A sugestion to stop the flood of red/epoch requests

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:18 PM

Or when people register the site could display a page informing people Red, Epoch, Scorp 5, MPU 6 are not emulatable now or in near future. Click here to confirm you understand to continue would need to be clicked to finish registration.

Good idea lads..either make a thread under 'Site suggestions' or ill post a note in the Mod zone FAO D-Miester.

Done.

#2 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:28 PM

Good idea but as history has taught us it is a tad flawed.

The problem is not the site it is the effing numb 'want it all now' and I want someone to give it to me now for nothing brigade. Whatever is 'new' and public they will want. Crazy Fruits, Party Time, DOND it does not matter as such... next year no doubt it will be something else.

Sorry to say it is the mentality of some members and not the notices that need to change.

#3 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Yeah..could be summat simple as a header on the homepage..like it used to be.."Welcome to fruit-emu.we have currently over 3,000 emulated machines" .. etc.

Could be changed to please note we have no DONDS Red Gaming Machines or Party-Time type machines on the site.

Stop thread after thread and shout after shout appearing.
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#4 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 06:36 PM

Sorry to say it is the mentality of some members and not the notices that need to change.

Addressed, and you must admit we still 'get it in the ear'

Only a few moments ago in the Shoutbox Geddy (One you saw and replied to) that was made by who is supposed to be an 'established' member who should have know better than shout to create plenty of tosh........

We respond and then we are classed as Hitlers!............all I can say is...shame on those that know better and post the pish then comment on 'general' pish on other sites......

#5 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:08 PM

maybe the answer is to apply a filter to posts so the forums will automaticly disply a message to the poster if it picks up on certain words and phrases. ie "dond, red and epoch are not and will not be emulated, are you sure you want to post message?"

#6 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:15 PM

maybe the answer is to apply a filter to posts so the forums will automaticly disply a message to the poster if it picks up on certain words and phrases. ie "dond, red and epoch are not and will not be emulated, are you sure you want to post message?"

But that will stop general discussion c0n wouldn't it mate?

#7 c0nfu53d

c0nfu53d

• Regulars
  • 288 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

But that will stop general discussion c0n wouldn't it mate?

Well, not neccesaryly, depends on how picky the filter is. And the filter wouldn't stop them from posting, just warning them not to post threads requesting unemulated machines. Maybe a sticky regarding reds/epochs all forums in addition to my filter sugestion would help or maybe not. Who knows? Maybe it'd be easyier to just put up with it.

#8 Stu03

Stu03

BarCrackers

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 278 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:11 PM

I just don't reply.

#9 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 08:15 PM

I just don't reply.

Best bit of advice I can suggest..........!

#10 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 06:13 AM

Best bit of advice I can suggest..........!

Or how abouts something down the lines of....

------ 'If it ain't listed when you use the SEARCH feature, then we don't have it'. ------

......should be on the home page. Maybe adding a little something stating that any posts requesting machines that aren't in the SEARCH database, will be removed/deleted without question. Actually, it may be better to leave posts alone that appear mid thread in unrelated threads so the membership slate the poster and theres no strange gaps or holes in a thread, and instead, we just remove new threads created asking these questions.

But then we get to another problem. What is deemed repetitive nonsense (Where can I find Red Gaming, Party Time or DOND?) type questions, or the (Where can I find Crazy Fruits, 777 Heaven and Line-Up?). I say we should treat all these types of questions the same. Wether a game has been emulated or not. If a member cannot be arsed to at least use the SEARCH facility, then they don't deserve an answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted Image

#11 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 09:12 AM

Or how abouts something down the lines of....

------ 'If it ain't listed when you use the SEARCH feature, then we don't have it'. ------

......should be on the home page. Maybe adding a little something stating that any posts requesting machines that aren't in the SEARCH database, will be removed/deleted without question. Actually, it may be better to leave posts alone that appear mid thread in unrelated threads so the membership slate the poster and theres no strange gaps or holes in a thread, and instead, we just remove new threads created asking these questions.

But then we get to another problem. What is deemed repetitive nonsense (Where can I find Red Gaming, Party Time or DOND?) type questions, or the (Where can I find Crazy Fruits, 777 Heaven and Line-Up?). I say we should treat all these types of questions the same. Wether a game has been emulated or not. If a member cannot be arsed to at least use the SEARCH facility, then they don't deserve an answer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Complete agreement with ya there Zoltar.

However ive always considered FE a nice friendly site where we (the members) help out the n00bs as much as poss..agreed there are people that dont deserve the help cos they ask the same stupid questions over and over again.

So its how to determine the geniune (im stuck on the site and cant find my way about)..and the im a total n00b and (i want everything spoon fed to me cos im too lazy to find things out for myself.)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users