Help Remembering a Couple of Old 2p Fruit machines

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:41 AM

Hi guys, wondered if anyone can help remember the name of some fruit machines from my youth:-

1)2p play from the 80's. Main feature was a castle, climbing to the end of trail but when it was ready to pay you got "steps" or something from 1-6 which gave you the option of skipping ahead around the board. I want to say it was called something like Quickstrike but that has no relevance to the style and look of the machine. The steps randomly appeared whilst on the trail.

2)I know there were a few clones, one was called something like Lucky Lady and 2 p a go although 10p play versions existed. Had a feature which I believe consisted of playing cards as nudges/swap it numbers, but that may have been a clone. As mentioned there was a swap it feature, but I am sure it was not a win-a-gain style machine from Barcrest, totally different feel. I am sure the main machine showed a Queen on a playing card.

3)Vague description from same era, main top of machine was a deck of cards and the main way of winning jackpot was going high to low but if it was a 2 you would go lower and it would win hitting a 1! And same with Queen would go higher to a King.

4)Want to say this was called something with word "banker" in title. When you got nudges in feature you could nudge multiple reels a once but it was on a time limit so would really screw you over! Also the gamble feature was double or nothing.

5)Another which almost looked like a change machine as the whole machine was a gamble board, both sides gave a different risk/gain, 10p versions existed. Left side was low risk and low gain, right side gamble high risk and higher gain.

Once again, sorry the description are vague. These were all in hemsby around the 80's and almost certain none are emulated.

Also does anyone know a source of photos for old arcades from the 80's? I have googled and very little can be found.

Edited by wubbs, 30 March 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#2 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

Hello!

1)  Quickstep - use to play a Scott Joplin tune in attract mode.  Made by BWB.  A member on MPU Mecca has or used to have one of these.  Should be able to find a pic.

2)  Yep - Lucky Lady.  There was also a Fruit King and Fruit Swop.  Made by BWB.  I have a Fruit King top glass at home :)  Pineapples for jackpot.

3)  Dunno

4)  Dunno

5)  Dunno

Watch out! There's a SIG thief about...

#3 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:00 AM

Fruit King top glass

0M0ve52.jpg

U41XbQt.jpg

#4 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 11:12 AM

Quickstep pic (thanks to Roger on the MPU Mecca)

HJ1AnHJ.jpg

#5 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:27 PM

Wow amazing! I cannot believe you guys had not only answers to 2 but images! Just the final 3 to go! Am I right in saying these are not emulated?

#6 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 03:41 PM

4, and 5 sound familiar.  I think number four is either Bank Raid, or Moneytrapper.  The gamble on number 5 sounds like it could be Spoof, but the rest of your description makes me think otherwise.

Pictures of both attached.

Attached Files

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#7 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 04:28 PM

Yep Bank Raid is one, not Super Spoof or Spoof of other. It was a really unique looking machine and only ever saw a 2p version once in an arcadewhich is now the Flamingo in Hemsby. To give a better description of my memory, the machine was mainly black, the gamble progressed from either side of the reels up to the top glass but I am pretty sure there was no feature and the reel symbols were the values, so instead of a cherry it was "2p" all the way up to "£1.50" and you eeded to get 3 of each to win the amount(obviously).

#8 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:02 PM

The only machine I can think of that had win amounts as reel symbols is a machine called Rainbow Gambler.  Here's a link to a small video of it on Youtube:

This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#9 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Rainbow Gambler?

#10 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 05:48 PM

It looks very familiar but pretty certain reels were in the standard position. The reel font does look the same as does th 2 winlines, and the gamble process is the same idea. Either I am not remembering it much like it is or it was a similar machine in a different cabinet.

Edited by wubbs, 30 March 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#11 bullionbars2011

bullionbars2011

• Regulars
  • 301 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Crack the nut used to be my best and the old hold and nudge 2p oxo 20p xxx 60p bars pull arm

#12 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 08:56 PM

It looks very familiar but pretty certain reels were in the standard position. The reel font does look the same as does th 2 winlines, and the gamble process is the same idea. Either I am not remembering it much like it is or it was a similar machine in a different cabinet.

There was a Rainbow Gambler in the same cabinet as 777 Heaven and so on.  Maybe it's that one?  Exactly the same game.

#13 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 09:50 PM

Possibly, although I thought there was only 2 gamble options on the one I played. I think the start button on right gambled right side and start button on left did the left side.

#14 fuzion

fuzion

Part of the furniture

• Regulars
  • 1726 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 12:32 AM

No.5 Sounds like a machine by PCP called 'It's Magic'  you had a gamble either side of the machine. 

J

Attached Files

// stumblin' in the neon groves

#15 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 06:50 AM

YES YES YES you wonderful man! That is it! Thanks!

#16 stevedude2

stevedude2

• Regulars
  • 1043 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 02:46 PM

Ah yes!

There was a 5p or 10p play version of that called Bar-Bell as well :)

http://www.fruitemu....67_116_9819.jpg

Edited by stevedude2, 01 April 2014 - 07:27 AM.

#17 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 March 2014 - 09:29 PM

That's amazing! I remember playing the 10p plays ONLY if I had won BIG on the 2p plays!

#18 wubbs

wubbs

• New Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:18 PM

1 more I have just thought of.

A quite low tech 2p play(I dont even think it had a 2p slot, just 10p for 5 plays). Almost looked like a smaller Line Up and had £1 jackpot which was 3 £ signs. Cannot remember trail but had the nudge ladder up the side (2,4,6,8,10,unlimited). I believe the cabinet were smaller than most too. I would guess an early Barcrest.

#19 Guest_barcrest junky_*

Guest_barcrest junky_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2014 - 04:59 AM

Cash n carry. MPU3 machine. Recent thread at the Mecca. No pictures of the machine itself, but Ron did post up an old advert for 1 in this post.

http://www.fruitemu....e-2#entry235291

bj

Edited by barcrest junky, 10 April 2014 - 05:00 AM.

#20 niallquinn

niallquinn

• Contributor
  • 723 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:18 AM

Good stuff.

Always wished more 2p stuff was emulated.  I think with most of them just being 2p rebuilds, all tended to get scrapped, and nobody even thought of dumping the roms.

NQ.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users