48 replies to this topic

#21 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 09:57 PM

I know it might sound stupid or unbelievable but I lost just over £2500 on a section 16 in just over 3 hours. Playing on £10 a spin the money just disapeared thankfuly the bank was closed or id of stupidly gone and withdrawn more.

Easily done mate,I once saw a mate put £1200 in a Sec16 at £2 a play in just over an hour.I admire your honesty:bigeyes04:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#22 shane

shane

• New Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:18 PM

I put in over £700 in rainbow riches the pots in just over 3 hours..i played 4 the pots when i got them i got silver £179.the gold was £500.i made the mistake of staying on ,but never got it..i dont play them like that now!! i learnt my lesson..i have been playing the bandits for 20 yrs now .3-5 nights a week.i have had a lot of losses .ie.£360 in electocoin 7s..we call them droppy in ones...used 2 make a good living yrs ago in the bingo hall.with the refill key.and whatever didnt take the key the lad who worked on the floor/machines used 2 check the computer upstairs 4 me.told me what was full or nearly!..fill up day on a sunday so i was always on top of them.,them days are gone so i am struggling in arcades with shit percentages..especially when u can put £122 in mazoomas x2 monopoly..the 10p £5 jackpot one..thats only the start i got so many big big losses 2 many 2 list..as 4 the wins well i gotta say the biggest was elvis b3.£35 in dropped 5 cars £500.but not many other big wins 2 shout about..cheers!!

#23 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:19 PM

I know it might sound stupid or unbelievable but I lost just over £2500 on a section 16 in just over 3 hours. Playing on £10 a spin the money just disapeared thankfuly the bank was closed or id of stupidly gone and withdrawn more.

Admire your honesty for admitting it mate, but how the HELL can you justify sticking two and a half grand in a bandit???? No wonder the gaming industry wants to increase JP's with people willing to gamble obscene amounts of money like you did.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#24 nffcfan

nffcfan

• New Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:22 PM

I always told myself I only do it cos I like the place I gambled in and if it closed I could easily give up. Well it recently did close and its only made things worse the old place has only ever had 1 section 16 in and that wasnt there for very long (said it wasnt worth the licence fee) so I could never really lose serious money in there. So now to feed my habit iv taken to playing the machines in ladbrokes (only other arcade in my town is a oak ammusements and dont really like the place) Now im sure many people know u can lose vast ammounts of money in these things in very little time and im now losing near on £1000 a month in these. and thats usually over the 2 days after pay day. Im now worse than ever even gambling £100 a spin on red or black on the roulette (including 8 losing spins in a row) So the point of this is it wasnt the place I was addicted to like i tried to convince myself it is the buzz of gambling.

Im glad to get that off my chest tho 1st time iv told anyone about how bad my habit is and hopefully it might be the 1st step to recovery in what I can only imagine is going to be a very long and winding road!

#25 prizeguy2005

prizeguy2005

• Regulars
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:27 PM

re fruity's not too many horror stories few bad days catching reds a bit too early etc few £50-80 hits best result think £105 from first board on a games media clone. Its those bloody roulettes which account for my bad stories best win £1500 £20 in, worst done a grand one dark day, honestly evil machines thankfully dont play these anything like used to but have to be careful in case I start chasing. Must be some real bad loss stories on these saw one lad feeding £100 a time a spin on one of these on sat didnt see him collect anything, hate to see what he lost

#26 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:38 PM

I always told myself I only do it cos I like the place I gambled in and if it closed I could easily give up. Well it recently did close and its only made things worse the old place has only ever had 1 section 16 in and that wasnt there for very long (said it wasnt worth the licence fee) so I could never really lose serious money in there. So now to feed my habit iv taken to playing the machines in ladbrokes (only other arcade in my town is a oak ammusements and dont really like the place) Now im sure many people know u can lose vast ammounts of money in these things in very little time and im now losing near on £1000 a month in these. and thats usually over the 2 days after pay day. Im now worse than ever even gambling £100 a spin on red or black on the roulette (including 8 losing spins in a row) So the point of this is it wasnt the place I was addicted to like i tried to convince myself it is the buzz of gambling.

Im glad to get that off my chest tho 1st time iv told anyone about how bad my habit is and hopefully it might be the 1st step to recovery in what I can only imagine is going to be a very long and winding road!

