48 replies to this topic

#21 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 01:43 PM

quick word of note on this one, seems that many are buying this cos of its amazing mp3/video playback ability in a lovely design with multi touch, the fact that its a phone too seems to be just a die advantage.

Don't forget iPod are about to launch the iPod Touch here in the UK for the end of the month which will basically do all the mp3/video playback features but for a fair amount less.

Of course if you want all in one then fair enough but if you dont mind having the phone seperate then the iPod touch might be a better option

point taken, and yes he ipod touch does look good, however I really do want a one stop shop with a phone.

Ben yes, it is moulded.

I get mine on Monday, so if anyone wants any detalils, pictures etc... id be happy to post
Posted Image

---------------------------------------------------

"Yippee Ki Ya Kimasabi"..

#22 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 02:24 PM

point taken, and yes he ipod touch does look good, however I really do want a one stop shop with a phone.

Ben yes, it is moulded.

I get mine on Monday, so if anyone wants any detalils, pictures etc... id be happy to post

So basically they are forcing people to use Apple headphones (which never have fitted in my ears). Screw that.

I'll wait to see if Sony / Nokia or even a company like Creative come up with an alternative.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#23 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:03 PM

:lol: Even if you had an iPhone youd have to carry another phone to make up for what the iPhone lacks.

I continue my hate for the loathesome things.

Every iPhone should have its own Blendtec blender

YouTube - Will It Blend? - iPhone

You might like this Ben as you like destructive things :)

Dont be sheep people :)

Andy
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#24 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 03:16 PM

i used to be very much into this all in one idea of phones, when i worked in the phone shops i was always getting the latest phones.

However i have since realised there is just no substitute for seperating them. I have a Casio Exilim S770 now which is thinner than my phone and the same size in every other dimension. Yet its a 7 megapixel and takes better pics than any phone ever could, plus many more functions.

As far as MP3 player goes, i've found the W850 to be a bit lacking in place of some stand alone MP3 players, it does a decent enough job but not quite good enough.

The iPhone seems to be more of an MP3 player with built in phone rather than phone with built in MP3 player. As such the phone starts to lack some of its functions. 3G is essential to me, i can use it to find out sports information on the run, plus it ties in with my TomTom to give me up to date traffic info on there, invaluable....

I have never really been a fan of apple products but I might just get myself an iTouch

I mean £199 for an 8GB iTouch against how much for an iPhone?

#25 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:11 PM

i used to be very much into this all in one idea of phones, when i worked in the phone shops i was always getting the latest phones.

However i have since realised there is just no substitute for seperating them. I have a Casio Exilim S770 now which is thinner than my phone and the same size in every other dimension. Yet its a 7 megapixel and takes better pics than any phone ever could, plus many more functions.

As far as MP3 player goes, i've found the W850 to be a bit lacking in place of some stand alone MP3 players, it does a decent enough job but not quite good enough.

The iPhone seems to be more of an MP3 player with built in phone rather than phone with built in MP3 player. As such the phone starts to lack some of its functions. 3G is essential to me, i can use it to find out sports information on the run, plus it ties in with my TomTom to give me up to date traffic info on there, invaluable....

I have never really been a fan of apple products but I might just get myself an iTouch

I mean £199 for an 8GB iTouch against how much for an iPhone?

You will either be into apple or not, i cant get my head why people despise them so much. i changed my mind about apple products when I decided to try them. I will NEVER NEVER go back.

Every man to themselves, but please try the products before you slate them. Then and only then will I debate your comments. Why despise the iphone?? i dont understand!!!! i played about with it for hours last night and actually seeing it and touching it, the thing is an absolute work of art. Sure it lacks some features, but so does everything. When do you ever buy something these days and 3 weeks later there is something better. Anyway I talked to orange today and there 2.5G orange edge service is totally compatible with Iphone, so top marks there.

tell me DRT what it lacks that i would require of another phone??? I think your statement is a bit far fetched there. Why do you Loath the thing, has it offended you in any way, has it dropped a nuke on your house. Its a f*****g phone for god sake.
Posted Image

#26 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:14 PM

So basically they are forcing people to use Apple headphones (which never have fitted in my ears). Screw that.

I'll wait to see if Sony / Nokia or even a company like Creative come up with an alternative.

sorry Ben, i misread your post, We had this plugged in to my mates earphones last night, Sony to be precise, so no you do not have to use Apples
Posted Image

#27 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

What are everyones thought of this horrible bit of kit?

