102 replies to this topic

#1 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:46 AM

No snow up to now in my neck of the woods(Doncaster)but bitter cold.Been up 3 hours and only had 2 fags lol,too cold to smoke outside.Looks like a day in with the heating on full blast.
Anyone woke up to snow where you live?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#2 tommydee

tommydee

Tommy Dee

• Regulars
  • 711 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:48 AM

hey bud I know from an avi clip it was really bad in Hull, I had some in Edinburgh but not in Tyneside

#3 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:07 AM

Loads here in norfolk :mad:

#4 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:10 AM

Bit of a downer for me.All hyped up by the media, then nothing.Half expected some snow fun in the garden with my son.Never mind:bigeyes01:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#5 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:27 AM

Cant make its mind up down here (se kent) snow one min then rain the next

#6 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

arghhhhhhhh snowing now!!!!
Deano if you want some snow come to norfolk and get some if ya want... take it all!!! lollolo

#7 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:30 AM

Cant make its mind up down here (se kent) snow one min then rain the next

Bleeding sun is out now.Jesus.
Love snow and wanted to take my new cat out to play.He is only 7months old and never seen snow before.Would have had some fun.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#8 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:32 AM

well lets swap houses then...Ill have ye sun and you have me snow, deal done :)

#9 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:34 AM

Started here last night about 1am..by the time i went to my bed there was a fair covering..got up this morning and its all away..I so wanted to duck the missus as well. :bigeyes06:

Think ye can see why its snowing in Norfolk Kriss Met Office: British Isles: Rainfall radar :lol:
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#10 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:37 AM

Yeah holy snow drops lol

#11 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:39 AM

Its that nice I'm going to peg some washing out.
A womans work is never done lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#12 Zoltar

Zoltar

Former Fat Bastard.....

• Gold Supporters
  • 1810 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:42 AM

Took the kids back home to the ex-wifes and passing through the University area of Hull, the student digs, there was dozens of people, most of an oriental background possibly here from countries a lot warmer taking photo's of the 2mm of snow we got yesterday evening.

Woke up this morning and that 2mm is now about an inch here. Been along time since I've seen this much snow but this is bugger all to what we used to have prior 1985. This is just a dusting.

Back when I was a lad here in Hull, the out lying villages were sometimes cut off. Snowfall was measured in 'feet' back then rather than inches. Proper blizzards where even going to school, just less than half a mile away was a massive adventure. Sometimes, not even being able to go due to the conditions.

It is hard to explain to those members here who are under 25. People like me, Dad and Ady, although not all that much older than 25 LOL, but we used to have snow that fell in 1 single day, a couple of feet, snow drifts half way up the back door, and it would take up to a fortnight to melt. Maybe it's global warming that saves us from these types of snowfall. But to be honest, if you're under 25, you haven't even come close to what we had when I was a kid.
Posted Image

#13 todd1970

todd1970

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 6818 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:44 AM

Took the kids back home to the ex-wifes and passing through the University area of Hull, the student digs, there was dozens of people, most of an oriental background possibly here from countries a lot warmer taking photo's of the 2mm of snow we got yesterday evening.

Woke up this morning and that 2mm is now about an inch here. Been along time since I've seen this much snow but this is bugger all to what we used to have prior 1985. This is just a dusting.

Back when I was a lad here in Hull, the out lying villages were sometimes cut off. Snowfall was measured in 'feet' back then rather than inches. Proper blizzards where even going to school, just less than half a mile away was a massive adventure. Sometimes, not even being able to go due to the conditions.

It is hard to explain to those members here who are under 25. People like me, Dad and Ady, although not all that much older than 25 LOL, but we used to have snow that fell in 1 single day, a couple of feet, snow drifts half way up the back door, and it would take up to a fortnight to melt. Maybe it's global warming that saves us from these types of snowfall. But to be honest, if you're under 25, you haven't even come close to what we had when I was a kid.

Yup agreed Zoltar..them were the days huh...power cuts the lot. :)
Mmmmmm...Sandy ive 'ad her ye know. :)

#14 curlywill

curlywill

• Regulars
  • 1220 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:45 AM

did get a little bit of snow in kent. only layed a tiny bit then it started to rain then snow then rain for an hour now its tipping down with rain.

#15 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:48 AM

I fall in this category and can remember snow that hung around for weeks.My dad digging the paths clear and not a car moving off our cul-de-sac for days.Used to go sledging on a steep hill at the bottom of my mum and dads street.Them were the days.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#16 kriss

kriss

Creator Of Stuff

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2735 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:51 AM

I can just about remember a few times there being very deep snow. didn't mind it then when I was a kid use to go out playing snowball fights and slegding. :D

#17 ForYouToEnvy

ForYouToEnvy

Prince says....Raghead

• Regulars
  • 902 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:03 AM

God yea i remember as a kid mid 70's to mid 80's some snowfalls that were deeper then my hight, also remember early 80's school closing early for easter due to many feet of snow....those were the days

#18 Guest_DAD_*

Guest_DAD_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:42 AM

Aye Zoltar, I can remember when I was a kid living in Aberdeen snow being piled up at the side of the road about 6 feet tall when the snow ploughs had done their job. Also making my way to school with the snow being deeper than the tops of my wellies. I can also remember opening our front door and seeing a solid wall of snow and then having to dig our way out.

You just don't see that type of weather any more thankfully. I bloody hate snow!!

#19 Deano

Deano

BANNED FOR LIFE

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 10:54 AM

A pic taken minutes ago from my bedroom window
Attached File  houses.jpg   82.82KB   34 downloads

Cheers to ady on helping me resize my photos:star::thumbs_up::beer:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#20 fruitmachineemu

fruitmachineemu

ITS GOLDEN GAME TIME

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:30 AM

ok the night time ones was last night and the day time one was this morning at 9:00

and a freeeeezing

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users