Deal or No Deal (Any Machines) - Big 5, Big Reds, Beat the banker etc etc

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#21 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 08:33 AM

Reguarding the amount of DOND machines there appears to be 29 models across all the categories.

#22 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 09:48 AM

i dont see what the problem is anyway. i know the likes of big reds, etc suck, but i just cant stop playing them due to temptation. having emulated versions will obviously decrease the amount of people gambling, but in a way thats a good thing. people cant afford to gamble big amounts in pubs, and just increasing the stakes all the time isnt helping. makers need to stop being so selfish. i know the economy sucks right now, but maybe if they gave players more of what they wanted things wouldnt be so bad. i say dual jackpots ftw. a low and a high one, same with stakes.
having emulated versions will just encourage people to work out tips and tricks anyway, so may be likely to carry on playing as normal.

Something I've long since wondered about.

In theory, if the current stake / jackpot ratio is £1 to £70, then there is no reason machines couldn't be dual staked at 10p / £7 (a bit less than the £8 jackpot of years gone by), or with a bit of manipulation, 20p / £15. I'd would involve having 2 RAM files instead of one, and a different decal setup, and perhaps a dual coloured 'box' reel, where instead of being red, it would be red for higher stake and blue for lower stake. The Crazy Chair type 7 segment displays for the boxes would be fine as they would change values depending on the stake anyway.

#23 cliffc

cliffc

• Regulars
  • 946 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:27 AM

I never thought I'd see the day Gary said the above....

Finally he has seen the light and is being swayed away from the devil that is DOND....

Hi Deamon X

No what he actually means is that this DOND has not got an empter so this is why he dont like it lol

Cliff C

#24 dude_se

dude_se

• Regulars
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

Something I've long since wondered about.

In theory, if the current stake / jackpot ratio is £1 to £70, then there is no reason machines couldn't be dual staked at 10p / £7 (a bit less than the £8 jackpot of years gone by), or with a bit of manipulation, 20p / £15. I'd would involve having 2 RAM files instead of one, and a different decal setup, and perhaps a dual coloured 'box' reel, where instead of being red, it would be red for higher stake and blue for lower stake. The Crazy Chair type 7 segment displays for the boxes would be fine as they would change values depending on the stake anyway.

exactly. would appeal to more people, therefore making them more money, and we would get more entertainment. its simple really :)

#25 mart1711

mart1711

• Regulars
  • 132 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 03:29 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Im afraid the above is just not true. Lower stakes/jackpots, although perhaps more enjoyable for the player, would ALMOST CERTAINLY speed up the inevitable end of the AWP as we know it. These machines exist only to make money, not a public entertainment service. Therefore higher stake > higher cash throughput > higher cashbox takings. With the lease and license cost of these machines so high now a reduction in stake would just see pubs etc just not having them in. Only recently in my local pub the SWP was more profitable than the AWP machine. Also AFAIK the DOND license was a snip for BFM, a figure of a mere 800,000 and 25 per unit was bounded around on the boards(?)

#26 dude_se

dude_se

• Regulars
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:02 PM

surely people who wanted to gamble for bigger jackpots would carry on as normal? especially if there was a £70 jackpot in there somewhere.
if anything, the government need to do something about it. dual stakes/jackpots would help reduce the gambling problems. maybe i was a bit wrong saying that profits would increase, but having a higher stake, and a lower stake might just keep the balance. is 3 stakes/jackpots possible?

#27 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 04:53 PM

Reguarding the amount of DOND machines there appears to be 29 models across all the categories.

ZOMG!!

29 machines of pure evil :devil:

#28 djajb

djajb

• New Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:21 PM

bring back Fireball & Dungeons & Dragqueens type machines!

#29 mart1711

mart1711

• Regulars
  • 132 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 08:52 PM

i like those machines, but for me fruit machines were at their height around the great escape/donkey kong era...

#30 piesthecat

piesthecat

Creator'N'Stuff

• Regulars
  • 1047 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 12:59 AM

i dont see what the problem is anyway. i know the likes of big reds, etc suck, but i just cant stop playing them due to temptation. having emulated versions will obviously decrease the amount of people gambling, but in a way thats a good thing. people cant afford to gamble big amounts in pubs, and just increasing the stakes all the time isnt helping. makers need to stop being so selfish. i know the economy sucks right now, but maybe if they gave players more of what they wanted things wouldnt be so bad. i say dual jackpots ftw. a low and a high one, same with stakes.
having emulated versions will just encourage people to work out tips and tricks anyway, so may be likely to carry on playing as normal.

you have got a point but the manerfactures will lose out on thousands due to machines not selling at proper numbers. as u see no 1 can get an high enough format to run dond
so sorry
but might be avaliable inn couple years :D

#31 carlosgee

carlosgee

• Regulars
  • 1005 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:12 AM

DOND i enjoyed when they first hit the market, but the amusement industry is becoming saturated with Noel and his games, they are all so predictable now and the only time i play is when i can see the imprint behing the dond reel so i can see whats in my box, other if i play i stick to 10p play with £6.80 on mega streak lol
http://www.wwe.com/w...enov08/8662404/ 8th pic on the first row...me perving with me cam on maria

#32 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:31 AM

You know what, im surprised they havent made one called DOND- The Bankers Gamble. Cause they have used every other catchphrase!

#33 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 09:43 AM

No that would mean they'd have to actually sit down and think about it. Nope the latest DOND to hit the pubs soon is????????

Double deal or no deal!!!!

2 DOND boards instead of 1. An absolute Joke!!!

#34 skello

skello

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:13 AM

is it true there are cheats for this machine?
sorry if im not supposed to ask. its just iv seen someone selling it on *bay.
if im not supposed to ask then feel free to delete this reply

#35 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:17 AM

Yes there are for some
No you shouldn't ask here
It gets put on ebay because they're getting re-chipped so people try to desperatley rip other people off with info that won't work on 90% of units.

#36 voodoomau5

voodoomau5

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 860 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:59 AM

Don't you be dissin deal or no deal ;):L

#37 skello

skello

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:00 AM

ok i apologise for the post. just wanted some info.
thanks anyway.
ps is there any of the random machines on this site to d/l if so which em do i need

#38 DarkCable

DarkCable

• Regulars
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:19 AM

Hey all thought i would add my 2p in this, DOND machines are here for one reason to rip the f*** out you.

Ive played about 10 different ones and all have ripped me a new arsehole, and because of noel and his deep boxes ive now lost all interest in fruit machines and would rather put 30 quid on a horse than shove it in any machine just to give some fat **** sitting in his mansion a new toothbrush for his dog :)

Any way my point f*** noel and his deep boxes and keep clear !! Bring back the Old days of playing a 5p 5 pound jackpot they were fun machines.!!!

#39 hurricane

hurricane

• Regulars
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:46 AM

Has anybody had experience playing the club versions, cause i wouldn't made trying one, its just that i have yet to come across one.

#40 DarkCable

DarkCable

• Regulars
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 11:59 AM

Has anybody had experience playing the club versions, cause i wouldn't made trying one, its just that i have yet to come across one.

ive not played it but i sat and watched a poor sap put in over hundred quid and not get a penny back, and to his anger a guy who was also watching went up put a tenner in and got 250 quid out it.. What happens a suppose.
i aint got any idea to what the machine name was all i know is it was a DOND.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users