Emulation speed

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 weretiger

weretiger

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

How to change the short cut key commands to my own preferences(MFME v2/3 & v9/10)?  Thanks

Edited by weretiger, 06 August 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#2 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:50 AM

Hi weretiger...

http://www.fruit-emu...tton-shortcuts/

Hopefully this'll assist you.

Welcome to FE.

Ady.

#3 weretiger

weretiger

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:13 AM

Thanks Ady. Could you tell me how to find design mode when using MFME v3.2? 

#4 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:40 AM

You can change the speed in 3.2 but if memory serves me, you can’t alter the short cut keys. The only options available in that version can be found by clicking File and choosing Preferences.

If I’m wrong, no doubt I will be attacked from all layout creators.

If that is indeed the case then depending on which game you wish to make changes too, load it in a suitable version, say MFME v2.0 or v9.4 and then click DESIGN then EDIT.

Now Right Click on the function you wish to change, eg. Hold 1, and then choose Properties. You should now see the Short Cut Box. Just Left click in there and press which ever key on your KEYBOARD you wish to change it too, then click apply

Repeat with all the other functions you wish to change. Now close the Properties Box and Click Design once again and uncheck the Edit mode.

When you close the game you should be prompted to SAVE changes and if you are happy …YES.

Jim

#5 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:15 PM

You can change the speed in 3.2 but if memory serves me, you can’t alter the short cut keys. The only options available in that version can be found by clicking File and choosing Preferences.

If I’m wrong, no doubt I will be attacked from all layout creators.

If that is indeed the case then depending on which game you wish to make changes too, load it in a suitable version, say MFME v2.0 or v9.4 and then click DESIGN then EDIT.

Now Right Click on the function you wish to change, eg. Hold 1, and then choose Properties. You should now see the Short Cut Box. Just Left click in there and press which ever key on your KEYBOARD you wish to change it too, then click apply

Repeat with all the other functions you wish to change. Now close the Properties Box and Click Design once again and uncheck the Edit mode.

When you close the game you should be prompted to SAVE changes and if you are happy …YES.

Jim

One thing to remember with this is that if the layout is too big for the screen when opened in 2/9.4 then when it's saved & re-opened in 3.2 it won't auto re-size properly & you'll only get what you saw when you opened it in the other emulator.

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:02 PM

Failing that it can always be split screen what layout are you changing? As I could help If possible.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#7 jim2311

jim2311

Genius

• New Members
  • PipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:06 PM

One thing to remember with this is that if the layout is too big for the screen when opened in 2/9.4 then when it's saved & re-opened in 3.2 it won't auto re-size properly & you'll only get what you saw when you opened it in the other emulator.

Agreed, but Weretiger made no reference to size in his post.

Why would someone not being able to view the whole game ask about changing shortcut keys?

I change the shortcut keys to suit myself, so I don't need to navigate all over the keyboard. This allows me to just use one hand thus keeping my other hand free to hold my beer.

#8 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:26 PM

Agreed, but Weretiger made no reference to size in his post.
Why would someone not being able to view the whole game ask about changing shortcut keys?
I change the shortcut keys to suit myself, so I don't need to navigate all over the keyboard. This allows me to just use one hand thus keeping my other hand free to hold my beer.

There is a clue in him specifically asking about MFME3.2, which suggests it is being used for its resizing capabilities and therefore editing a layout bigger than your screen can handle, elsewhere and resaving and loading into 3.2 will lead to precisely the gotcha that Matty pointed out.

bj

#9 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:34 PM

Know something in all this time I wasn't aware of that Matty!

Mabey I was lucky enough to not have to use v3 too often.

I'll edit the knowledgebase reply of Andy's and add that. (Unless you'd like to make an additional thread yourself?)

#10 Matty.N

Matty.N

• Regulars
  • 3111 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 06:26 PM

There is a clue in him specifically asking about MFME3.2, which suggests it is being used for its resizing capabilities and therefore editing a layout bigger than your screen can handle, elsewhere and resaving and loading into 3.2 will lead to precisely the gotcha that Matty pointed out.

bj

Indeed it was, i use 3.2 where possible for the resizing & I'd assume this is the case for a lot of people.

Know something in all this time I wasn't aware of that Matty!

Mabey I was lucky enough to not have to use v3 too often.

I'll edit the knowledgebase reply of Andy's and add that. (Unless you'd like to make an additional thread yourself?)

Pretty sure Crazybar mentioned it to me a while ago as i'd tweaked a few layouts & upon re-loading them in 3.2 he confirmed it to be an issue.

Feel free to do with it as you will, Just hope these posts help at least 1 person with the issue & alerts others who may encounter it.

#11 weretiger

weretiger

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I did have a question regarding the change of speed in v3.2, then figured how to change it. Sorry for topic name(tried to edit it). I never thought of changing the short cut keys using an emulator with edit mode then resizing it with v3, after reading Jim's & Matty's posts guess is pointless trying that. I do have a screen resolution able to play Ploggy's 1600's but want to make a disc for my laptop with my own shortcuts for v3 as it can resize. 

Edited by weretiger, 07 August 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#12 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:40 PM

Thanks for the help guys. I did have a question regarding the change of speed in v3.2, then figured how to change it. Sorry for topic name(tried to edit it). I never thought of changing the short cut keys using an emulator with edit mode then resizing it with v3, after reading Jim's & Matty's posts guess is pointless trying that. I do have a screen resolution able to play Ploggy's 1600's but want to make a disc for my laptop with my own shortcuts for v3 as it can resize. 

As long as you amend the shortcuts for the layout on a big screen and then save it, you will be OK.  Loading it into 3.2 after on your laptop will resize the full sized layout.

bj

#13 weretiger

weretiger

• New Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, it's a shame really as I would of liked to of chosen my own shortcuts. I suppose it doesn't matter that much but would be nice if this issue could be solved by the project amber emulator(that's if it can play old layouts). I'm only joking, as there are far more important things to update on PA than this! Thanks again

Edited by weretiger, 07 August 2014 - 11:00 PM.

#14 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

Yeah, it's a shame really as I would of liked to of chosen my own shortcuts.

But you can as you have a screen that can display full sized 1600 layouts. That was the point of my post.

bj

#15 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:43 PM

I think have figured out a fix for this

change screen resolution to 800x600 ( just to try it out)

open mfme 10.1

load up jackpot 7s 1280 dx ( as an example)

go into design mode, and move ANY lamp

exit, and confirm to save change

load up mfme 3.2

and load the jackpot 7s game, as you know it won't rescale.

here is the fix

change your screen resolution to portrait OR portrait flipped

open mfme 10.1/ load the jackpot 7s game/ design mode/ change any shortcuts you wish to make , then  exit,/confirm to save changes

next open mfme 3.2, load the game and you should see it can be resized.

change your screen to landscape, open mfme 3.2 and load the game.

it should then be able to be rescaled.

can you or someone else try this and confirm if it works for you.

#16 hitthesix

hitthesix

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3382 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:07 PM

HERE is the  correct fix

change your screen resolution to portrait OR portrait flipped

open mfme 10.1/ load the jackpot 7s game/     drag the  bottom of the machine  down so you can see all the butttons and the full machine, then go into

design mode/ change any shortcuts you wish to make , then  exit,/confirm to save changes

next open mfme 3.2, load the game and you should see it can be resized.

change your screen  backto landscape, open mfme 3.2 and load the game.

it should then be able to be rescaled.

can you or someone else try this and confirm if it works for you.

Edited by hitthesix, 23 October 2014 - 11:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users