50 replies to this topic

#21 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:51 PM

Yes geddy i get you're point but cliffc has been spending a damn site more then the cost of a few dvd's to keep the repro running and he has now decided to ask for a little help via donations.

A few? Over 300 sets if you are referring to my contribution.

One min you're asking members to donate to this site then the next you're saying its wrong for cliffc to ask for donations(remember up till a short while ago cliffc was hosting the emu's that ran a large number of this sites layouts, he has done more then his fair share to keep FME alive)

The reason I posted the 'pledge' thread was because a few people wanting to contribute were getting mixed in with the debate of it all. I just wanted them all to be in one place. I had another 'secret' reason as well hehe.
Also if you read my post then you will see that I mention this site asking for donations (which they have not) is entirely a different situation.

As for cliffc doing his share that is not in dispute. However how many layout creators are asking for donations? How many emulator coders are asking for donations? How many rom/artwork gatherers are asking for donations? Without all of them there would be no need for the 'repro.'

Personally I would hate to think how much time/cash/resources etc I have chucked at this scene without asking for anything but a 'thank-you' and more often than not as far as the DVDs goes did not get that.

May I suggest he thinks of other ways to make the 'repro' more economical rather than ask for cash donations as I would hate to think what would happen if the layout creators decided to ask him to pull their work he is in essence selling.

#22 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

That is only half the issue, you are effectively selling what they gave you for nothing.

Is anyone asking you to keep it open 24 hours a day? No that is your choice, you can turn it off if you want. £600 in 3 years for electricity... damn I wish... what company do you use I'm having them in here. Also I would imagine that your electric bill covers other items in house that use the magic juice. Unless you have a separate supply to cover the PC.

Can you link me to the post where any FE staff are asking for donations? I think you will find they are not however some kind people are offering.

You will be providing us with your end of quarter results I take it before sending it to the City?

Hi

Obviouly you have a problem reading the £600 is only the costs for the server my total costs over the 3 years i have ran the server the total cost is around £1200, also not that its any of you buisness what i do and how I choose to run the server its a web site and it has to be there 24/7 what web site only runs a few hours a day.

There is no post but there is the box as in this photo if this is not asking for donations i dont know what is.

The reason I have put the request in the thread as my software will not allow me to alter the web pages. So i put the request in my thread which as far as i know is not against the site rules in anyway.

I am asking for donations to help keep the site going just like FE is but by your logic then FE are also asking for money to access the work of the layout designers so thay are doing the same as i am.

Cliff C

Attached Files

#23 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:05 PM

A few? Over 300 sets if you are referring to my contribution.

The reason I posted the 'pledge' thread was because a few people wanting to contribute were getting mixed in with the debate of it all. I just wanted them all to be in one place. I had another 'secret' reason as well hehe.
Also if you read my post then you will see that I mention this site asking for donations (which they have not) is entirely a different situation.

As for cliffc doing his share that is not in dispute. However how many layout creators are asking for donations? How many emulator coders are asking for donations? How many rom/artwork gatherers are asking for donations? Without all of them there would be no need for the 'repro.'

Personally I would hate to think how much time/cash/resources etc I have chucked at this scene without asking for anything but a 'thank-you' and more often than not as far as the DVDs goes did not get that.

May I suggest he thinks of other ways to make the 'repro' more economical rather than ask for cash donations as I would hate to think what would happen if the layout creators decided to ask him to pull their work he is in essence selling.

Hi Geddy

May i suggest that you keep your nose out of how i choose to run the repro and as non of the layout designers and i am not selling there work and if i am by asking for donataions then so is FE so as you seem to be on my back for what ever reason it would seem that you are intent on peeing me off enough so that again for what ever reason i will close the repeo down.

And i dont know what your reasons are for this are byond me as i have never sold the layouts on e-bay and i also montior the sites downloads to make sure that the people using the site are not downloading layouts that look like thay are taking to many for disk creation.

Cliff C

#24 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:17 PM

Want a free FME complete set? Can't be arsed to download stuff at 30k/s from a paid for FTP?

PM me, blanks and return postage, is all I ask for.

Only, when I send you them, don't start up an FTP! :)

Or flog them on Ebay for that matter!

#25 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:20 PM

Obviouly you have a problem reading the £600 is only the costs for the server my total costs over the 3 years i have ran the server the total cost is around £1200, also not that its any of you buisness what i do and how I choose to run the server its a web site and it has to be there 24/7 what web site only runs a few hours a day.

Correct I am having a problem reading because the spelling, punctuation and grammar of the posts are not the best, however you did say this...

PC off every night you have not had to pay out £600 in the past 3 years in electricity

So even then you state the £600 is for the electricity and how the hell you can tell unless you have a meter on your PC is beyond me.

