• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 iceman89610

iceman89610

• New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:34 PM

Hi everyone,

i have a lot of freetime on my hands at the moment and I have always wanted to create a fruit machine game (nothing special and not like whats been done here) but i haven't got a clue where to start.

Is there special tools/programs i need to do this and is there a guide that perhaps could help me with this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

#2 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:37 PM

Are you looking to create your own simulation of a machine, i.e. a machine with features and reels that you have made up yourself, or a proper emulation of a machine in the wild, using roms and artwork that can be found down your local arcade?

#3 iceman89610

iceman89610

• New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:44 PM

it would be a machine that i make up as i go along (can this be done?) I don't think it would be anywhere near as good as the one i have seen here and played (they are great) but i would like to atleast try.

#4 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 03:52 PM

It is possible to code your own machine in various programming languages.

However for simplicity, I suggest you wait for Stiffeck, which is a fruit machine simulator development environment. If the information so far proves to be correct, you will be able to design your own fruit machines to your own specifications and it will be done in a similar way to MFME/JPeMu emulator tools. i.e. you will not have to code anything, just select options and set parameters.

Stiffeck is currently under development by Stiffy, there are a few threads about it at Poundrun.

Hope this helps

#5 iceman89610

iceman89610

• New Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 10 July 2003 - 09:11 PM

Ok, have looked at the poundrun forum you was talking about and yes, that program looks to be the sort of thing i would be interested (for simplicities sake as i have no programming knowledge)........

I have read all the information but does anyone have any ideas when its gonna be released????

Thanks

#6 JustInfo

JustInfo

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 233 posts

Posted 11 July 2003 - 10:17 AM

It is currently under development and quite advanced, so I would think sooner rather than later (barring any "scene incident" that changes the authors mind)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users