• PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:56 PM

Posted Image

File Name: Ding Dong Bells

File Submitter: banditboy2006

File Submitted: 23 Apr 2014

File Category: Project Amber

With special thanks to guitar for his help with the reel masking and finding me a missing lamp

and to death claw for his orginal mmfe dx

the shortcuts are the same as the mmfe version

enjoy

Click here to download this file

#2 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:58 PM

ding dong

cheers for yet another great conversion

The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#3 Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*

Guest_ricardo de ponsa_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:59 PM

Thanks BB06 for this amber release.

#4 andy-1

andy-1

Layout Creator

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1987 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

Thank you

#5 cja272

cja272

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1489 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 06:02 AM

Thank you

https://www.facebook...hotosandwebcams Great Yarmouth photos and webcams on facebook  <p> 

#6 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Edit your upload with a piccy png one same for blue moon

#7 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 12:54 PM

Hang on a minute.

You sent me a PM a few days ago asking my permission to convert this into Amber and release it. I did not reply. I did not reply because I didn't see the point. The layout worked perfectly and there was nothing to gain whatsoever by converting it into Amber.

If you were going to make the artwork bigger (not possible given it would turn into shit) then I could understand this, but as I see it you've basically taken my non reply as permission. Hint - it isn't.

If I knocked on some one's door asking to burgle their house but they weren't in, so I did it any way, it does not mean it's right.

I want to make a note here. I do not want any of my layouts, note, MY layouts (IE ones I drew) being converted into Amber. They all work as they should in MFME.

Fruitworkz current projects..

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#8 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

In fact let me just make a note here.

Back in 2000 when I first started making layouts (as in making them) I couldn't use Photoshop for shit. I asked for help wherever I could and over a decade learned to use it properly. As in, not just taking photos or scans, but having the means and the know how to make a layout from absolutely nothing.

I did not learn by basically taking some one else's layout and using a tool to convert it into another emulator.

IE - I did not learn from the backs of others.

The problem as I see it is nothing new is being done here, and no new ground is being trodden. All that's happening is people are just taking other people's layouts and converting them to work in different emulators. That's not what it's about.  Create your own f*****g work, then convert it.

I read a post about Big Ghoulies a few weeks back that reminded me why I stopped all this shit. It was something about "All I have left to do is a few lamps and add my own side art......"

Seriously? are you for f*****g reals here? So the art of making layouts is to basically find some one else's hard work, hack it around, add your own artwork to the f*****g side of it and then release it. Really? like, seriously?

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#9 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:49 PM

Hang on a min, yes I do see your point regards permission etc which he tried to receive. Secondly you originally released this and other layouts on fruitforums I asked your permission to upload to here which I have. Anyways yes this is only a straight forward conversion like we've done with jpmemu/bfmemu to mfme no one worried then. Project Amber, yes is another emulator but as you may of read allows the player to play online and compete against other players in a virtual arcade where the machines uploaded play more realistic than the standard mfme ones. Infact a whole better playing experience. So to have your excellently looking layout included in Amber gives it the full attention it deserves.
Back to permission for use of layouts etc, yes it's good to get permission. but what if you can't get that permission as in member either changes Names as you have various times or in bb2006's case you've pm'ed the person but they've never bothered replying, do you just say f*** it and release it or scrap it I know what I'd do as with my last release club viva Mexico afaik you released the original under fruitworkz but I never asked your permission although I did try find out the exact creator even bencrest said on the forthcoming post 'don't expect he'll be bothered' but it appears to be different. although I have thanked the original creator for the lamping positions etc.
Back to bb2006 I do hope he continues with creating and hopefully in time will bring us something New to Amber.

Edited by vectra666, 25 April 2014 - 02:00 PM.

#10 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:51 PM

Sorry I turned blue about three rows in and stopped reading.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#11 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 25 April 2014 - 01:57 PM

Lack of fullstops. Lol.

#12 banditboy2006

banditboy2006

Part of the furniture

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1442 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:02 PM

I wont do another one of your layouts

do you wont me to wipe it from here or not

if so I will do it when I got back in as I need some fresh air as my anxiety is playing up and I am feeling like I am having a heart attack

the file is hidden from public view till then

#13 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

I would rather you learned how to use Photoshop and any other programs required to create layouts than just convert other layouts, yes. That's where the term layout designer comes from, not layout hacker.

