• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Chris_010292

Chris_010292

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:21 PM

Has anybody wodered why we get Fruit Machines at all different prices of play for example one may be 25p a go another may be 50p a go and in the end why cant there just be one simple price of play because we all know that all fruit machines eventually pay out their 70% legal percentage, so why?

#2 skabaz

skabaz

Engineer of the World

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2778 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:30 PM

one word

variety

baz

#3 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:33 PM

Maybe because some people can't afford 50p a spin? I know I can't and I'm earning a good wage. 5p a go for me now. When I do play.
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#4 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

the only thing ive ever wondered, is who the hell plays fruit machines on 5p play.

i wonder how long it will be before some bright spark put a £35 jp machine out on 5p play.

#5 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:17 PM

Has anybody wodered why we get Fruit Machines at all different prices of play for example one may be 25p a go another may be 50p a go and in the end why cant there just be one simple price of play because we all know that all fruit machines eventually pay out their 70% legal percentage, so why?

Most recent AWPs (if not all of them) up the percentage by 6% (typically from 78% > 84%) when played at the higher 50p/play instead of the usual 25 or 30p/play.

However I've had a couple of shots on the new 50p/£35 machines in local pubs and they've played like utter crap on the 50p - enough to make me not tocuh one ever again.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#6 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:19 PM

the only thing ive ever wondered, is who the hell plays fruit machines on 5p play.

i wonder how long it will be before some bright spark put a £35 jp machine out on 5p play.

Theres a QPS machine I played recently on MFME, could have been Cops N Robbers. Anyway, theres definately a 10p/£25 on there, so 5p/£35 seems slightly more realistic, albeit a bit mad.

Mind you, I'd play a Club machine on 5p/£75 if there were one sited locally, no questions asked, and I used to have loads of success on 10p/£25 multi-stake BFMs - like Bullseye, Hill Billionaire, e.t.c.
Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#7 mrmystery83

mrmystery83

Ho, Ho, Ho Merry Xmas!

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1098 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:54 PM

It would mean getting rid of some of the classics that are only available on lower JP's. It's good fun hunting those ones out when you go in a new arcade. As has already been said sometimes you don't want to spend a fortune when you play the machines, just a few quid. So the lower JP machines are ideal. Plus they're good for beginners to learn the ropes at a good price :D
Ey Up!

More vids to be added soon:
www.youtube.com/mrmystery83

"I don't care if the fans rip the shirt from my back. They put it there"

-Elvis

#8 serviceenginner

serviceenginner

• New Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

try playing a 5p £100 then

#9 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

ive played 30p £5, damn good streaks involved there..

#10 CrAzYbAr

CrAzYbAr

Japan bound

• Gold Supporters
  • 2640 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:50 PM

Most I sis was a 25p £5 vivid...Good play from that and doesn't cost much for a fair board

This is a site for EMULATION purposes of older machines. Not playing strategies.
If you are more interested in playing modern machines,
visit Jackpottyforums

(DOND is around now on this site..... How long was this sig out of date...!)

#11 Chris_010292

Chris_010292

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:12 PM

It's weird, as all machines pay out the same in the end, correct me if i'm wrong, no matter what the price of play, they still play the same, you can put £5 in a 10p machine and win £2 and put £5 in a 30p machine and win £2, so why are machines set at all different types of prices per go?

#12 jamesb99_1999

jamesb99_1999

Designed Layabout

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2176 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:18 PM

I think the best ones are £5 a play £5 jackpot - I keep coming out £1.25 down each spin? Don't know what that's about ;)
J<br /><br /><br /><br />A man

#13 Chris_010292

Chris_010292

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 08:37 PM

Maybe it's because the 10p ones save up for higher wins from top features and 25p ones streak more often?

#14 Gazeyre1966

Gazeyre1966

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3001 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:06 PM

You work it out Minimotochris.

It's not hard. Lots of other people, not as rich as yourself, like to play fruities..and that means a lower stake. :)
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 12px;'>It's all done in the best possible taste. :bigeyes04:</span></span>

#15 bri365

bri365

Master Joker

• Regulars
  • 724 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:11 PM

At work we have club cluedo. 5p play, £100 jackpot. It's been there about six months now and I've jacked it five times. jackpot comes out about once every two weeks.

#16 impact

impact

Error 9.4

• Regulars
  • 1280 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 01:36 AM

try 50p or £1 ago on £1000 i gave up lossed about £50 on a wild dragon if you think sec16/21 are bad try one of these babes eat money like pac man to the power pill old as the hills these are
.._-=It`s not a problem only a challenge =-_..

#17 RegularPlayer

RegularPlayer

• New Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 07 August 2007 - 11:24 PM

I think a universal stake/prize would be a very boreing thing!

Stakes/prizes in my are not oppinion played about with nearly enough by opperators.
But then again I think we are all filled with brilliant idea's of what we would do if we owned our own arcade!

I remember when one of my locals changed a couple of its old JPM's to 2p play £2 JP... this was done because they were not getting much action and someone decided to have a play with them before replaceing them with new machines.... But supprise supprise even if they had wanted to have replace them they would have had trouble finding a time when they wernt being punted. They ended up takeing more than any of the 5p play machines in the arcade.

Did the locals punt them? Did they f*** - They were a £2 JP - variation is the key.

in the same sence.

Offering a club machine on a 5p play £75 - £100 JP would offer great value to the player - but the liscene on a club machine is pretty high - and when put in the situation to make the choice most oppertaos will take the the more proftable choice.

Low stake - High Jackpot also means SLOOOOOOW play... £10 worth of 5p spins without a feature or significant win is dull dull dull.

#18 Jamesbond_007838

Jamesbond_007838

Option Explicit

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 348 posts

Posted 08 August 2007 - 12:36 PM

Offering a club machine on a 5p play £75 - £100 JP would offer great value to the player - but the liscene on a club machine is pretty high - and when put in the situation to make the choice most oppertaos will take the the more proftable choice.

Low stake - High Jackpot also means SLOOOOOOW play... £10 worth of 5p spins without a feature or significant win is dull dull dull.

5p/£75 costs the same in license fees as a £25 AWP, £7xx.

10p/£100 and up costs £1800+

#19 Chris_010292

Chris_010292

• New Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:36 AM

It's really strange, because why are all the new £35 Jackpots on 50p a go, yet if they were on 10p a go they would still end up paying out the same amount of money in the end, this is where I don't understand why they have to be 50p a go and why their cannot be a fixed universal stake of something like 10p a go if they all pay out the same in the end! You don't win more from 25p a go instead of 10p a go, so why are machines put out on 25p a go instead of 10p in cases???

#20 VampUK

VampUK

Grumpy sod!

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:31 PM

It's really strange, because why are all the new £35 Jackpots on 50p a go, yet if they were on 10p a go they would still end up paying out the same amount of money in the end, this is where I don't understand why they have to be 50p a go and why their cannot be a fixed universal stake of something like 10p a go if they all pay out the same in the end! You don't win more from 25p a go instead of 10p a go, so why are machines put out on 25p a go instead of 10p in cases???

Simple economics innit, you put your cash through at 50p a spin quicker than at 10p, that way the machine gets more punters on it per day therefore more profitt.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users