• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 duplu

duplu

Previous Owner

• Regulars
  • 2857 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:19 PM

As my last act on the site I've uploaded some of the releases I was sent and were going to be posted for VIP members. I'll post the rest when I have time to upload them. I can't be bothered to deal with the history and "he said this" and "he said that" shit anymore or the various conspiracy theories so I'm going to call it a day. It used to be fun but it's gotten all too serious.

Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - Download: - Indiana Jones 1280WDX
Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - Download: - Addams Family 1280WDX
Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - Download: - Pink Pussy 1280WDX
Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - Download: - Dosh n Pecks 1280WDX
Fruit-Emu (Fruit Machine Emulation) - Download: - Silver Screen 1280WDX

xeepi_logo_email.png

#2 yorkie07808

yorkie07808

ReMember

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 364 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

thanks duplu.

It really bugs me when people start slagging each other off just because something isnt with in there reach. Its childish and does more harm than good.
Hello, mother. I come bearing a gift. I'll give you a hint. It's in my diaper and it's not a toaster.

Think your big enough to take on a bar of chocolate. http://yorkie7808.mybrute.com :biglaugh:

#3 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

thanks duplu. you sure its worth packing it in over petty squables?

#4 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:31 PM

your site your rules

if people disagree then they can go elsewhere :)

and ooo the fabled pink pussy is here i see o:

#5 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

TBH i didn't see the problem with releasing the layouts in the VIP section first and then releasing in the main room a few days later. As the guy said they WILL be released on the main bit of the site so everyone will get them. As a (new) layout creator myself I do what I do for fun and don't expect anything in return expect a thanks. I think this has been blown way out of proportion and should be taken with a pinch of salt.

#6 lincs1

lincs1

He Who Dares Wins

• Banned
  • 3803 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:01 PM

thanks alan ;)

#7 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:30 PM

Duplu, it's not worth quitting the scene over an argument over a few hoarded layouts.

You made a gesture, it got taken the wrong way by a few members, no harm done.

You live and learn.

Don't worry about it mate. Put it behind you and in a week it will all be forgotten.
Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#8 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:32 PM

Thanks!

#9 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:36 PM

Hi

I dont see a problem with having a VIP area for donators to get new layouts 1st, more than one of the torrent sites I use have a VIP area for donators and thay get access to top torrents 24 hours before non donataors.

I dont donate as i need the cash to keep my site going so i have to wait a day to get my mitts on the VIP torrents no big deal there.

Cliff C

#10 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 08:38 PM

The major bollock you have dropped here Duplu, is basically not keeping staff informed with what's going off, and not openly involving all staff with changes surrounding FE, and especially with this VIP farce.

The problem is, anything close to exchanging layouts for cash is just begging for trouble, something what Fruity-Talk found out, not once, but twice. Please do not make the same mistake as them.

Same with the server move, no public announcement at all with what was going off.

Keep folks informed and involved, and it will stop rumours floating about, along with many pairs of willing hands, all waiting to help.

Please do not use this as an easy excuse to jump ship. You are appreciated and wanted. All you have done is made a simple mistake, and made things worse by not keeping folks informed.

Take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I for one will still support you.

#11 hornynick

hornynick

• Regulars
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:18 PM

^^^^
Well said that man!!
I put my 2p worth into that other thread, then saw the mess that has just been posted and decided to keep out of it.
As a (fairly) new member here I hear snippets about the past disagreements/backstabbing etc that went on in the scene, but I never really cared about as I thought was in the past, but judging by the other thread obviously not.
Its not any of my business to get into the politics and what-not I just want to say that I appreciate Duplu and all the creators who put thier time and effort into this site and scene and think it would be a shame if all this ground to a halt because of literally a couple of people who cant wait a while and/or cant move on from the past.

Much Love.

#12 sdaint

sdaint

• New Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:19 PM

cheers, love some of these..

#13 exibizarep

exibizarep

• Regulars
  • 177 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:49 PM

Wow some fantastic layouts there.

Firstly I would just like to thank everyone who takes the time and effort to produce some of these amazing layouts and help recreate the fun in machines.

Secondly I must admit i havent even spoken to you before, but some people I have spoke highly of you.

From what I read this is your site, and for that I think it would be a shame that you left. At the end of the day your thought to make such a fantastic site has brought everyone here together.

At the end of the day if you mak decisions to alter some areas of the site, that is your perogative. At the end of the day people will think 'f*** you', I will make my own site.

But 9/10 these people fall flat on their face. Keep your chin up and dont let the haters get you down.

#14 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:54 PM

As my last act on the site I've uploaded some of the releases I was sent and were going to be posted for VIP members. I'll post the rest when I have time to upload them. I can't be bothered to deal with the history and "he said this" and "he said that" shit anymore or the various conspiracy theories so I'm going to call it a day. It used to be fun but it's gotten all too serious.

it doesnt matter who said what, its your site - and a damn good site too. stick to your guns m8, there are far more people behind you than you think. i may have given a point of view but thats all it is.

#15 Guest_JimmyRiddle_*

Guest_JimmyRiddle_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:28 PM

it doesnt matter who said what, its your site - and a damn good site too. stick to your guns m8, there are far more people behind you than you think. i may have given a point of view but thats all it is.

points of view dont pay the bills.

tell me, if i walked into your arcade someday soon and spouted crap would your rent get paid?

#16 Welshboyo111

Welshboyo111

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:53 PM

thanks duplu.

It really bugs me when people start slagging each other off just because something isnt with in there reach. Its childish and does more harm than good.

I totally agree mate.

#17 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:00 PM

you are right it's history and stan and trouty were always gonna try and f*** you over on this one I'm afraid.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#18 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:13 AM

you are right it's history and stan and trouty were always gonna try and f*** you over on this one I'm afraid.

Kindly review the following and adjust your crappy attitude.

http://www.fruit-emu...html#post152198

Show me where within the statement in the above am I trying to f*** Duplu / this site over.

The problem with you is, I just will not now or ever roll over and kiss your backside and tow your line of thought.

With your statement in this thread and the other related VIP thread, I feel you are just lashing out like the mardy little brat you have always been, and will NEVER entertain anyone else's point of view / thought that does not match your own.

I know where I stand, and my support towards Duplu remains in full, whatever mistakes he may / may not make.

#19 coxy

coxy

• New Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:34 AM

dont fall out guys u do a great jo blets keep it real we all want emu's

#20 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 10 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

I'm the mardy kid - you and trouty simply start blarting as loud as you can as soon as ****** is involved in anything it's pathetic and like little children. The scene hasn't moved for donkeys years and you think you can tell people they can or cannot do something because it prescribes/ doesn't prescribe to your self created rule set is simply and utterly pathetic...

You say "duplu made a mistake" in the eyes of a simple little peasant like you maybe.
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users