, 50p, and £1 coins, unlike the previous one.

Cleaned everything, and the normal stuff you would expect on a validator, so now looking at a poss re-calibration.

Another idea I have is, there is a validator on the market you teach yourself, and calibrate yourself, which I would be interested in looking to get, if re-calibration of my old mech is a no-go, and if it would obviously fit, with little modification.

Question is, though I have seen it mentioned on The Mecca a few times, I'm f***ed if I can remember the make / model number.

Any ideas?

#8 wildcat

wildcat

• Regulars
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 October 2009 - 05:53 PM

if you get no joy getting this fixed, have a look on ebay, my mech on my wildcat fruit died and i managed to get a mars 126 off there, i also had one sent to me from alex at aaamusements.co.uk (i kept the one off ebay as a spare), i think it was only £19. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users