• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Has anybody else read the article coinslot published about awp technical standards?

the average spins per second dint really bother me, it was the `linked jackpot wins` that did. stating in the proposal that - "within 1 hour of play, the total amount of linked wins may not exceed £100"

in otherwords a £70 jackpot may not repeat, but may have a streak continue upto the value of £100, but only once per hour! - the streak would have to finish and then another jackpot achieved - and that wont streak any further.

you could of course wait an hour and then press start...

#2 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 12:28 AM

Has anybody else read the article coinslot published about awp technical standards?

the average spins per second dint really bother me, it was the `linked jackpot wins` that did. stating in the proposal that - "within 1 hour of play, the total amount of linked wins may not exceed £100"

in otherwords a £70 jackpot may not repeat, but may have a streak continue upto the value of £100, but only once per hour! - the streak would have to finish and then another jackpot achieved - and that wont streak any further.

Jesus christ can't they just make the machine play as it plays on a £35 jackpot 50p stake but just you know urmmm double it :idea:

#3 TwoBit

TwoBit

• New Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:01 AM

lol if only you could :)

Thats quite scary if that is the limit considering what the stake per go is

#4 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:28 AM

Do you know what I would never play these £70 Jackpots, I think the £35 Jackpots are bad!!!

#5 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 05:59 AM

Will they put a nice little sticker on machines stating this so the average punter who doesn't know, doesn't keep throwing hundreds through the machine.

I would presume though that in order to keep percentage, the machine will start paying out regularly on decent wins. It would continue to even pay jackpots, but just no streak.

Of course, none of this really matters if the games are hardly played like we have currently. It just limits the most popular that would be played all the time.

Each time the jackpots and stakes have gone up, have the manufacturers perceived this as something successful? I would have thought that getting people back into arcades was their No1 priority. And not trying to appease those already able to afford to play at these stakes.
Posted Image

#6 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:18 AM

Just glad its only a proposal and that its not actually fact yet because this would be more of a con than reel king having a hard and soft setting.

#7 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:47 AM

having looked at some of the new Barcrest range, there was a ferw that have a £70+repeat chance. i guess this will have to be a repeat at the feature game and not the jackpot?

#8 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 11:57 AM

You are misinterpreting what a linked jackpot is. It has nothing to do with a jackpot repeat chance.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#9 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:17 PM

Care to elaborate?

#10 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 01:25 PM

I suspect it will be something to do with this, but I don't understand what it means either.

Attached Files

#11 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:31 AM

Does anyone understand this?

#12 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 07:41 AM

That document is old and was written before anyone knew for definite what the jackpot was going to be increased to. It merely speculates that if £100 was given on Cat C, there would be no repeats allowed.

Seeing as we now know that the jackpot increase is £70, you can forget any references to £100 and can rest assured that you can have up to 2 repeats on the £70 jackpot :)
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#13 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 10:05 AM

in other words, a red gaming that does a £105, will now do a £210. :notworthy:

#14 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2009 - 01:02 PM

in other words, a red gaming that does a £105, will now do a £210. :notworthy:

Looks all nice in words a £210 big money streak but are they gonna code em so they give you the 2 repeats or even 1 for that matter:)

#15 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 08:40 AM

Latest Notice

The maximum prize for a
category C gaming machine
will be £70. Technical
standards allow customers to
have the opportunity for up to
two repeats but the Gambling
Commission has stated that
anyone advertising any prize
over £70 could lead to the
repeats being lost, ie you must
NOT advertise £210 jackpot.

So yes they will do a £210 streak. but crucially

£210 mega streak = "YOUR BARRED" from any pub your likely to get it in.

#16 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

I have had a 50p £35 jp find the lady repeat to £315 and i have seen 50p £35 jp golden poker streak over £500 quid so i doubt ill be playing a £70 jp machine if the streak is capped at £210 :(

#17 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 02:26 PM

I have had a 50p £35 jp find the lady repeat to £315 and i have seen 50p £35 jp golden poker streak over £500 quid so i doubt ill be playing a £70 jp machine if the streak is capped at £210 :(

How could the hoppers hold so much money?:huh:

#18 fruitsnappa

fruitsnappa

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1304 posts

Posted 18 May 2009 - 04:22 PM

I don't know how when the maximun number of consecutive links is three, if prize is greater than £25.

For category C machines:
Maximum prize value awarded in any single game of a linked series
Maximum number of successful consecutive links permissible
£10 or less = Unrestricted
£15 or less, greater than £10 = 6
£20 or less, greater than £15 = 5
£25 or less, greater than £20 = 4
In excess of £25 = 3

#19 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Thing is, no machine with a £35+rpt chance has EVER repeated for me, so whats the chance of a £70 machine repeating?!

ZERO!

#20 Guest_tommy c_*

Guest_tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2009 - 07:30 PM

Thing is, no machine with a £35+rpt chance has EVER repeated for me, so whats the chance of a £70 machine repeating?!

ZERO!

I've had a deal or no deal walk of whealth repeat on the £35 once and yeah i was very shocked and i've had the £35 repeat to £140 on the find the lady poker machine were you have to find the queen for a repeat. So they do repeat but not very often cant see em letting a mega streak go for £210/3x jackpot seems abit far fetched.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users