• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 07:47 AM

Hiya guy's....another 'please help me' thread, though this One does say please lol

I have a CCF and for no reason I got a reel 25 error all of a sudden...

So far I checked the connections and I swapped reel 5 and 4 around, that still gave me a 25 error (not sure if a 12/16 step reel can be swapped though).....

I unplugged all the reels........on rebooting I got a reel 21 error come on, plugged that in and I got a reel 22 and so on...then I got to the feature reel and it froze on 25.

On the PCB there are 4 Green lights, all Four are stable and the opto LED looks ok too as when it passes the LED goes out.

Please please please any ideas?.............I see there's a PCB on Ebay atm, possibly the problem?

Cheers fellas

Ady

#2 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:48 AM

Could it not just be a damaged wire that goes to that particular reel? i found it says Reel 5 Opto Check Error.:huh:

Edited by hurricane, 14 August 2009 - 08:57 AM.

#3 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:58 AM

Could it not just be a damaged wire that goes to that particular reel?:huh:

Possibly I suppose after reading older thread hurri, but i'm mythed as the machine wasn't moved, though I suppose as the reels vibrate while they run could weaken a wire.

I was asking now as mentioned there is a PCB for sale and if that could be a big mabey?

#4 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 01:52 PM

Sorry to bump but I am *desperate guy's.....

*Think I could have worded that better :biglaugh:

#5 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:16 PM

a strange one this

you could just simply unplug the game card and put it back in again as what ever you do it seems to come up ....

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#6 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 03:19 PM

a strange one this

you could just simply unplug the game card and put it back in again as what ever you do it seems to come up ....

Yeah that may sound silly.....but I got this machine for a Tenner not working and it was that the Gamecard was un-bedded....

Not at home right now Cardie, and something I actually haven't tried...........I will do though matie as its well worth a try and I hadn't even thought of giving it a try....we never know!---thanks

#7 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 05:34 PM

Bump :) .............. only as all the Engineers are home from work now ;)

#8 fruitman69

fruitman69

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

Hi,
definately worth checking the crimping as well with a tool or failing that a very small driver push each wire down on each wire they are always a pain on bell fruits.
Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook....131728946893342
www.reelsoffun.co.uk

#9 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:25 PM

Hi,
definately worth checking the crimping as well with a tool or failing that a very small driver push each wire down on each wire they are always a pain on bell fruits.

i second this!!

loads of feature reels on bellfruits have crap crimping on the actual reel plug end.

baz

#10 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 08:44 PM

Hi,

i second this!!

loads of feature reels on bellfruits have crap crimping on the actual reel plug end.

baz

Thanks gents.....have had a beer so I won't mess atm, i'll try tomorrow...

Replies appriciated.

#11 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:45 PM

Sorry to bring an old thread back to life but I still have the problem :yes:

I took all the connections out last night and replaced securely, with a screwdriver designed for glasses I made sure (as well as I can) that all the wires into the connector was secure.

If I put all 5 reels so the opto makes the LED go out I get a Reel One error, move that reel and reset I get a Reel 2 error and so on.....get to Reel 5 and it sticks on that message.

To go back, I have tried the connectors (which MUST be the problem!) swapped reels around and resat the game card.

The machine checks ROM, sounds then just freezes....all reel LED's respond to the 'tab'

Please has anyone got a quick fix...please

Attached Files

#12 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 04:55 PM

Looks like a new reel sensor is needed, Ive broke one before and cant remember how. There should be a part number on the black tab sensor (should be made by OMERON), I got mine of a friend at a local arcade, Baz on the other hand should be able to get hold of one :D

Have you tried adjusting the reels position in the case that holds the motor? Just that 1mm differance will cause the machine to think the reel is too big/too small.

Sorry Misread it, I no the reel opto sensor should have 3 wires, (positive negative and one for a signal) try putting a reel tab sensor on a different reel?

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#13 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 05:09 PM

To go back, I have tried the connectors (which MUST be the problem!) swapped reels around

Have you tried adjusting the reels position in the case that holds the motor? Just that 1mm differance will cause the machine to think the reel is too big/too small.

Sorry Misread it, I no the reel opto sensor should have 3 wires, (positive negative and one for a signal) try putting a reel tab sensor on a different reel?

Ta for the reply Cardie.

Excuse my ignorance, but as a test does that mean I can't just swap a 16 step reel (fruits) with the 12 step feature One?

I know in an emulator the steps need to be altered, but I presumed that was somewhere within the PCB?....

#14 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:09 PM

Ta for the reply Cardie.

Excuse my ignorance, but as a test does that mean I can't just swap a 16 step reel (fruits) with the 12 step feature One?

I know in an emulator the steps need to be altered, but I presumed that was somewhere within the PCB?....

The reels, I dont no on this specific machine but you should be able to, most companys just use the same reel motor as it would be confusing if one was to be different unless it was for a specific reason ( like a reel with 4 symbols for instance ). The only problems it could be is
The motor (unlikley and you would probably tell by its movement)
Loom
Wiring Board of on the tab sensor.

I wouldnt think it would be a Board problem as to my knowlage Scorp4s Dont have external reel driver PCBs like MPU5 and 4 do.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

#15 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 06:27 PM

The reels, I dont no on this specific machine but you should be able to, most companys just use the same reel motor as it would be confusing if one was to be different unless it was for a specific reason ( like a reel with 4 symbols for instance ). The only problems it could be is
The motor (unlikley and you would probably tell by its movement)
Loom
Wiring Board of on the tab sensor.

I wouldnt think it would be a Board problem as to my knowlage Scorp4s Dont have external reel driver PCBs like MPU5 and 4 do.

lol........whoosh right over my head...

I think I need to check the motors (labels on them) are the same? (Four reels and the single feature reel)...

Not a single reel initiates though....

I can see a Scanned DX coming on here...though theres some good Ones already lol...Love it and for Once really want to suss the problem.

#16 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:07 PM

follow the wiring loom back to the mpu and check to see if the plug on the mpu hasnt got ant bad crimping on it.

am i right in saying that you are getting faults with all reels?

baz

#17 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 09:26 PM

follow the wiring loom back to the mpu and check to see if the plug on the mpu hasnt got ant bad crimping on it.

am i right in saying that you are getting faults with all reels?

baz

Just reel 5 Baz.....(I think??)

I turn reels 1 2 3 4 and 5 until the LED goes out and reboot it gives reel 1 error 21

I move reel 1 so the LED is lit (leaving 2 3 4 and 5 unlit (opto blocking the light)) and I get reel 2 error 22 and so on.

Finally all 5 reel's LED's are lit, but I still get a reel 5 error 25 showing.

On booting the machine okays the ROM and Sounds but then freezes, the reels don't budge a millimeter.

#18 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

thats a weird one.

i think it may be down to the machine not finding all the reels which goes back to the crimping of wires on all the connections inc the one on the mpu.

if thats ok then a replacement scorp board may be needed or a replacement reel.

baz

#19 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 22 January 2010 - 07:21 PM

thats a weird one.

i think it may be down to the machine not finding all the reels which goes back to the crimping of wires on all the connections inc the one on the mpu.

if thats ok then a replacement scorp board may be needed or a replacement reel.

baz

Thanks Baz,

Thats Three simple things....thank gawd!

I can get my feature reel tested fairly easily, and need be i'll get back to you guys for some bits--if you have and are selling.

Paulgee may (I hope) be able to assist with borrowing a PCB and try that...........then I just DUMPPED some PSU's............arrrgghhhh!

Many thanks for the pointers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users