The issue I have is that to create those backgrounds you see takes me three days of solid work before they arrive at the stage you are picking them up. It's spade work, basically, spade work you're not doing. In fact, you're not really doing anything that requires any actual work, just loading a layout in and then doing what needs to be done via the editing tools built into the emu.

See, turning a shitty bunch of photos into a backdrop (or stitching scans or cleaning up a flyer) is not hard. It just takes time, lots and lots of it. Thus, I think you would be better learning to do that rather than just converting layouts and changing them.

A background of any DX (even a flyer one with no lines on) takes time to do. Do it, basically.

Nick (Guitar) and others (IE the people who helped create the components and even those who have given him ideas) have worked really, really hard on Amber. Converting MFME layouts into it wasn't exactly what he had in mind. In fact, it's a bit insulting really. All that hard work on an emulator to make it do things MFME does not do (large backdrops, near on full scaled artwork, lamp dimming, alpha channel blending) and all people seem to be doing with it is putting in the restrained layouts MFME allowed.

Stop. Just, stop. Take some source art, clean it up and make it as big as it allows, then make a layout in Amber.

My point will always hold firm. Layouts made in MFME work in MFME. There is absolutely no reason putting them in Amber. The only real reason I could see for doing that would be *IF* Wizard was capable of physically stopping people from using his emulator, or, publicly making it illegal for people to use his emulator. Then I could see a point to it.

But the fact is he can't do that, even as he would like to. So just leave the MFME stuff where it belongs (six to seven years in the past) and get working with what you have now. An emulator that allows the chains of a single sized set of pixels (IE your static desktop resolution) to be broken.

We don't need 1024 layouts now either. Learn to use the emu properly (not by loading in dumped crap from MFME) and you can make the source art as big as you wish.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#14 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:58 PM

f*** me. The guy PM'd you days ago, you couldn't be arsed to reply, he (quite reasonably) inferred from this that you were not arsed either way. He then releases a playable layout on a new emulator for other members of the scene to play, and you come on here throwing an absolute shit-fit about YOUR work, YOUR layout, YOUR skilz Wahhhh! and all the rest, giving the poor hapless sod an anxiety attack by the looks?

Seriously, GTF and get over yourself whilst you're at it; haven't seen anything this bad since the very early days of the scene/"locked layouts" saga of at least 12 years back. Sheesh.

Oh, and who the hell are you to pronounce "we don't need 1024 layouts now either"...? Some of us are still using old laptops and such layouts are most welcome, so you can keep quiet on that score as well.

Edited by letemspin, 25 April 2014 - 02:58 PM.

#15 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

f*** me. The guy PM'd you days ago, you couldn't be arsed to reply, he (quite reasonably) inferred from this that you were not arsed either way. He then releases a playable layout on a new emulator for other members of the scene to play, and you come on here throwing an absolute shit-fit about YOUR work, YOUR layout, YOUR skilz Wahhhh! and all the rest, giving the poor hapless sod an anxiety attack by the looks?

Seriously, GTF and get over yourself whilst you're at it; haven't seen anything this bad since the very early days of the scene/"locked layouts" saga of at least 12 years back. Sheesh.

Oh, and who the hell are you to pronounce "we don't need 1024 layouts now either"...? Some of us are still using old laptops and such layouts are most welcome, so you can keep quiet on that score as well.

So I have to reply and respond to the countless pms in my inbox ? since f*****g when did I sign a piece of paper to say I would?

The problem here is that you are commenting on something you have absolutely and utterly no f*****g idea about. There are too many of you in FME. The couch critic, who dives into something he doesn't understand. 

Walk a mile in a man's.... Ah f*** it, what the f*** would you know?

If you're using an old laptop that's your f*****g tough shit. 

As for the rest? as I said, all mouth.

As for his anxiety? not my problem. Really couldn't care, given that if I was in his position and I asked and did not receive a reply I'd have left it there.

Edited by Deathclaw, 25 April 2014 - 03:17 PM.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#16 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:17 PM

Heh. Precious twat.

#17 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:21 PM

Heh. Precious twat.

Because of course you would understand it, wouldn't you?

Of course not. Instead you turn up on a forum waffling shit. That's your input into FME, you getting on your high horse offering up an opinion that you would only offer on the internet because you know full f*****g well that your bullshit would never be tolerated in society.

