how did you start slotting

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 illusions

illusions

• New Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

My first encounter was back in the early 80s when the zx spectrum released a game called cash bash although you didnt use real money, the adrenaline was a massive aww, which i thought id get by playing paid fruitmachines the lights flickering and the chance of winning big (£5) i think i was then only cost 10p a play and soon enough when i realised that the spectrum adrenaline was nothing like the real thing i was losing money every week, working overtime was a god send cos it meant i had extra to play with. looking back at it now whilst all my mates had bought their own houses with money they had saved i had nothing to show,,,

#22 nick_uk_911

nick_uk_911

The Flaming Moron

• Regulars
  • 221 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 01:31 AM

I was about 10 or 11 years old, when my parents went to this big store there was a JPM Monopoly 30p/£15 Jaackpot and i wanted to play it, i asked my mum for a couple quid to get a bag of chips but stuck it in Monopoly and got a Jackpot!
I often wish i just lost that £2 as the frutties became very addictive in my teens

#23 tigerboytony11

tigerboytony11

• Regulars
  • 131 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 11:59 AM

I started slotting from the age of about 7. Every year, we would go to Highfield Holiday Park, Clacton-On-Sea, and every year they had the same machines, but in them days they were easier to play, you had a good run for your money, and in them days where I was only allowed £1.50 per evening, and that had to last me all night, putting 10p in, and winnig a £2 Jackpot for me was absolute heaven lol :)

I grew up in the Eachway Shuffle, Eachway Nudger era. They were the best machines to play, and there were loads of them scattered around in Highfield, and down on Clacton sea front in Magic City. From the age of about 12 upwards, Maygay started to produce the machines, and used classic sounds from TV Programmes, and pop songs. Highfield changed a few of the machines and bought the Maygay ones, but Clacton sea front went mad and bought them all, and completely changed the amusement world. I know other seafronts probably followed the same procedure but that was the one where I first played the classics such as Pink Panther, Cluedo, Coronation Street, Eastenders, Italian Job, Monopoly, Fight Night, Simpsons, Inferno, Only Fools, to name just a few.

Over the years, Bell Fruit, Red and Barcrest produced much higher stake machines, and bigger themes such as DOND, and Crazy Fruits. and gradually all the classics disappeared, and I would love to see some of them again. The only place I have seen them all grouped together is Mr P's Classic Amusements. Always loved playing the machines, and now proudly own 4 of my own, which are my pride and joy :)

#24 topshaun

topshaun

• New Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 04:45 PM

i started in the 70`s with the arcades in Brid- on the 1ps by bell fruit etc, then progressed to a local arcade in doncaster, Eachway Nudger then the one that got me hooked-Nudge Double Up Deluxe MK1(still one of the best ever, then the other SRU`s, they could take,but wow, wish they were still here !then the MPU2 and 3`s from Brcarest ,Hilights,Line Up,Snappy Viper and the vile Chances Unlimited that never piad out. Then it was Action Note/Swapanote,Loadsamoney. Projects 7th Heaven and JACKPOTS 7`S AND FINALLY Partytime (1st version), then-stop-the manufacturers lost the plot! Sticking with Fme! Brig back the 1980`S !

#25 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:39 PM

My first encounter was back in the early 80s when the zx spectrum released a game called cash bash although you didnt use real money, the adrenaline was a massive aww, which i thought id get by playing paid fruitmachines the lights flickering and the chance of winning big (£5) i think i was then only cost 10p a play and soon enough when i realised that the spectrum adrenaline was nothing like the real thing i was losing money every week, working overtime was a god send cos it meant i had extra to play with. looking back at it now whilst all my mates had bought their own houses with money they had saved i had nothing to show,,,

Loved this game on the C64 also , and the follow up Fruit Sim 2. :)

I had to have a shot cos you mentioned it...
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#26 cashbox1

cashbox1

The furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2553 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

silver ghost and razzle dazzle were my downfall, i used to empty the razzle dazzle of all its tokens,then run them over to the SG because it was a good machine for turning tokens into cash :D

Loved this game on the C64 also , and the follow up Fruit Sim 2. :)

I had to have a shot cos you mentioned it...

there you go Todd- it could be your first DX mate ;) :D

Edited by cashbox1, 16 October 2012 - 05:59 PM.

Einstein`s theory of FME 90 downloads = 3 thanks

#27 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

silver ghost and razzle dazzle were my downfall, i used to empty the razzle dazzle of all its tokens,then run them over to the SG because it was a good machine for turning tokens into cash :D

there you go Todd- it could be your first DX mate ;) :D

I used to use Fruit Snappa as my token to cash converting machine. On the plus side you occasionally scored more tokens too.

bj

#28 saynowt

saynowt

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 473 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 06:20 AM

i used to spend my tokens on tabs what was it again?????ahhh yes 6 20p tokens and get 20 regal kingsize oh boy those were the days.....or where they????...oh and my first machine was nudge double up, had 10p change from summit i bought in cafe stuck it in got jackpot £2 the rest is history took me a good 15 ish years to crack the habit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users