Chopaholic's Content

There have been 179 items by Chopaholic (Search limited from 22-April 14)

Sort by                Order  

#322776 Barry Nobles Domino machines mid 80's

Posted by Chopaholic on 07 December 2018 - 07:58 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Might be of interest Bungle :)

-----------

Remember how hateful it was to put a load of real money into a fruit machine and be rewarded (occasionally) with a massive pile of stupid tokens if you ever actually managed to win something?

Well the Isle of Man said SCREW YOU BENNY, and mandated that all prizes would be all cash, all the time.

Here is my story of that realisation.
----------

#322645 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 01 December 2018 - 09:40 AM in General FME Discussion

Cheers Bungle!

If you've just discovered the channel now then have a look back through the archives, it's been going a year and there are nearly 140 public videos on there :)

#322639 Barry Nobles Domino machines mid 80's

Posted by Chopaholic on 30 November 2018 - 06:32 PM in Real Fruit Machines

Hey Chopaholic how ya doing bud,its not Alex by any chance is it?

Yes that's me :) I guess I already know you from somewhere?......

I can ask around about the dominoes machines, I've heard folks talk about them before so I might be able to dig up a bit of information :)

#322630 Barry Nobles Domino machines mid 80's

Posted by Chopaholic on 30 November 2018 - 08:50 AM in Real Fruit Machines

Ha! Those posts are by me :)

#322628 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 30 November 2018 - 08:09 AM in General FME Discussion

New video this week covers some classic old Maygay M1a/b machines.

#322602 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 27 November 2018 - 08:04 AM in General FME Discussion

I shall keep an eye out for your name when making future videos Ady :) I like to give the layout creator a shout-out as without them there'd be no videos!

#322578 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 25 November 2018 - 03:07 PM in General FME Discussion

Nice work and an interesting channel (i'd actually found it before this old thread was updated) and I watched many times (on my Faves list actually!) :)

Not a single One of mine there though...I must have been s**t lol ;)

What was your 'tag' on your layouts Ady?

#322534 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 23 November 2018 - 07:35 AM in General FME Discussion

For those who aren't aware, my channel is still going and will be celebrating its first anniversary next month. (It's kind of like the Queen's birthday, but with fewer crowns and less inbreeding.) I've done at least one video per week over the last year so there are plenty to have a look through if you haven't seen the channel before.

https://www.youtube....c/degsydegworth

Latest video is an in-depth look at Ploggy's brilliant Hi-Ho Silver DX and how the layout finally came to exist in MFME after so many years. (The machine is from 1990, and the tech has been emulated since 2005, but this is the first layout to ever exist for the machine.)

#316906 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 28 March 2018 - 01:57 PM in General FME Discussion

I see the site is working correctly again now. There have been many new videos uploaded to the channel since I stopped updating this thread (there didn't seem much point once the front page list of updated threads stopped working).

I have rehomed this thread to Desert Island Fruits and will use that thread going forward - http://www.desertisl...n-extravaganza/

You can appraise the updates since the last post to this thread below. Also please note that in the list are the first two parts of my 'Fruit Machine Emulation History' series, which tracks the FME scene from its very earliest days, going right back to early 2001, utilising restored archives of mailing list and newsgroup posts, and emails - from a time before there was a single fruit machine emulation site/forum on the internet.

I have also started a 'Hall Of Fame' series, where I nominate what I think are the best fruit machines ever made. (Currently in the list are Screenplay, Indiana Jones and Double Chance.)

In addition there are some videos covering rare and previously unavailable ROMs that allow emptiers to work. Those are covered in their own videos and I have uploaded the layouts + ROMs to this thread at DIF - http://www.desertisl...t-ramgam-files/

Cheers!

Attached Thumbnails

• updateso.JPG

#316221 Psycho Cash Beast / Frenzy

Posted by Chopaholic on 23 February 2018 - 04:54 PM in MFME emulation section

Up now :)

#316175 Psycho Cash Beast / Frenzy

Posted by Chopaholic on 22 February 2018 - 08:35 AM in MFME emulation section

Keep an eye on my channel Friday evening, and also this forum over at Desert Island Fruits. There may well be a little something in the pipeline :)

http://www.desertisl...t-ramgam-files/

https://www.youtube....c/DegsyDegworth

#315999 Dice reel machines.

Posted by Chopaholic on 14 February 2018 - 03:46 PM in General FME Discussion

What was the first one of these, Jail Break? That must be cracking on a bit now.

Even though they look quite different with the dice entry trail, the machine is mostly a clone along the lines of Bank Job/Crown Jewels.

Certainly, you played them the exact same way, just forcing out for a top when red and hoping they'd go on.

I think the one I'm playing on my channel is 'Swing My Axe', which is a £100 version of Jail Break with a couple of inconsequential additions to it.

