Old Barcrest Machine?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 matrix2021

matrix2021

• New Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:09 PM

I remember seeing a relatively old Barcrest machine, possibly late Mpu4 and early Mpu5 at a holiday complex a few years ago. But the only thing I remember is that it had non-familiar colours on the '7' symbols i.e. so where the usual colours are Blue Sevens and then Orange/Red Sevens, this machine had White Sevens? It was definately Hi-Tech and once you got onto the feature, I think you had to Hi/Lo. It's just doing my head in that I cant think of its name.

Cheers in advance.

#2 andymccabe13

andymccabe13

• New Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:16 PM

Cash Attack its called
heres a link Barcrest Group :: Cash Attack, UK Category C

#3 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:18 PM

Cash Attack its called

Thats a scrop 4/5 i believe

they stated an old high tec Mpu4/5 :p

#4 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

eh? scorp 4/5 is bell fruit aint it?

#5 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

Cash Attack its called

Can't be cash attack mate, he says it was from around the time of move to MPU5. The new Cash Attack was only released a couple of years ago and I think it is Horizon anyway.

I'll have a think about what machine it might be though :bigeyes11:

Can you describe the game or its features a bit more for us?

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:12 AM

I remember seeing a relatively old Barcrest machine, possibly late Mpu4 and early Mpu5 at a holiday complex a few years ago. But the only thing I remember is that it had non-familiar colours on the '7' symbols i.e. so where the usual colours are Blue Sevens and then Orange/Red Sevens, this machine had White Sevens? It was definately Hi-Tech and once you got onto the feature, I think you had to Hi/Lo. It's just doing my head in that I cant think of its name.

Cheers in advance.

What jackpot was it?

It it were a Club machine, they often used Blue / Red / White sevens, examples being Club Temple of Treasure, and Club Royal Exchange.

I'm pretty stumped at the minute, but if you can remember the jackpot and ideally the stake, that would make a huge difference.

#7 pimpalicious

pimpalicious

• New Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 12:18 AM

Black and White special, is the only MPU4/5 machine that used 7's in different colours. Lo tech, in a rio cabinet.

Nice machine with a half decent streak, usually resevered for 5 quid JP area.

Hi-lo was used for repeats.

Pimp.

#8 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:44 AM

deleted.

#9 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2009 - 05:22 AM

Wrong m8, s4's bellfruit, mazooma and qps I belive. Barcrest have never been s4/5.

#10 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:17 AM

barcrest use currently mpu 5 and there mainboard before mpu 5 was mpu 4.

bell fruit's latest tech is scorpion 5 the scorpion 5 board is smaller than the scorps 1,2,3,4 boards in the past.

hope this has clarified things a lil :)

#11 Dougsta

Dougsta

Stampede!

• Silver Supporters
  • 806 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

Are Barcrest still using MPU5? I thought Bully for You was about the last MPU5 and they were now using a brand new tech - I think called Serial tech.

I could be wrong, and they have simply developed MPU5 a bit more for the new machines in the Horizon cabinet.

#12 matrix2021

matrix2021

• New Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 01:58 PM

It was definitely not a club machine. It was set at 5p/£8jp. I know its stupid barely knowing anything about it, but because they had about 3 of the same machine, I thought it was going to be quite a popular one to be found in arcades - obviously not. I'm pretty sure it had numbers 1-8, and the feature wasn't a wraparound board nor start to finish i.e. Winner Takes it All. I'm resigning to the fact it might of been a failed test machine tbh.

#13 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 02:15 PM

Are Barcrest still using MPU5? I thought Bully for You was about the last MPU5 and they were now using a brand new tech - I think called Serial tech.

I could be wrong, and they have simply developed MPU5 a bit more for the new machines in the Horizon cabinet.

horizon cabinets still use mpu 5.

serial tech only affected the coin mech hopper and note acceptor.

btw the triple 7 cabinets by barcrest use mpu 6

looks quite sleek and its half the size of mpu5 and has a digital display on it.

baz

#14 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 03:08 PM

It was definitely not a club machine. It was set at 5p/£8jp. I know its stupid barely knowing anything about it, but because they had about 3 of the same machine, I thought it was going to be quite a popular one to be found in arcades - obviously not. I'm pretty sure it had numbers 1-8, and the feature wasn't a wraparound board nor start to finish i.e. Winner Takes it All. I'm resigning to the fact it might of been a failed test machine tbh.

Is there a chance it's another manufacturer? There were quite a lot of 5p/£8 machines about, by the likes of Empire Games. They used Barcrest cabinets and hardware, but offered different games.

As daft as it sounds, it might be worth drawing a quick picture, just to show the layout of the machine, including any details you can remember. Worked for me over at Fruit Forums when a colleague mentioned a machine, later identified to be QPS Captain Cash. Doesn't have to be a detailled picture, just a black and white sketch made in MS Paint would do.

#15 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 06:04 PM

Cheers in advance.

It sounds like Secret 7s, which was a BWB?
I'll have a butchers in the Flyer gallery/

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#16 matrix2021

matrix2021

• New Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:29 PM

Is there a chance it's another manufacturer? There were quite a lot of 5p/£8 machines about, by the likes of Empire Games. They used Barcrest cabinets and hardware, but offered different games.

As daft as it sounds, it might be worth drawing a quick picture, just to show the layout of the machine, including any details you can remember. Worked for me over at Fruit Forums when a colleague mentioned a machine, later identified to be QPS Captain Cash. Doesn't have to be a detailled picture, just a black and white sketch made in MS Paint would do.

I would do if I remember anything else about it, but as sad as it sounds, it really is the only distinctive part of the machine I remember - which is the different coloured 7's. It was a good 8-9 years ago now, and the only reason why I mentioned it is because I'd never seen any other machines like it and was surprised not to see it emulated.

It sounds like Secret 7s, which was a BWB?
I'll have a butchers in the Flyer gallery/

Now, I thought it might of been called something with an 'S' and then I thought 'Silver' (being the white coloured 7's as a clue). So i've downloaded Silver Shadow and Silver Screen, but neither is the machine. Secret 7's maybe a possibility, so if you have any joy with a pic, then I'd be very appreciative :)

#17 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 05:02 PM

. Secret 7's maybe a possibility, so if you have any joy with a pic, then I'd be very appreciative :)

Here you go> Secret 7's - Fruit-Emu Gallery

#18 matrix2021

matrix2021

• New Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Here you go> Secret 7's - Fruit-Emu Gallery

Yes! That is actually it. Thanks for that. So... It doesnt actually have White 7's as reel symbols then lol (whoops!).

So the next question...

Is it emulatable?

Cheers for all the help guys.

#19 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:20 AM

Bump. well it is now after 8 years. :)

Attached Files

#20 Liverpool2008

Liverpool2008

I come back every now and then :p

• Regulars
  • 2246 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 11:48 AM

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#10CCS2]

We could not find the page you were looking for.

<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='https://www.facebook...?ref=hl</a></a>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users