Also when you start asking for donations for stuff I have highly contributed towards then I do have the right to question it. What would you think if I asked you to take down all the stuff I have sent you on DVD and all the stuff I have contributed in making? Then what if other people decided to take the same stance because we are not getting paid for our troubles?

There is no post but there is the box as in this photo if this is not asking for donations i dont know what is.

You state the site is ASKING for donations is it not. That box and the similar pages are just keeping a record of such donations. Why don't you do the same then? Don't ask here or DADs etc for donations but do so on your own site.

The reason I have put the request in the thread as my software will not allow me to alter the web pages. So i put the request in my thread which as far as i know is not against the site rules in anyway.

I'm sure you could set up a rules page, or leave a read me file on the site.

I am asking for donations to help keep the site going just like FE is but by your logic then FE are also asking for money to access the work of the layout designers so thay are doing the same as i am.

FRUIT EMU ARE NOT ASKING FOR DONATIONS!!!! As far as I know they NEVER have.

#26 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 19 February 2009 - 08:33 PM

May i suggest that you keep your nose out of how i choose to run the repro

Then can you kindly not post about it on public forums that I visit?

May i suggest that you keep your nose out of how i choose to run the repro and as non of the layout designers and i am not selling there work and if i am by asking for donataions then so is FE so as you seem to be on my back for what ever reason it would seem that you are intent on peeing me off enough so that again for what ever reason i will close the repeo down.

I have not got a clue what you just typed there, it makes no sense what so ever. 'As non of the layout designers and i am not selling there work' - sorry you got me, very confusing. :( What do you mean?

Okay let me get one thing straight since I have now said it half a dozen times....

1) Fruit-Emu have NOT ASKED FOR ANY DONATIONS.

2) YOU HAVE ASKED FOR DONATIONS ON AT LEAST THREE SITES.

I am not intent on peeing you off at all and I admire your efforts for the scene. I am just bringing into question the reasons why you think you should be accepting donations from the FME members. I am perfectly allowed to do that. If you want to shut down the repro then that is fine.

And i dont know what your reasons are for this are byond me as i have never sold the layouts on e-bay and i also montior the sites downloads to make sure that the people using the site are not downloading layouts that look like thay are taking to many for disk creation.

Selling them on ebay and asking for donations to the repro are different how? I never asked for any donations when I supplied you with the DVDs and I never asked for donations when I sourced roms and arkwork. I never asked for donations for my time in helping to produce 100s of layouts. Do you get my point yet? Or am I pissing in the wind here?

#27 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:13 PM

Jesus fooking christ!!!

Cliffc IS NOT selling layouts, he is just ASKING for DONATIONS to help with his running costs

You CAN download the layouts even if you DONT donate so how can you say he is selling them?

Im sure if any layout creators who are not happy with cliffc asking for help with his running costs ask him via PM to remove their layouts he will do so

#28 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 09:20 PM

Selling them on ebay and asking for donations to the repro are different how? I never asked for any donations when I supplied you with the DVDs and I never asked for donations when I sourced roms and arkwork. I never asked for donations for my time in helping to produce 100s of layouts. Do you get my point yet? Or am I pissing in the wind here?

If i read this right you're saying that as YOU never asked for donations that means cliffc cant?

Who made you the godfather of fme?

#29 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:05 AM

Then can you kindly not post about it on public forums that I visit?

I have not got a clue what you just typed there, it makes no sense what so ever. 'As non of the layout designers and i am not selling there work' - sorry you got me, very confusing. :( What do you mean?

Okay let me get one thing straight since I have now said it half a dozen times....

1) Fruit-Emu have NOT ASKED FOR ANY DONATIONS.

2) YOU HAVE ASKED FOR DONATIONS ON AT LEAST THREE SITES.

I am not intent on peeing you off at all and I admire your efforts for the scene. I am just bringing into question the reasons why you think you should be accepting donations from the FME members. I am perfectly allowed to do that. If you want to shut down the repro then that is fine.

Hi Geddy

Selling them on E-bay is completly different as the people on e-bay are selling them for a profit, and the people have no choice I am asking for donations only the people still have access to the server for free and can download the layouts for free thay dont have to donate.

Fruit - Emu are asking for donations if this :-

Your Donation Will Be Used To Pay For our ever increasing bandwidth costs, our hosting Service, domain registration, software licensing fees, and maintenance costs

With a button underneth saying donate now on the home page is not asking for a donation the I dont know what is.

As i have told you before my software is very simple the reason i use it is because it's cheap and easy to maitain, the licence for the software used her and the other FME sites was to much for me to pay becaue of its limitations I cannot edit any of the pages so i cannot insert a donations request page on the pages of the repro, so i have choosen to ask in messages on the boards I post to which is not against the rules of any of the sites in question, and non of the site owners have made any complints to me

And you ask in a previous reply how i can know how much the server costs in electricity I dont need a meter attached to the PC I just use basic maths, and look back at the old bills. Like i wrote in the 1st reply to you my bills for power prior to running the server came in at an average £40 - £50 per Qtr and the bills after the server went online have jumped to an average of £90 - £100 per qtr as we have not purchaced any other electricty eating appliances since the server went on line 24/7 this means that the server is using approx £50 per qtr or £200 per year £50 X 4 multiply this by the 3 years the server has been running and that makes £600 not hard is it.

