#1 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Easy as it sounds...

You can post anything you like, provided its not rude.

If no one else posts anything after you, for 18 hours, you win £75 paypal'ed to your account, by me :-)

Good luck!

p.s. Whats the point? Bit of fun, innit! lol.

P.p.s admins/mods feel free to move it to the "Any Topic" section, whoops ;-)

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:27 PM

Hate locking good threads but it has to be done lol

#3 Nudgeman

Nudgeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

Look around my eyes, don't look into the eyes, look around the eyes, the eyes. Oh you can't see my eyes, well just look at some pies instead. Sleep. When you wake up you will have an overwhelming urge to click the back button on your browser and pay no more attention to this thread. Around the eyes. The eyes, pies. CLICK! You're back in the room.

POLICE NOTICE: IT IS AN OFFENCE TO REPLY TO THIS POSTING. ANYONE CAUGHT REPLYING TO THIS POSTING WILL BE SHOT.

OUT OF SERVICE: THE POST REPLY BUTTONS BELOW ARE TEMPORARILY OUT OF SERVICE. WE APOLOGISE FOR ALL INCONVENIENCE CAUSED. AN ENGINEER WILL BE OUT TO FIX IT IN ABOUT 18 HOURS TIME. THANKYOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE.

Hmmmmmm considers spamming the hell out of the forum so that this thread is not on the 1st, 2nd or even third pages. No best not, the whole thing is bound to be a wind up. I vote we just forget all about it and no one says another word about the darn thing.

-------------------------Thread locked --------------- no really -------------------
@_!!

#4 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:31 PM

Hate locking good threads but it has to be done lol

LMAO!!! I was about to say i'll offer ady 25quid if he locks topic after my post but the bugger beat me to it :p

#5 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:37 PM

lol

the police know not to touch me (H)

#6 manchesterutd412

manchesterutd412

• New Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:46 PM

What a great idea sharpy this will keep the boys and girls on here busy for years:bigeyes16:

#7 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:48 PM

What a great idea sharpy this will keep the boys and girls on here busy for years:bigeyes16:

not really

some of us have been members for a few months & are quite active on here ^_^

the £75 should come here to fund the site imo

#8 dude_se

dude_se

• Regulars
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:29 AM

im bored and lonely ... i deserve the £75 just because of my crappy uni experience :p

...... end of post :bigeyes09:

#9 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:38 AM

Very interesting idea.

I'm cashing in one of my savings accounts tomorrow to finally pay off a credit card (it's logical really, my savings rate has hit f**k all, yet my credit card has jumped from 12.9% APR to 34.9(?)% APR).

£75 would go towards beers. Plenty of beers. No gambling (determined not to touch ANYTHING gambling related, as the slightest bit of gambling puts me in the wrong frame of mind).

#10 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

Black holes 'preceded galaxies'

Black holes are thought to exist at the cores of most galaxies
A cosmic chicken-and-egg question may have been solved by astronomers who now say black holes came before galaxies.

The findings were presented at a major astronomy meeting in California.

Most if not all galaxies, including our own Milky Way, are believed to have massive black holes at their cores.

It was unclear whether black holes came first, helping create galaxies by pulling matter towards them, or whether they arose in already formed galaxies.

"It looks like the black holes came first," said Dr Chris Carilli, from the US National Radio Astronomy Observatory in Socorro, New Mexico, who took part in the study. "The evidence is piling up."

The evidence was unveiled at the 213th American Astronomical Society meeting in Long Beach, California.

Earlier studies of nearby galaxies had revealed an intriguing link between the masses of black holes and the central "bulges" of stars and gas in galaxies.

Early Universe

Generally, the mass of a black hole was observed to be about 1,000th that of the mass of the surrounding galactic bulge.

This constant ratio indicated an "interactive relationship" between the black hole and the bulge, say the researchers. But it was not clear whether one grew before the other, or whether they grew together.

In the latest study, researchers used radio telescopes to peer back to near the beginning of the Universe, thought to be some 13.7 billion years ago, when the first galaxies were forming.

"We finally have been able to measure black-hole and bulge masses in several galaxies seen as they were in the first billion years after the Big Bang," said co-author Fabian Walter of the Max-Planck Institute for Radioastronomy (MPIfR) in Bonn, Germany.

"The evidence suggests that the constant ratio seen [in nearby galaxies] may not hold in the early Universe."

He added: "The implication is that the black holes started growing first."

The astronomers say the next challenge is to figure out how the black hole and the bulge affect each others' growth.

Dr Carilli said powerful new radio telescopes now under construction would help to unravel the mystery.

These include the Expanded Very Large Array (EVLA) in New Mexico and the Atacama Large Millimeter/submillimeter Array (ALMA) in Chile.

#11 Nudgeman

Nudgeman

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:22 AM

I was going to say that.
@_!!

#12 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:23 AM

This could possibly be the most annoying thread ever ;)

#13 Guest_damoc_*

Guest_damoc_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:42 AM

Could be!

#14 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 01:49 AM

Could be!

Maybe.

Looks like RB's 'Old Joke (it made me giggle)' the biggest thread on here (i think) could be under threat. :bigeyes21:

Although...after this reply the thread may "magically dissapear"..only to return 17 hrs 59 mins and 59 secs later. :bigeyes03:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#15 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

You see, its already started being quite a bit of fun! And, I promise it isn't a wind up. I know for a fact it will never be won, because people will be posting here forever, in an attempt to win!

But, of course, if it does so happen that someone wins, they will receive the money promptly.

Knowing how competitive some people get, the winner will be a longgggg way off!!

#16 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:10 AM

not really

some of us have been members for a few months & are quite active on here ^_^

the £75 should come here to fund the site imo

I've already donated, thank you! lol

p.s. and some of us have been members for years!

#17 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:29 AM

You see, its already started being quite a bit of fun! And, I promise it isn't a wind up. I know for a fact it will never be won, because people will be posting here forever, in an attempt to win!

But, of course, if it does so happen that someone wins, they will receive the money promptly.

Knowing how competitive some people get, the winner will be a longgggg way off!!

Just giving my 3 year old son typing lessons so he can carry on when I go in 40 years.

One question tho, say the site is down for some reason and its offline for say 21 hours. Will that make the last poster the winner?

#18 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:43 AM

It won't, no. I should probably update this with a proper set of rules, so that any anomalies are catered for, as I want this to be

1) fair
2) fun
3) genuine - the winner WILL receive £75

So, I'll update the first post on this thread with the rules :-)

#19 sharpy2005

sharpy2005

Advanced Member

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 488 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 02:47 AM

Ok, for some reason I can't edit the first post (possibly because the thread has been moved between sections), so, here are the rules -:

1) Post anything you like, as long as it is within the spirit of the "game".
2) If no one else posts anything for 18 hours after your post, you win £75 from me, and it will be paid via PayPal or Cheque, your choice, within 72 hours.
3) If the forum, or the whole site, is down for any reason, then the game becomes null and void, and will be restarted upon the site becoming available again.
4) If the thread is locked for any reason, then there will be no winner.
5) I reserve the right to add/remove rules as I see necessary, which will be done only in the spirit of the game.

Cheers!!

#20 DaemonX

DaemonX

The Devil's Advocate

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1869 posts

Posted 09 January 2009 - 05:18 AM

Ok, for some reason I can't edit the first post

I'm not sure if you can edit a post after someone has replied. Either that or there is a time limit to when you can actually edit a post. Admin can and Mods probably.

BTW, this thread WILL never end, it's the same as that auction site that keeps going up 18 seconds each time someone bids.
Not every pet in Pet Society is sweet and innocent....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)