• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

#1 SUPER7

SUPER7

Shouldn't Fruit Machines Payout Fruit??

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 08:12 PM

Just wondering if any 1 knows any thing about that classic arcade which was opening in Kent?? (The bloke who put the list of machines on here) I remember he said it was going 2 open in a few weeks but nothing has been said about the place?? Dose any 1 no any thing about it?? :err:

#2 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 09:09 AM

Just wondering if any 1 knows any thing about that classic arcade which was opening in Kent?? (The bloke who put the list of machines on here) I remember he said it was going 2 open in a few weeks but nothing has been said about the place?? Dose any 1 no any thing about it?? :err:

are you refering to treasure island?

maybe some work needs to be carried out on some of the classic machines which is caursing a delay or the premises is in the process of a lick of paint.

given time am sure it'll be open very soon

#3 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 September 2009 - 10:30 PM

God i wish there was an arcade near me that had all classics i have to go to wales now if i want a bash on the mpu3, mps system 80 and sp'ace machines. Not good as i only go there when we go to the family visiting.

#4 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:23 AM

God i wish there was an arcade near me that had all classics i have to go to wales now if i want a bash on the mpu3, mps system 80 and sp'ace machines. Not good as i only go there when we go to the family visiting.

Hi Tommy

And where in Wales are all of these classic machine tell us all so we can have a mass invasion of welsh amusement arcades and have some classic hammering.

Cliff C

#5 SUPER7

SUPER7

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

My local at the moment has all the token jackpots still like Grand National, Popeye, etc. Its just that arcade what was gonna open?? had some real classics, also i have not played a token Hyper Viper or Andys Great Escape 4 a while!!

#6 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

Hi Tommy

And where in Wales are all of these classic machine tell us all so we can have a mass invasion of welsh amusement arcades and have some classic hammering.

Cliff C

It's in the town centre were the row of em is the arcades called verns amusements.It's abit run down looking but that makes no differance to me when i go inside and see the machines he has.

#7 Andy2003

Andy2003

Fruity Veteran-ish

• Regulars
  • 249 posts

Donator

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:52 PM

I think the treasure island guy was having a conflict with leasing the premises as i think the owners were trying it on? saying that the market was picking up so might have to charge more rent!! but i'm sure it'll be sorted now!

Can't wait for this still though.

#8 >_>

>_>

Shifty

• New Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 03:59 PM

I know the street it is on and go down it every day on my way to work. There are quite a few places being revamped up there so its hard to tell what one it is, but as soon as i know where it is and when it opens i will post..

He did give me his phone number but i dont really want to bother him.

#9 SUPER7

SUPER7

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 07:18 PM

I know the street it is on and go down it every day on my way to work. There are quite a few places being revamped up there so its hard to tell what one it is, but as soon as i know where it is and when it opens i will post..

He did give me his phone number but i dont really want to bother him.

Keep me posted m8, up 4 having a play in there when or if it opens. ;)

#10 >_>

>_>

Shifty

• New Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 02:30 PM

Just walked past it on my way home, its where the old internet cafe used to be right at the bottom of the high street. I was going to ask when it was open, but they were quite busy moving machines about.

Edit: put this in google maps, it will show you right where it is.. 51.444621,0.369531

Edited by >_>, 24 September 2009 - 02:35 PM.

#11 SUPER7

SUPER7

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 06:10 PM

Just walked past it on my way home, its where the old internet cafe used to be right at the bottom of the high street. I was going to ask when it was open, but they were quite busy moving machines about.

Edit: put this in google maps, it will show you right where it is.. 51.444621,0.369531

Cheers 4 posting the info m8, please let me no as soon as it opens & i will be making a trip down there!! Thanks in advance. ;)

#12 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 10:44 PM

Hi!

SORRY people! VERY delayed!:o

First the owners were being sneaky with the lease...then the sparky was ill...then i had issues with the flooring....nightmare

BUT...

Its getting close...possibly this coming Saturday...will know on Monday.

I have a lot of machines to workshop, many many issues and machines awaiting boards.

Im also SOOOOOOOOOO tempted by the line up on ebay!:undecided:

I will be arranging for the signage to be put into place next week, then i need to tie up all the loose ends.

I may push the opening to the Monday to iron out any probs over the week for a grand opening on the following Saturday.

I will post a FINAL list shortly, but i am like a headless chicken at the mo!

The machines are mostly in the arcade but some mpu5 stuff needs to come out and some others need to go to the arcade. My second screenplay is in the local TV repair shop near shorne as the monitor has gone, so he wanted the WHOLE machine (all 140kg of it!). Nightmare!

Its all coming together...slowly. I will be around most of the week, anyone about can feel free to pop in. I gave 'shifty' my number and im never too busy to talk machines!

Its going to be £5 free plays (for the first £5 spent) EVERYDAY as a opening promo.;)

I need to get a painter and decorator to do the front of the shop....so if anyone knows anyone???!!

I really appreciate all of the support guys, i look forward to meeting everyone.

The arcade will be called : Mr P's Classic Amusements

The slogan : Putting the FUN back into machines!

Remember the good fun of yesterday...

The skill climbs...invincible boards...the stop n steps..the 20 for bull...hidden nudge ups...barcodes...swap holds...numbering...roll up roll up...number runner...boxed wins...cashpots...its all there!

