• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Chris_010292

Chris_010292

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 01:37 PM

Hi all, this has always bugged me, (most likely as I am still at School and too young), but how exactly do people manage to start up a Business where they sell and buy Fruit Machines all the time?

#2 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

You go to the company that makes the machines and you pay lots of money for one. You then list it on ebay and charge a fortune hopeing some mug will part with more cash to buy it from you. You then use this money to get pissed or you buy another machine or maybe a couple of older cheaper machines and sell these for a profit. End of the day you need lots of money to start out, and you end up with very little profit at the end.
Save your money, buy shares in the company that makes the machines, sit back until some school kid with big ideas wants to buy and sell machines. You get a share of the profits and make more money than him.

Come here to post jokes, oh and to play the occasional frutie.

#3 richy76

richy76

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:12 PM

You can get a decent machine for £100-200 on ebay.
But Brand new machines can cost over £2000 each.

#4 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:18 PM

licences will set u back by about 5200 renew it every 3 years 3600 with this there is different channels to go through.

1 an arcade will you need to go to the Council what business that you are setting up ie arcade and complete and may have to go through the corts in local arcade say in the middle of a high street,i think sea front this different ask nails about that one.

2 buying and selling machines to other companys very small op`s
3 buying and selling machines to the public
4 site the machines in a pub will cost you 795 for every £25/35 machine and remember you have to buy the machine and service it parts ect. with a arcade thats also the same but with b3 i think nails will help you on this one about 1695 for each one

there is also a lot of legal stuff to so £10/15k is a small start

ps remember that pubs that you would site would only be free trade to start,to site like fullers,green king ect a good couple of million will help don`t for get the site may want bars,casters,note acceptors, software up dates,replace the hole machine if some smashes it up
.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#5 bladefan2

bladefan2

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • Pip
  • 321 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:29 PM

it makes you think then with all the outgoings whether or not it is worth setting up your own arcade - i just wonder how much money arcades make in a typical week - even if they were on 70% minimum!!!

#6 richy76

richy76

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

I worked in a small buisness arcade up until 1999, it was taking about £2000 a week, about £800 was for overheads & the rest was profit.
It was doing quite well until 2 more arcades run by big boys opened up the road, then the takings went down to about £800 a week if lucky & we ended up closing down.

The big firms are in control now with all their ££££££££££'s so its not worth trying to take them on unless you have millions otherwise you will lose.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users