Oak Amusements is bad...KEEP OUT!(thats if its the same company I know)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#27 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 10:42 PM

Good on ya mate for admitting it. That is definitely the first step but the road you talk about can be as short or as winding as you want it to be. There are plenty of threads on here describing members experiences of gambling on here...maybe worth reading through some of them I reckon mate. You will realise that you are not alone and maybe pick up some useful info along the way that will help you. I've been there, done it, recovered and am now realising how much money is worth. Playing the emu's helps too. I thought I had it bad in the 90's but you guys have a whole new ball game to contend with. The fruit machine industry is full of bastards right enough, working out how to fleece the punters money as quick as possible. AWP? More like NATYMIAGH (No amusement, throw your money in and go home).
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#28 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:31 AM

do you think they tighten up the seaside bandits compared to the city ones?

lost bout £60 in 30 mins on £5 jp
and won about on gold rush multiplayer £5jp £180
i gamble every weekend but i have stopper recently as i have a beautiful missus
haha

#29 renoufchr

renoufchr

Arcade Mod

• Regulars
  • 396 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:01 AM

last aruond £200 on Club operation(SHIT MACHINE FROM GLOBAL)
won £250 on various club machines a few times

#30 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:33 AM

Good luck mate, if you really want to quit, and it sounds like you do, Gamblers Anonymous will help you. Ignore any perceived stigma about it, it works.

But the only way you will ever give up, is if you WANT to. Until you WANT to give up, it can't be done, but as soon as you want to, it can be done.

Cheers!

#31 lovespuds

lovespuds

• New Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:25 AM

The most I have lost was in the space of three days playing the same machine and lost 5 and a half grand in a section 16 rainbow riches with the pots at 150 -bronze, 350 - silver and 500 for the gold the maximum each pt can get to thats how i left it i only got one pot and it was bronze wen i first got on the machine for 63.24. i did not get a win over 40.
WHAT A COCK I WAS.
but to take the biscuit i kno some scruff that went on it after me and put a fiver in and played it on 50p play and won the bronze in the space of five spins after i got off. then he collected the 150 and changed back then to f*** me off some more put a tenna bk in and was playin £1 spin and won the f***in silver for 350.
but the next day in the morning was in the arcade and it happend again someone i hate only went and put a tenna in it played it at £2 spin and on last credit got the gold. was well pissed so vowed neva to play a 500 again and i have'nt.
TOLD YA I WAS A COCK FOR DOING IT
It happend over 24 months ago and still trying to pay what i owe for this mistake.

#32 tara10825

tara10825

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 268 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:26 AM

Most i have lost is similar i was playing haunted house £500 when you could play up to £10 per spin put in Just over £1600 before i won Jackpot of £500 but then got it again 2 more times walking away with £1500 working out just £100 down but felt great to be honest,in the end it felt as if i had won after being £1600 down to just £100.
On another note i have lost over £3000 in roulette in bookies but have also won just under £5000 in one session.
But those where the days when i could earn nearly 40k a year in my job so was not that bad,now times are hard.

#33 graf

graf

• New Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:07 AM

Monetry wise I haven't lost a lot - most I think is about £20, winings the same story around £30. However i do not think it is the value that matters- it is the percentage this represents of how much you earn. When i was 14 (a looong time ago), I was addicted to nudgers. I had a cleaning job giving me £12 a week. All of this disappeared each week into machines. So that is 100% loss. Any winings went back in. Not because i was chasing prizes, I had more to start with, but the lights and sounds drew me in. It was only when I moticed that i wasn't able to buy birthday / xmas pressies for peopel I realised how bad things had got. Went cold turkey. Was bad for a while but got over it. I still have some desire to play, I cannot go into a pub without my eye being drawn to the machines, but restrict myself to no more than a £5 if I HAVE to play. To nffcfan as mentioned, if you want to quit you can, but if you are not sure if you want to, you will not. Something needs to flick that switch inside that says enough. Use the emus here, they will help take some edge off. If you see an emu of a particular machine you play a lot - use it - keep using it until you get bored with it - hopefully this will transfer across to the pysical device as well.
Go on - blow it up. You know you want to

#34 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:11 AM

I used yo lose pretty bad on various B3 machines and DOND, but now i have someone who takes care of my money so i cant chuck it all away and i only spend what i win.
I get £40 to last through the week and £30 to last on a weekend. Three weeks ago i stuck a tenner in elvis and got the 5 caddies, and then last thursday i put a tenner in cash ahoy did a £4 spin and got 5 maps and got the £500, although im now down to £850 thanks to Flamin DOND.

#35 Wallacey1

Wallacey1

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:33 PM

do you think they tighten up the seaside bandits compared to the city ones?