The fact that you choose not to ask for donataions is nither here or there I dont go on because you choose not to and when people send me disk' s I allways offer to cover there costs if thay choose not to accpet the offer that is there choice.

It could be that you have enough money to subsidise your self and for the past 3 years I have managed to support the site other than last year when the HDD failed and I asked on the same boards for donations there and people kindly helped out I did not see you getting on your high horse about me asking for donatons then. I have learned that the new company that has taken us over are going to impliment a wage cut of 5% accross the board starting next month, as an alternative to having to make staff redundant, this means less cash for me.

So in conclusion because to be honest you are starting to get right on my tits with this, I have choosen to ask for donataions to help run the site, which is exactly the same as the guys here at FE are doing even though your mind wont accept this.

If you dont like this just because you did not ask for donations then that is tough live with it I dont tell how you shouid do what you do, and I dont expect you to try telling me what to do I have a wife to do that job anyway.

Cliff C

Edited by cliffc, 20 February 2009 - 09:13 AM.
corrections

#30 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:08 AM

If i read this right you're saying that as YOU never asked for donations that means cliffc cant?

Who made you the godfather of fme?

Hi Envy

I am glad of your support here at least you can see what I am doing I think we might as well just give up with Geddy XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX, nothing seems to sink in. He keeps saying that FE are not for donations so what is that donation box i keep seeing on the front page then an helucantion.

Cliff C

*edited*

Edited by adydb, 20 February 2009 - 12:15 PM.
Request for remark to be removed.

#31 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:30 AM

Cliff may I suggest you ignore this complete numpty. He is speaking for the minority as in, a minority of 1. He's on some kind of personal crusade against fund raising ideas or donation requests.
Everyone is grateful for the service the repro and this site provide and any donation requests shouldn't be frowned on. If you have a problem with that, may I suggest you stop viewing Cliffs posts Geddy.

As for bringing punctuation into the argument, I find that rather petty and downright childish for a grown man.

p.s multi quote away Geddy, I shan't reply. I don't intend to get into such a ridiculous squabble as this, just showing Cliff my support.

#32 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:48 AM

I had planned a lovely post this morning about 'yeah fine points made get on with it,' but now I read mental health insults...so sorry none can do...

As for bringing punctuation into the argument, I find that rather petty and downright childish for a grown man.

Well this is a forum correct? If I am to understand what people are saying I have to be able to read it. If a post is badly constructed or makes no sense because of poor spelling or punctuation then how can the posters points be clear? For instance it is REPO not f*****g REPRO if we are resorting to insults.

For cliffc's benefit (since he lobbed the CKs point in :() I want him to look up the word ASK as it appears he has no f*****g concept of what that means.

Also I would like a donation from him for the DVDs I have burned. Also I am considering to ask him to remove everything from the repro that I have contributed to for free. Infact I might do worse, who knows. I don't take mental health insults too well. We are talking approx 300 layouts and God knows how many roms.... does that sound okay? If you want petty I can do petty.

Edited by Geddy, 20 February 2009 - 10:00 AM.

#33 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 09:56 AM

Cliff may I suggest you ignore this complete numpty. He is speaking for the minority as in, a minority of 1. He's on some kind of personal crusade against fund raising ideas or donation requests.
Everyone is grateful for the service the repro and this site provide and any donation requests shouldn't be frowned on. If you have a problem with that, may I suggest you stop viewing Cliffs posts Geddy.

p.s multi quote away Geddy, I shan't reply. I don't intend to get into such a ridiculous squabble as this, just showing Cliff my support.

Hi Gambo

Thanks for the support I was beginning to think it was just me and envy against geddy lol I have not had any donations yet lol but the site will be there I have tryed opening up registration again so far its working out ok I have to activte the accounts so it can take time. And when i am annoyed and typeing my brain sometimes works faster than my fingers hence the dodgy punctuation and my spelling has allways been iffy lol.

Cliff C

#34 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 10:05 AM

Top tip, both IE and Firefox tell you when a word is incorrectly typed!

:)

#35 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

I had planned a lovely post this morning about 'yeah fine points made get on with it,' but now I read mental health insults...so sorry none can do...

Well this is a forum correct? If I am to understand what people are saying I have to be able to read it. If a post is badly constructed or makes no sense because of poor spelling or punctuation then how can the posters points be clear? For instance it is REPO not f*****g REPRO if we are resorting to insults.