#315076 {Epoch}Mortal Wombat - Impulse

Posted by Chopaholic on 19 January 2018 - 08:38 AM in Epoch

Cheers Matty, was great to have another bash at this after so many years and see if I could still remember the traps :D Shame about the missing sound ROM but the machine is still perfectly playable.

Has any noticed the slightly 'off colour' jackpot messages and stuff like 'UNRUCKY' when you lose a gamble?

'It is nice for girl to meet boy in park, but better for boy to park meat in girl'.

Video is here for anyone who wants to see it done:

#314854 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 14 January 2018 - 05:27 PM in General FME Discussion

Have an old Maygay.

Oh to have known this stuff back in the day.....

#314788 {System 5}Around The World In 80 Days

Posted by Chopaholic on 13 January 2018 - 06:40 PM in System 5

Thanks wearecity, just had a decent play of this and it's a really solid JPM AWP of the time, very much as I remember it. Bit of an arse with the VISA squares on the board but the £3 repeater likes to repeat and a good sound package as well. (I always thought the £3 repeater music could have been better though, maybe they were short on space in the sound ROMs with all those different 'city of the world' samples.)

Great classic too, captures the feel of the real machine nicely - cheers for the release :)

#314776 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 13 January 2018 - 04:33 PM in General FME Discussion

Sweet, you can see what I do in the video above. One of the best tricks ever! So bad this was put in!

Heh :)

#314744 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 13 January 2018 - 10:11 AM in General FME Discussion

Did you ask someone to add a 20p button to the rainbow dx? That would make a good vid!

You can then show this,

I took on the challenge myself, and have managed to seamlessly, nay, elegantly, added both 20p and 10p buttons to the layout.

Admittedly it's hard to see with the naked eye how I've accomplished it.

Attached Thumbnails

• seamless.JPG

#314700 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 12 January 2018 - 05:33 PM in General FME Discussion

Two very good looking and very lovely sounding Impulse machines.

#314470 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 09 January 2018 - 10:07 PM in General FME Discussion

Star Wars/Rainbow Riches/Rob Da Bank - £70 trap.

#314389 WIP - SYS 5 - Around the World in Eighty Days

Posted by Chopaholic on 08 January 2018 - 02:10 PM in Forthcoming Releases

Remember this machine well, was a good, solid, entertaining AWP.

I also recall it being one of the kinder machines of its day, fairly gentle profile, good £3 repeater, so maybe there weren't the usual shenanigans (as was the fashion of the time) available to the clued-up player!

Looking forward to playing it again wearecity :)

#314375 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 07 January 2018 - 09:40 PM in General FME Discussion

Keeping it back in the golden era of AWPs with this one, but dredging down into the shady depths of dodgy dealings,

THE PLUG/SPARK.

Amazing how well this layout holds up some 13 years (!) after its original release.

#314285 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 05 January 2018 - 06:15 PM in General FME Discussion

Going old-school again for this one.

#314056 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 03 January 2018 - 08:19 AM in General FME Discussion

Reupload from 2012 - have some Jackpot Party nostalgia :)

#313976 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 01 January 2018 - 09:36 PM in General FME Discussion

FLICKER REVENGE.

I want my £70 box, asshole.

#313945 YouTube Emulation Extravaganza (sort of)

Posted by Chopaholic on 01 January 2018 - 06:20 PM in General FME Discussion

Ah ok, I see, everyone had a username/password. You logged in and got £30, reset every weekly.

You played machines, any available for the emulator I assume and not limited to one machine and once it was gone, it was gone.

I do sometimes, say to myself, ok £10 - £50 depending on what machines I'm playing, see how long it lasts. Yes it does then, make me play other features, rather than just going for it. I have left a few machines buzzing by running out of money. We have so many machines playable, if you're disciplined enough, you can easily go on to play other machines and forgot then it's a nice surprise when you come back to it, months later.

Probably I'm talking bollocks, but hey what's new.  :cute:

Not at all, that's exactly what I often do when I fire up a machine in the emulator, just say to myself 'Right you've got £20 and then you're skint', or £30 or £50 or whatever, with some of the more modern AWPs I'll go £100, £150 etc. Point being I'll sometimes set myself a limit, use F11 to change the session stats to Profit/Loss, and when it's gone it's gone, at which point I close the machine down. (And that then does the other thing you're talking about there, which is that the machine is in an 'unknown' state next time you fire it up, because you've forgotten what happened last time :D)

I can see the appeal of what's being described with Amber's online functionality, and if it ever happens in MFME then for sure that'd be cool, but TBH with the autoplay feature now in MFMEV6 the 'grind' element of getting a machine settled down and in a natural state is completely answered, and it's pretty easy to just share RAM+GAM files with each other, Reg even has a thread over at DIF for them.

There is the question of when does an emulator stop being an emulator, and I quite like the way MFME is such a compact, efficient, reliable chunk of code - does a 'virtual arcade' really fit into that mould?