Barcrest MPU6?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:56 PM

Ive been reading with interest that there is now a mpu6.
Does this mean that in 12 months or so that there will be a lot more mpu5 emus?
or will barcrest continue to use the mpu5 for sometime to come making it still a grey area?

this question is directed more towards the engineers on this site such as bazz as they will be more in the know than the rest of us.
also if they have there hands on on of these mpu6, then any chance of some specs? i only ask because being an ex engineer i do like to try and keep upto date
Former Fruit Machine Engineer.<br /><br /> 1988-2004.

#2 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:51 PM

Is there an MPU6?

If so, I don't think it's used on any of their AWP (reel based at least) stuff at the minute.

#3 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:56 PM

i may be wrong but i think that its in use in the Ca$hino Delux model

#4 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

OK dont hold me to any of this. But, MPU6 from what I have heard is nothing more than mpu5 with more protection bolted on and all kinds of security toys.

IE - serial linking
Network capability
Some kind of alarm system where it can let you know remotely that someone is f*****g with it.

It's all been carried out by IGT (a US based company that own crest) and has been done for no other reason than the fact that theyre paranoid americans who will put in as much protection to protect whats theirs as they can.

One of their US systems use 4 cpus and 16 eproms, Bally use 24 eproms, just to give you an idea (and those uber complex systems run pull arm slot machines).

Overkill as usual from the Americans.
Not to be confused with illiterate f***wipes.

#5 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:39 PM

OK dont hold me to any of this. But, MPU6 from what I have heard is nothing more than mpu5 with more protection bolted on and all kinds of security toys.

IE - serial linking
Network capability
Some kind of alarm system where it can let you know remotely that someone is f*****g with it.

It's all been carried out by IGT (a US based company that own crest) and has been done for no other reason than the fact that theyre paranoid americans who will put in as much protection to protect whats theirs as they can.

One of their US systems use 4 cpus and 16 eproms, Bally use 24 eproms, just to give you an idea (and those uber complex systems run pull arm slot machines).

Overkill as usual from the Americans.

LOL, your prob right. if thats the case then the next "true" new mpu from barcrest will prob be a fully fleged pc with all the bells and whistles in one compact unit with full networking for updates etc.., and not a mpu and pc bolted together as they do now on some machines

#6 mythicos

mythicos

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

LOL, your prob right. if thats the case then the next "true" new mpu from barcrest will prob be a fully fleged pc with all the bells and whistles in one compact unit with full networking for updates etc.., and not a mpu and pc bolted together as they do now on some machines

They already have that system. What do you think runs the S16s?
Not to be confused with illiterate f***wipes.

#7 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:22 PM

yeah no mpu 6 has hit any machines or appeared at any of the trade shows as yet but barcrest and the rest of manus are gearing towards complete pc's.

mind you barcrest still used mpu 5 and a pc in rainbow riches.

baz

#8 edwardb

edwardb

• Regulars
  • 223 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

No company in their right mind would make a new MPU system for spin-reel now when you can buy off-the-shelf boards for under a ton. MPU6 is mentioned in Barcrest literature but AFAIK it's just MPU5 with knobs on, now that MPU5 has been cracked (which happened years ago, incidentally).

The future is Linux based PC and an I/O board for hoppers/acceptors/buttons etc.

I'm amazed BFG developed Scorp 5, I'd just have used a custom varient of Pluto6..

#9 shaun2097

shaun2097

• Regulars
  • 993 posts

Posted 10 March 2008 - 08:34 PM

They already have that system. What do you think runs the S16s?

the current system in s16 is a separte pc and mpu NOT an all in one solution

#10 fruityscott

fruityscott

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2009 - 01:43 PM

We've got a few machines on site with the new mpu6. They are alot better than mpu5 in the aspect that it tells you the problem rather than displaying it with the red/green light method.

Although as they are new when you get a problem it's not so easily fixed.

A tip for anyone with an mpu6 is that if the internal battery goes you cannot replace as i found out the hard way and am now waiting for a new flashed mpu6.

#11 James

James

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 263 posts

Donator

Posted 21 December 2009 - 04:16 PM

Barcrest Group News :: HORIZON PLUS GIVES CUSTOMERS MORE!

The introduction of MPU6 technology has brought added features to Horizon Plus. Security has been strengthened by the provision of industry standard CC Talk with enhancements and full iButton functionality, which also makes for easier operation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users