Think its just come out in the US and I've had a read up about it.

As usual Apple leans towards style and not functionality.

So far its not got........

Autofocus on the camera.

Led flash.

You can't select songs as ringtones.

Games.

IM support.

Video recording.

MMS.

Plus a few more things, Its only got a 2megapixel camera which other phones have had for years.

Avoid!

Andy

Autofocus Focus is fine and automatic

LED Flash Who gives a f***

MP3 Ringtones/Song It certainly does let you choose any music file

Games Is this really necessary????

IM Support IM works perfect on this

Video recording Application is available to record on iphone

MMS Agree with you on this one fella.
Posted Image

#28 dtrmad2004

dtrmad2004

Total

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1485 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:29 PM

Autofocus Focus is fine and automatic

LED Flash Who gives a f***

MP3 Ringtones/Song It certainly does let you choose any music file

Games Is this really necessary????

IM Support IM works perfect on this

Video recording Application is available to record on iphone

MMS Agree with you on this one fella.

Heh, posted that when it was due to come out and got the info from some other site so I dunno on some of em. There has probably been updates since then.

The Flash is a must have! even if its not a proper flash. The Led flash on my w800 has come in useful time and time again. Not just for taking pictures but to use as a torch.

My main point was that in the day and age where 2 megapixel cameras have been out for years and included with many many cheaper phones, why release this at the price it is with such a camera.

Andy
<a class='bbc_url' href='<a class='bbc_url' href='http://profile.mygam...trmad2004'></a>Posted Image</a><br /><br />Don't gamble with the Recession!

#29 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:34 PM

Heh, posted that when it was due to come out and got the info from some other site so I dunno on some of em. There has probably been updates since then.

The Flash is a must have! even if its not a proper flash. The Led flash on my w800 has come in useful time and time again. Not just for taking pictures but to use as a torch.

My main point was that in the day and age where 2 megapixel cameras have been out for years and included with many many cheaper phones, why release this at the price it is with such a camera.

Andy

one of my only faults would be the 2mp camera, but I dont really use them, so it did not bother me really. Ill keep you posted on any other faults and niggles i find when i start using it. But until now as I said earlier, I am very impressed.

Cheers
Posted Image

#30 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 14 September 2007 - 06:47 PM

i dont despise apple products at all, ive just never had any need for them. The iTouch intruiges me and could prove very useful. I have been put off in the past with their software. iTunes seemed to be wholly condemed for some time. Now if it works with my already exisiting *ahem* albums then it'll be perfect :D

#31 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:08 AM

How did they sell 25000 if these :S

# A bloated 700MB interface
# No cut, copy, or paste
# A 2 megapixel, non-AF, flashless camera which can't record video.
# No voice dialling
# No MMS
# No IM
# Cannot delete individual messages.
# Non-replacable battery.
# No 3G.
Wi-fi does not make up for that.
# You can't buy songs from the phone. You'll need a computer for that.
# No games!
# The virtual keyboard doesn't beat the real thing - nor standard T9.
# No IrDA.
# No OBEX!!!!
# Poor screen legibility
# Finger-touch screen, with no keypad.
Music phone?
# Remote control – none available for the iPhone;
# Ability to plug in any 3.5 mm compatible headphones without adapters (jack mounted on a headset or the device itself). The iPhone actually retains one, but it was intentionally recessed, so as to prevent the users from connecting custom earphones and force them to buy new from the company – a very limited choice, mediocre quality (especially true for the default headphones), well, no good
# No A2DP
# Direct music uploads – the iPhone doesn’t deliver this feature, you are down to iTunes, which requires synchronisation every time
# Getting music from friends over Bluetooth – disabled in the iPhone
# Extremely poor non-stereo speakers
# The one speaker that does come with it is extremely low-volume.
# Dedicated music keys on the casing – the iPhone comes with its touch-screen alone.
# No video calling

#32 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:33 AM

Simple, it looks rather nice..shame its a shite phone!

I've had my iPod Touch for a couple of months now and must say I absolutely love it. Its been extremely funcitonal and also very useful.

and as I keep saying its everything the iPhone is without actually having the phone and shite camera functions. So if its the image thing that people want, save yourself a fortune and get one of these instead. I've had countless times where i have been asked if its the iPhone so if you are that vain then you can pretend it is......

#33 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:54 AM

would not change mine if you paid me. Very happy with it, loaded it full of extras, got edge working on mine, which quite frankly beates the shit out of 3G, i have tested my wifes connection on her N95 to my edge connection and I have soccor saturday in rich graphics loaded quicker than the weather wap page.