How can anybody possibly make a living fruit machines

#36 lita3

lita3

the dark horse

• New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:24 PM

a bit personal isnt it

sorry didnt mean it to be

being in the real fruit machine forum i thought it was part of the reality of what happens when you play, win or lose, it seems kind of a taboo subject and seems a lot of people only see the greener side of bandits or only want them to see that, when theres more of a dark side than they like to let known,

being in hard times where money is getting harder to come by, crosses my mind to have a go an 'try' a get a free' bit of cash to make the week easier, but it doesnt happen or rarely and you have to remember that and this reason has stopped me doing it

And these arcade/bookies owner know this and do what they can to keep people hooked fleecing them on the way.

Im glad i havent been the only one to have been 'stupid' and lost so much and in a way should make us all feel a bit better and do something about it

good luck to us all!xxxx
I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU ROLAND..

#37 lita3

lita3

the dark horse

• New Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:31 PM

How can anybody possibly make a living fruit machines

sorry,not being funny,but where did i say about it making you a living?

I think unless your name is dr faustus you cant really make A living as such, but thats only my opininon
I ONLY WANTED TO HELP YOU ROLAND..

#38 Geddy

Geddy

Banned

• Banned
  • 3433 posts

Donator

Posted 18 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

I put in over £700 in rainbow riches the pots in just over 3 hours..i played 4 the pots when i got them i got silver £179.the gold was £500.i made the mistake of staying on ,but never got it..i dont play them like that now!! i learnt my lesson..i have been playing the bandits for 20 yrs now .3-5 nights a week.i have had a lot of losses .ie.£360 in electocoin 7s..we call them droppy in ones...used 2 make a good living yrs ago in the bingo hall.with the refill key.and whatever didnt take the key the lad who worked on the floor/machines used 2 check the computer upstairs 4 me.told me what was full or nearly!..fill up day on a sunday so i was always on top of them.,them days are gone so i am struggling in arcades with shit percentages..especially when u can put £122 in mazoomas x2 monopoly..the 10p £5 jackpot one..thats only the start i got so many big big losses 2 many 2 list..as 4 the wins well i gotta say the biggest was elvis b3.£35 in dropped 5 cars £500.but not many other big wins 2 shout about..cheers!!

The most I have lost was in the space of three days playing the same machine and lost 5 and a half grand in a section 16 rainbow riches with the pots at 150 -bronze, 350 - silver and 500 for the gold the maximum each pt can get to thats how i left it i only got one pot and it was bronze wen i first got on the machine for 63.24. i did not get a win over 40.
WHAT A COCK I WAS.
but to take the biscuit i kno some scruff that went on it after me and put a fiver in and played it on 50p play and won the bronze in the space of five spins after i got off. then he collected the 150 and changed back then to f*** me off some more put a tenna bk in and was playin £1 spin and won the f***in silver for 350.
but the next day in the morning was in the arcade and it happend again someone i hate only went and put a tenna in it played it at £2 spin and on last credit got the gold. was well pissed so vowed neva to play a 500 again and i have'nt.
TOLD YA I WAS A COCK FOR DOING IT
It happend over 24 months ago and still trying to pay what i owe for this mistake.

Don't worry there is a link that might help... erm no hang one must resist... :bigeyes09:

Barcrest, JPM, Bellfruit, Mazooma, Empire Games... Peter Clayton, are you reading Peter Clayton... our boys took one hell of a beating... :(

#39 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:12 PM

sorry,not being funny,but where did i say about it making you a living?

I think unless your name is dr faustus you cant really make A living as such, but thats only my opininon

It's easier than you could imagine, but then at the same time it's damn hard :bigeyes19: If that makes any sense. I've never made a living from them as I have a good career, but what I've learned in the last several years has opened my eyes to what goes on around us.

Back to the original topic anyhow. The most I've lost on 1 machine would be around the £100 mark, definatley no more as I've never touched a S16/B3 machine, they just don't do anything for me. I've always been intrigued by the AWP's with skill features and learning what's what, not just sit there and feed money into a machine and just press start.

The loss that sticks in the mind was a Fun nudgin criminal £25 JP that took £300 to get a top. it then paid out £250 plus £30 IOU from the next £70 odd for a £100 loss

#40 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 03:15 PM

Worst for me is still £430 in a single 1 hour lunch-break.

Mazooma Monopoly (S16, £2 play £500 JP), during a lunch-break, in one of my last days in a job I used to quite like.

In my defense, I was completely mentally numb with the prospect of losing my job. That's not really a defense at all, I know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users