• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 10:57 AM

Just been given one of these amd due to collect later in the week

Are these machines any good and can a note acceptor be fitted?

Oh also whats the hopper size in order to fill it up?

Thanks in advance

#2 No1Stoney

No1Stoney

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:15 PM

Hi. Yes note acceptors can be fitted but you will no doubt need a wiring loom to go with it. I'm not sure which noteys/looms work with this type of cabinet but they fit to the left of the cash tray.

Hopper size will be £125 for £25 jackpot. and either £75 or £125 for £5 jacktpot

#3 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:42 PM

Its the £15 version so guess around £100 then

#4 cardie

cardie

Me Gusta

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3431 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 02:43 PM

Any AWP Barcrests in the Genisis 1 cabinate (which is what yours is) £5 to £25 will be £125 float level unless a note acceptor is fitted then its £250.

My Youtube

Posted Image

Rest in peace Barcrest !

Quit Gambling as of 3rd of March 2012

#5 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

Thanks, could you please point me in the direction of a note acceptor for this machine?

#6 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 04:09 PM

And last of all is there a minimum % the hoppers have to be in order for it to play normally?

#7 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:56 PM

Nope, the hopper can have £1 or £125, and the machine will still play exactly the same.

Imagine if a machine couldn't pay out because it only had, say, £2 in the hopper... all arcade owners would just nearly empty the hoppers so that the machine never paid out!

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#8 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:25 PM

So got the machine up and running tonight but for some reason it won't except 5ps or 50ps plus paid out coins are getting stuck in the chute on way to win tray

#9 FruitBash

FruitBash

Triple 7 Engineer

• Regulars
  • 430 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 11:30 PM

Sounds like the coin acceptor needs to be reflashed (updated), and coins getting stuck in the chute could be a number of reasons - strangely sticking some talcum powder down the chute can work wonders on some machines.

<div><strong>Forum aimed specifically at Barcrest Triple 777 fruit machine</strong> - <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='<a href='http://www.supremeso.../t7/index.php''class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://www.supremeso...a></div></a><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div><br />
<div> </div>

#10 stanmarsh14

stanmarsh14

Sado-masochist

• Gold Supporters
  • 3120 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:11 AM

I generally prefer to run machines with a min of 3 times the JP floated in them (£25 for £5 machines), so I am not having to faff about with the refill key all the time, but as FruitBash has pointed out, makes no real difference to game play what it's floated to.

#11 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:35 AM

The coins getting stuck will just be dust in the shoot. This happens when machines have been stood for a while. Check the routing plug on the coin mech, see if any of the wire's have been taken out. Most places didn't like there machines taking 5ps, and the 50p could have been sacrificed so the macjine takes £2 coins.

#12 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

If All wires are in place still on the coin mec how do you go about flashing/updating it?

#13 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 08:01 AM

You need to either send it off for reprogramming, or get another mech that already takes all coins.

Have you tried cleaning the mech?

Mine sometimes stops taking 50p's when it needs cleaning.  As for 5p's do you mean it doesn't take ANY of them, or just the new ones?

#14 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:03 AM

Going on from what you just said Phil, in regards to coins, do you know if there are any plans for the new 10p?

They are an absolute pain in the ass and I am finding nearly all machines are just rejecting them all of the time.

It wasn't too bad last year, but because the newer ones are outdating the older ones every day, it's a problem I find is getting worse by the day?

Just thought I would mention it!

#15 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:12 AM

I've not taken it apart yet as unsure what I'm doing with it all for a minute but will have a look tonight if not I'll try and find a replacement

Only tried the new 5ps which I'm sure are circa 2000 so they should be compatible

I did notice that the plastic splitter tray which the coins drop into before going into the hopper or bottom boxes has cracked in the past and been repaired causing a few coins to get stuck.  Can these easily be repalced? If so whats the correct name for it?

#16 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 10:10 AM

Going on from what you just said Phil, in regards to coins, do you know if there are any plans for the new 10p?

They are an absolute pain in the ass and I am finding nearly all machines are just rejecting them all of the time.

It wasn't too bad last year, but because the newer ones are outdating the older ones every day, it's a problem I find is getting worse by the day?

Just thought I would mention it!

2012 onwards 5p and 10p coins are made from different metal and so will never be accepted, unless you get the mech reprogrammed.

My local arcades haven't bothered getting their mechs done yet, they say they will wait for the new £1 coin and get them all done at the same time.  They keep older 10p's to swap for anyone who needs them.

I haven't bothered getting mine done, I just swap them in my own stash of older ones and then take new ones to the bank, once I have a bag full.

I also, won't be getting rid of old 10p's nor having my mechs reprogrammed, till after the new £1's arrive.  I'm just hoping that the new ones will fit in the hopper holes and be dispensed properly!

#17 westerndevon

westerndevon

• New Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:21 AM

Okay i'll try a few diferrent years prior to 2012 and see if any go register as credit or stil go straight through

One other thing I noticed is that on the digital display the very first charchter is always present and appears as a mixture of all the charcters and never changes

Attached Files

#18 jackpotjon05

jackpotjon05

Advanced Member

• Regulars
  • 401 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 12:07 PM

Thanks Phil, I wasn't sure what was happening, but I do now!!!

What a pain these coins are and the issues they are causing.

I can't wait for the new notes to come out and see what that ends up costing!

That's coming quite soon isn't it?

#19 chasnbons

chasnbons

• Regulars
  • 1282 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 01:10 PM

No worries mate, the new coins have cost operators a load of money, not that the Government care, anything that takes coins will have to be changed at some point at the old coins get rarer and rarer.

As for notes, well that will cost another fortune no doubt, for anything that takes notes to be changed over!

I think Scotland get them first (£5 notes only to start with) in March next year and then England to follow, sometime in 2016, at least I think that's what I read somewhere.

Plastic money eh!  Before long we'll have just a piece of plastic that can pay any amount, oh hang on, that already happened ;)

#20 aaamusements

aaamusements

Admin

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3508 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 09:48 PM

Sounds like if some people had their way we would still be using white fivers and thrupenny bits...
;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users