As said earlier, everyone to there own and every phone has its faults, but get one first then slate it, this will and has been a big winner for Apple.

TBH half of those things you mention it lacks have been broken anyway, I got any mp3 or mp4 ringtone i want. Plus MMS update out next week.

G
Posted Image

#34 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 10:58 AM

How did they sell 25000 if these :S

# A bloated 700MB interface
# No cut, copy, or paste
# A 2 megapixel, non-AF, flashless camera which can't record video.
# No voice dialling
# No MMS
# No IM
# Cannot delete individual messages.
# Non-replacable battery.
# No 3G.
Wi-fi does not make up for that.
# You can't buy songs from the phone. You'll need a computer for that.
# No games!
# The virtual keyboard doesn't beat the real thing - nor standard T9.
# No IrDA.
# No OBEX!!!!
# Poor screen legibility
# Finger-touch screen, with no keypad.
Music phone?
# Remote control – none available for the iPhone;
# Ability to plug in any 3.5 mm compatible headphones without adapters (jack mounted on a headset or the device itself). The iPhone actually retains one, but it was intentionally recessed, so as to prevent the users from connecting custom earphones and force them to buy new from the company – a very limited choice, mediocre quality (especially true for the default headphones), well, no good
# No A2DP
# Direct music uploads – the iPhone doesn’t deliver this feature, you are down to iTunes, which requires synchronisation every time
# Getting music from friends over Bluetooth – disabled in the iPhone
# Extremely poor non-stereo speakers
# The one speaker that does come with it is extremely low-volume.
# Dedicated music keys on the casing – the iPhone comes with its touch-screen alone.
# No video calling

you have obviously not seen the latest update, allowing music purchase direct from the iphone !! or the downloadable update for IM, Shit Interface!!!! f*** me im glad XP never went on!!.
Posted Image

#35 GaryChandler

GaryChandler

Banned

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 11:09 AM

f*** buying a phone just because its got a good mp3 player or whatever.

This phones a joke.

#36 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:51 PM

would not change mine if you paid me. Very happy with it, loaded it full of extras, got edge working on mine, which quite frankly beates the shit out of 3G, i have tested my wifes connection on her N95 to my edge connection and I have soccor saturday in rich graphics loaded quicker than the weather wap page.

As said earlier, everyone to there own and every phone has its faults, but get one first then slate it, this will and has been a big winner for Apple.

TBH half of those things you mention it lacks have been broken anyway, I got any mp3 or mp4 ringtone i want. Plus MMS update out next week.

G

3rd party addons for something that should have them as standard does not make up for the firmware and lacking hardware that phone does less than my K810i hybrid and mine was hundreds of pounds cheaper and not a house brick. Bet in a years time the non user changable battery is f***ed and you'll need to fork out £50 to Apple for a new one.

#37 Guest_altharic_*

Guest_altharic_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2007 - 12:53 PM

And I am sorry but this is a f*****g joke!

Apple’s High Tech SIM Card Replacement Tools - SlashGear

#38 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

f*** buying a phone just because its got a good mp3 player or whatever.

This phones a joke.

Gary I appriciate your view, but this phone is not a joke, I have had mine for over 6 weeks now and love every minute of it. How much did you pay for yours by the way??? or are you just slating Apple for the fun of it..
Posted Image

#39 mrgspot

mrgspot

Fancy It Ladies, Oh Yeah

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 660 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:49 PM

3rd party addons for something that should have them as standard does not make up for the firmware and lacking hardware that phone does less than my K810i hybrid and mine was hundreds of pounds cheaper and not a house brick. Bet in a years time the non user changable battery is f***ed and you'll need to fork out £50 to Apple for a new one.

I totally agree Alt, but who gives a f***, it has been enjoyable picking the software I require, rather than deleting the syuff I dont require.

Understand your views though, but as an Apple lover, we are drawn between two viewpoints, so personally no body will ever be right, apart from the tossers who selll the product and make no end of loot.!!
Posted Image

#40 Jimmy_mac

Jimmy_mac

Court Jester

• Regulars
  • 1649 posts

Posted 25 November 2007 - 02:49 PM

just seems far too overpriced for its funcionality, as a mobile phone goes apart from its interface its quite a way behind the general phones that are out at the moment.

To sign up to an 18 month contract and have to fork out a fair whack initially is a bit excessive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users