For cliffc's benefit (since he lobbed the CKs point in :() I want him to look up the word ASK as it appears he has no f*****g concept of what that means.

Also I would like a donation from him for the DVDs I have burned. Also I am considering to ask him to remove everything from the repro that I have contributed to for free. Infact I might do worse, who knows. I don't take mental health insults too well. We are talking approx 300 layouts and God knows how many roms.... does that sound okay? If you want petty I can do petty.

HI Geddy

I appolgise for the reply i made thay my have suggested you have mental health issues, I will PM a member of the mod team and ask that that particular reply be removed as its now past edit time and i can no longer remove it myself.

The comment was made as no matter what i was saying it just did not seem to be getting me anywhere with you and was made more out of frustration than anything else with all of this and the news on impending pay cuts and other stuff going on at the moment that I dont want to bring up here, I for once slipped out of normal charcicter on this one and made that comment I dont normaly do this as any one looking at my previous posts can see.

So please accept my apologys once again for any comment that my have implied that you have mental heath issues as far as I am aware Geddy has no issues of this nature.

Also can i suggest that we now draw an end to this and agree to dissagree on the subject as it would seem thay you have your strongly held views on this subject, and I have mine and it would seem that we are never going to find a middle ground on this one.

Cliff C

Edited by cliffc, 20 February 2009 - 11:58 AM.
Addtional comments

#36 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 11:36 AM

Hi cliff

I will PM you my msn account so we can sort out a way for me to get a donation to you as i dont have paypal/bank account.

You have done a great job hosting resorces over the years that other sites could'nt/would'nt host so im more then happy to lob a crisp new twenty quid note you're way.

Ignore the bullys and idiots and keep up the good work :D

#37 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:13 PM

HI Geddy

I appolgise for the reply i made thay my have suggested you have mental health issues, I will PM a member of the mod team and ask that that particular reply be removed as its now past edit time and i can no longer remove it myself.

The comment was made as no matter what i was saying it just did not seem to be getting me anywhere with you and was made more out of frustration than anything else with all of this and the news on impending pay cuts and other stuff going on at the moment that I dont want to bring up here, I for once slipped out of normal charcicter on this one and made that comment I dont normaly do this as any one looking at my previous posts can see.

So please accept my apologys once again for any comment that my have implied that you have mental heath issues as far as I am aware Geddy has no issues of this nature.

Also can i suggest that we now draw an end to this and agree to dissagree on the subject as it would seem thay you have your strongly held views on this subject, and I have mine and it would seem that we are never going to find a middle ground on this one.

Cliff C

Admire you for that comment :)

The post concerned was reported to us, at the time *I chose to leave it as I didn't think it was harsh enough for removal and the reporter was contacted.

(*may have been altered by another Mod later, it was left unaltered just by me)

We have been criticised left-right-and centre here at FE for being too hard on removed posts etc....and see we do listen lol.

Seeing as the above apology and request has been posted I have removed the remark.

#38 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:43 PM

Admire you for that comment :)

The post concerned was reported to us, at the time *I chose to leave it as I didn't think it was harsh enough for removal and the reporter was contacted.

(*may have been altered by another Mod later, it was left unaltered just by me)

We have been criticised left-right-and centre here at FE for being too hard on removed posts etc....and see we do listen lol.

Seeing as the above apology and request has been posted I have removed the remark.

Hi Adydb

Thanks for you assitance with this issue

Regards

Cliff C

#39 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:36 PM

HI Geddy

Many thanks for that post, like I said this morning I had a post ready so I think I can post it now.

I felt the same way, you could not see that FE was not asking and just showing a box for those to keep track who had.

If you read back my initial disgust was that 'pr0n' was getting lumped into the deal and like I explained due to one 'see you next Tuesday' that sometimes posts here I very very nearly lost my job and got struck off from my profession for the content of FME sites (long story.) If FME sites had been linked with 'pr0n' in anyway I am sure I would have been struck off.
I hope you understand this.

Also I hope you understand my POV that I have supplied hundreds and hundreds of DVDs worth of roms/layouts for FREE. Even at my own expense on the majority of occasions but that was my way of contributing to the scene. I have also contributed in the making of 100s of layouts and spent many hundereds of hours making datafiles. So you see I get a bit upset that others want donations for doing similar good turns. I admire what you do with the 'repro' I am concenred about the tidiness of it all but that is your baby and nothing to do with me. :bigeyes04:

I just think a certain bullish post by a certain member a couple of weeks ago rattled a few cages and brought this place and some associations of it into disrepute. I think it made many sit up and think.

Well technically I do have as a result of... well that is not important hehe. But many thanks for the apology and in essence I'm sorry for making a mountain from a mole hill. Keep up the good work. :bigeyes02:

Ian.

#40 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:16 PM

So Cliff, this Pr0n - it's not home made is it?? :-D...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users