£167 pound nightmare horror story

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 gegriffi11

gegriffi11

• New Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 10:39 PM

Thank you guys for all the advice, i will start this weekend by walking straight by the bookies and my local, it can be done as i gave up smoking without a patch or any other assistance, its all in the mind its all down to willpower, i know this and i have to be strong and focus on whats important. Before anything though i would like to address the posts by Mr House, i appriciate the advice you are offering, and i also truly value it, but i feel you are wrong to discard the amount that i gambled, yes i am aware that it might not be alot to some as i mentioned in my first post, but it is all relevant £167 is a hell of alot to me, the same as £20 might mean the world to some, but if it means that i give up gambling because of that loss then i shall be a happy man. Sometimes the warning signs come early and that is how i shall take this. God bless all of you guys and thank you once again!

#22 rizzla37

rizzla37

• New Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 12:02 AM

Thank you guys for all the advice, i will start this weekend by walking straight by the bookies and my local, it can be done as i gave up smoking without a patch or any other assistance, its all in the mind its all down to willpower, i know this and i have to be strong and focus on whats important. Before anything though i would like to address the posts by Mr House, i appriciate the advice you are offering, and i also truly value it, but i feel you are wrong to discard the amount that i gambled, yes i am aware that it might not be alot to some as i mentioned in my first post, but it is all relevant £167 is a hell of alot to me, the same as £20 might mean the world to some, but if it means that i give up gambling because of that loss then i shall be a happy man. Sometimes the warning signs come early and that is how i shall take this. God bless all of you guys and thank you once again!

Good luck and all the best

#23 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 16 September 2009 - 04:33 PM

Good luck with this. You can do it, I did and I have zero willpower. I was gambling almost all my money away and living on almost nothing. In the end i just took £3 with me when I went to work and left my cash card at home so i couldn't gamble if i wanted to. Now I play for fun I still lose a small amount but no where near what I used too.

#24 jst23

jst23

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 10:57 AM

I too have been in a similar situation, a self exlusion is a good option, but the number 1 rule is, play £10/20 MAX!! and if you dont get on the board (i know its hard) WALK AWAY!! trust me man you dont want to be in this situation again do you?

Regards Jst23

#25 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 04:10 PM

"...prove to yourself when you think your cured by popping in a £1 and just walking away without pushing the button."

Actually, I think this is something that really would prove you'd cracked it. Not 100% sure I could do this, even now (and its been years since I played in any meaningful way)...

#26 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 09 November 2009 - 07:43 PM

GamCare, gambling addiction, gambling problems help, support and advice Ring them ASAP....

Come on mate you have a family to look after and your pissing this away .... not really anymore for me to say anything but you need help badly .... nothing to be ashamed of its an 'addiction'. Seriously get this sorted before you piss your life away. I know a few people within the blackpool area and ive seen this happen and its not nice.

As said before in this thread ask the person in the arcade to ban you, im sure they get it all the time. Give gamcare a ring before its too late.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users