Same old, same old. All mouth no action. That's FME all over. Too many mouthy c***s offering up their opinions and little else.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#18 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:37 PM

Yeah, sorry "Saint Deathclaw", with your layouts that we should all be kissing your feet for - like I give a f***! I couldn't give two hoots what you think of me or my "input to FME", that doesn't buy you, or anyone the right to treat someone else who was only trying to help, and even had the courtesy of contacting you (I wouldn't have bothered, frankly), upon which you failed to reply, and even as the bloke said sorry, you're still carrying on.

Hey, I may not be all that "FME wise" (fortunately that's hardly top on my list of priorities, achievements or how I choose to define myself), but at least I'm not a deeply unpleasant bully. You talk about "tolerated in society" (lol), but your conduct leaves very much to be desired and if you behave like that to people you don't even know, IRL, which I seriously doubt, you'd be called out on it big time.

Last word from me as frankly I can't stand twats, but my point stands, consider yourself called out on this.

---

#19 Deathclaw

Deathclaw

Emulator Manipulator

• New Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, sorry "Saint Deathclaw", with your layouts that we should all be kissing your feet for - like I give a f***! I couldn't give two hoots what you think of me or my "input to FME", that doesn't buy you, or anyone the right to treat someone else who was only trying to help, and even had the courtesy of contacting you (I wouldn't have bothered, frankly), upon which you failed to reply, and even as the bloke said sorry, you're still carrying on.

Hey, I may not be all that "FME wise" (fortunately that's hardly top on my list of priorities, achievements or how I choose to define myself), but at least I'm not a deeply unpleasant bully. You talk about "tolerated in society" (lol), but your conduct leaves very much to be desired and if you behave like that to people you don't even know, IRL, which I seriously doubt, you'd be called out on it big time.

Last word from me as frankly I can't stand twats, but my point stands, consider yourself called out on this.

---

Consider yourself the same c*** you've always been, who spends his time working to feather his own nest and supply himself with the items he desires.

Some one who only offers up an opinion, yet thinks that an opinion serves to help out. It doesn't. Opinions do not code emulators, nor have the time that it takes to do so. Opinions do not go around with a camera in their own time at their own expense. Opinions do not turn those resources into anything remotely useful. Opinions do not put in the hours and work it takes to make layouts. It's all hot air, waffle, useless to anything and any one. All it does is piss people off.

If you are who I think you are then in over ten years you've supplied nothing but an opinion in an argument that you only post to be a part of. The same arguments that have absolutely demolished FME and made people like me walk away and forget it, only looking in from afar whilst your type continue to argue and fight over a load of old bollocks.

The day you put 30+ hours into something and then give it away for free, then come back to me. Until then you continue on with your selfish life and selfish attitude and shut the f*** up when it comes to discussing things you will never f*****g understand because -

1. You have never bothered to actually do anything (apart from post on a forum) toward FME and its survival (hint - it's been dead for years and all  thanks to people like you and your opinions !)

2. You've never created something for it, for free, using your own time (at the expense of your real life and family and loved ones) and then given it away just to listen to people like yourself demand that you open up your arse cheeks and let every man and his dog arse f*** you.

So, it's pretty much a case of go f*** yourself.

Line Up Prototype.

Amber MPU3 Edition.

#20 letemspin

letemspin

• Regulars
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:02 PM

Lol. I never claimed to have done wonderful things for FME, although I have donated hundreds of pounds in group buys, contributed financially to forums for many years, stripped my own machine, supplied wiring schematics and reelbands, helped emu authors with such material. Nowhere near as much as many, many people here for sure, but still. Probably the reason you don't know this is because I have not, and don't make a song and f*****g dance about it; I don't bully others when they have the temerity to "tread on my patch" (lol), principally because I'm not an insecure, bullying, sad little individual.

But of course, even if I had done absolutely nothing whatsoever, that is precisely no business of yours, so you "judging" me on that score only serves to further mark you out as the sad little man you are, expecting some "hierarchy", "status" or "respect" on a hobby internet message board, just because you got busy with Photoshop however many years ago. Heh, yeah, that says it all. Well, respect has to be earned pal, and you very clearly need to learn how to treat people yourself first, before you start criticising anyone else. If I were Banditboy, I'd tell you to shove your layout where the sun don't shine.

I'll finish off by saying that I hope I can look forward to many more 'unauthorised' Amber conversions of your precious little layouts. I'll be sure to give them my full attention mate. ;)

Oh one more thing; in my estimation at least, the reason why this scene is what it is today is very much down to attitudes and actions of a few people like you. Seriously, GTF.

Edited by letemspin, 25 April 2014 - 04:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users