6 replies to this topic

#1 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

I have an Advent laptop.

Up until it recently going for repair there have been no problems!! Now it is back the sound keeps disappearing :err:

When I switch it on the sound is present,but after browsing the net it disappears!!-sometimes instantly,sometimes over several 

Says the sound is on but no sound coming out!!!!!!

If any one can shed any light on the issue,would be more than appreciated.

I know it will have to go back to KNOW HOW but just wondered if there was anything I could do to remedy the fault.

Many thanks

Jay

#2 d0uga1

d0uga1

who put my name up there

• Layout Creator
  • PipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

update your sound drivers from advent website support and drivers area, if that dosent work give it a format and reinstall if on win 7 but if its windows eight go to the recovery area and do a refresh or try the reinstall look on google for the step by step tutorial on how to do a windows 8/8.1 recovery install

hope this solves your problem

I wouldnt bother with know how as they don't know that much apart from how to mess up computers.

always on the scrounge for freebies.

#3 Bencrest

Bencrest

The furniture

• New Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7446 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:26 PM

update your sound drivers from advent website support and drivers area, if that dosent work give it a format and reinstall if on win 7 but if its windows eight go to the recovery area and do a refresh or try the reinstall look on google for the step by step tutorial on how to do a windows 8/8.1 recovery install

I wouldnt bother with know how as they don't know that much apart from how to mess up computers.

It's a tricky one. If the laptop sound works every time the machine is booted, and then dies, that leads me to believe it's probably not a wiring / connector issue inside the laptop. If it's intermittent (so doesn't always work when the machine is booted) it could be an internal issue, perhaps a connector between boards in the laptop not being secured in place properly, or possibly a speaker wire being shorted.

Might be worth trying a set of speakers / headphones from the headphone socket when the internal speakers stop working, to see if all outputs are dead.

Ben

Hopefully recovering from years of compulsive gambling and wanting to be gamble free forever.

Recommended reading - http://www.gamblersaloud.com/ (yes, I bought the book, very happy with it!)

#4 Magz

Magz

• Regulars
  • 887 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 07:07 PM

Could be other software interfering with the configuration / settings. Added anything recently? Also worth checking the old Scheduled tasks in case there's a boot+x time triggered task that's causing issues...

#5 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:38 PM

It has had 2x recovery now-is on windows 8

They did a system recovery at the repair center and I also did one just two days ago.

Had a partial break through with Curry's pc world today-my complaint is now escalated to level 3 :err: lol

So I may get a new pc

Was fine till they man handled it-your right mate they do mess up the machines

Cheers for the info

Jay

It's a tricky one. If the laptop sound works every time the machine is booted, and then dies, that leads me to believe it's probably not a wiring / connector issue inside the laptop. If it's intermittent (so doesn't always work when the machine is booted) it could be an internal issue, perhaps a connector between boards in the laptop not being secured in place properly, or possibly a speaker wire being shorted.

Might be worth trying a set of speakers / headphones from the headphone socket when the internal speakers stop working, to see if all outputs are dead.

Never thought with the headphone jck-will give that a go.

Ruddy thing never been right since know how got there mitts on the laptop!!

Cheers for the info Ben

Jay

#6 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:42 PM

Could be other software interfering with the configuration / settings. Added anything recently? Also worth checking the old Scheduled tasks in case there's a boot+x time triggered task that's causing issues...

They tried to add a new anti virus to the machine-not seeing that windows defender was already on there!!!

It's real weird as ive been on the laptop an hour now-no sound faults, but it can just disappear with out even knowing unless the sound is needed on a site etc and then is only when I know it's mute again!!!!!!

Cheers for the info

Jay

Edited by gemini17, 21 July 2014 - 10:43 PM.

#7 gemini17

gemini17

GOLD Supporter

• Regulars
  • 1751 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

An update on my laptop!!

Finally after 5 trips to Know How -Know nothing!!!! Curry's/PC world have decided my laptop is to be scrapped. :nah:

Just awaiting a letter from them so I can go choose a new one-I just real wish it was cash I was getting back so I could go shop elsewhere for one.

Again thanks for the initial feedback.

Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users