I will answer all Q's so please keep them coming! See you all soon!:cool:

#13 SUPER7

SUPER7

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 12:09 AM

Hi!

First the owners were being sneaky with the lease...then the sparky was ill...then i had issues with the flooring....nightmare

BUT...

I have a lot of machines to workshop, many many issues and machines awaiting boards.

I will be arranging for the signage to be put into place next week, then i need to tie up all the loose ends.

I may push the opening to the Monday to iron out any probs over the week for a grand opening on the following Saturday.

The machines are mostly in the arcade but some mpu5 stuff needs to come out and some others need to go to the arcade. My second screenplay is in the local TV repair shop near shorne as the monitor has gone, so he wanted the WHOLE machine (all 140kg of it!). Nightmare!

Its all coming together...slowly. I will be around most of the week, anyone about can feel free to pop in. I gave 'shifty' my number and im never too busy to talk machines!

Its going to be £5 free plays (for the first £5 spent) EVERYDAY as a opening promo.;)

I need to get a painter and decorator to do the front of the shop....so if anyone knows anyone???!!

I really appreciate all of the support guys, i look forward to meeting everyone.

The skill climbs...invincible boards...the stop n steps..the 20 for bull...hidden nudge ups...barcodes...swap holds...numbering...roll up roll up...number runner...boxed wins...cashpots...its all there!

Sounds kool m8!! Let me no a few days b4 what weekend u are gonna open doors!! Thanks. ;)

#14 ziggy

ziggy

• Regulars
  • 662 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 01:28 AM

Hi!

BUT...

Gotta have a Line up surely everyone loves a line up ?

#15 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:02 AM

Hi!

BUT...

i wish you all the very best and much success in your venture.

:)

#16 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 27 September 2009 - 09:21 AM

I still remember when I was bumped on ebay when I almost won a machine with no starting bid from someone with a VERY similar name :yes:

As I almost won it cheap and it had a massive bid at the last minute.....then alas reposted the next week with an £80 start....hmmmmmmm :undecided:

Not that i'm suggeting anything like! :yes:

#17 treasure island

treasure island

• Regulars
  • 175 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:10 PM

I still remember when I was bumped on ebay when I almost won a machine with no starting bid from someone with a VERY similar name :yes:

As I almost won it cheap and it had a massive bid at the last minute.....then alas reposted the next week with an £80 start....hmmmmmmm :undecided:

Not that i'm suggeting anything like! :yes:

:arghh:

Do you know this is the SECOND time you have 'suggested' something to do with ebay.

I have already ANSWERED your question, and im sorry but i didnt know what you were talking about then, and i certainly do not now.

A friend told me that everyone on here were nice people etc, and most are.

That is why i gathered the 'bucket of roms' and gave them to TTX to get onto here.

I do not know how this site operates, but i see your 'staff'.

So i think that if i am going to be confused or accused of any wrong doing or 'ebay' phantom occurances i will take all of my resources elsewhere.

As a keen supporter of classic games and being the most honest person you will meet makes me quite insulted that you could possibly connect me or any other to whatever your talking about on bids or ebay items.

If anyone wants my any resources im very happy to help as you guys are stars....

But this is now the second bout of insults to me for some BIZARRE reason, perhaps its now time for me to take a bow and go elsewhere...

im still please the roms were uploaded though, glad i could help some people.

All the best.

Dave :sad:

#18 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 11:31 PM

As a keen supporter of classic games and being the most honest person you will meet makes me quite insulted that you could possibly connect me or any other to whatever your talking about on bids or ebay items.

If anyone wants my any resources im very happy to help as you guys are stars....

But this is now the second bout of insults to me for some BIZARRE reason, perhaps its now time for me to take a bow and go elsewhere...

All the best.

would be a shame not to see you around much, we've lost a few good people this year and we woiudnt like to lose anymore

as for ebay, there are people who just sit there waiting for the timer to go down then just place a massive bid higher than they'd be expecting to pay for it, just to make sure they get it

its happened to me.... and my items >=):D

and one of the members who took a dig at you last time is no longer among us, so thats one less person to trouble you :thumbs_up:

good luck with the arcade

if im ever down the area i'll be sure to nip in

edit: reread that thread about the captain scarlet machine, sat here chuckling to myself :lol:

http://www.fruit-emu...rare-panda.html

#19 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 02:32 PM

:arghh:

Do you know this is the SECOND time you have 'suggested' something to do with ebay.

I have already ANSWERED your question, and im sorry but i didnt know what you were talking about then, and i certainly do not now.

A friend told me that everyone on here were nice people etc, and most are.

That is why i gathered the 'bucket of roms' and gave them to TTX to get onto here.

I do not know how this site operates, but i see your 'staff'.

So i think that if i am going to be confused or accused of any wrong doing or 'ebay' phantom occurances i will take all of my resources elsewhere.

All the best.

don't be like that Dave i'm sure he mean't no harm. i for 1 like many others on here thank you for your kind donation of resources, its very much appriciated by many many members

#20 SUPER7

SUPER7

• Regulars
  • 642 posts

Posted 29 September 2009 - 06:11 PM

Try not 2 let the ebay thing pi$$ u off!! U still gotta put the new list on here & opening times, day, etc. Looking forward to having a classic nudge!! ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users