Amber Update 15/02/2012

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#41 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 09:05 AM

Firstly thank you to Guitar and all for all their hard work on this project and further thanks for the update.

Could anyone give us any clue to the names or number of any new machines project amber will emulate that MFME can't?

Thanks in advance. Zoom.

#42 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 04:52 PM

Amber update...................

Here is a couple of videos showing blues Boys in attract mode showing off ambers impressive lamping skills and game play. Note the number reel in the gameplay video when the feature is activated.

This games is still WIP and may be subject to change.

Thanks to ploggy for his work on the flyer and lamping.

Also I know ady will enjoy the videos as he loves BB :)

#43 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:05 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlDgingMn0&list=UUwTsXB-JgVfQf9jtaMr-YsQ&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noNIZvHn5a8&feature=related

hmm links not coming out

#44 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2012 - 05:22 PM

hmm links not coming out

Works OK for me m8

#45 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:32 PM

Could anyone give us any clue to the names or number of any new machines project amber will emulate that MFME can't?

Good question...

I would guess at around 50 machines. It supports all the BWB UK games, and subject to a bit of a fiddle with the CHR should support the german BWB games too. All crystal and coinworld games are supported. Plus certain games such as road hog will benefit greatly from the improved graphics system allowing the properly coloured reel lamps.

Plus then there the few stragglers from barcrest that didn't work properly because of dimmed lamping requirements, such as place your bets.

The games which work in MFME should look better in Amber because of the increased gfx capabilities, and save for a few, the games which didn't run properly in MFME should now work too.

Amber also supports the alternatve sound bank switching so Volcano etc should now be doable with full sound.

Project Amber 2 - Coming Soon

#46 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:54 PM

Okies on a positive note now...

I had my doubts that this was going to end-up all 'pie in the sky' and have kept a tight lip 'till this week...even then my single remark wasn't in a downgrading way whatsoever...

Obviously there has been ton's of work done behind the scenes to get 'here' wherever that may be (it's in the eye's of the testers and creator) appart from some very promising screenies.

A vast majority of us do (or did!!) things within FME behind the scenes...only what we do isn't so obviously such a popular topic,

My main concern is this now, and as a DX'er i'll be pretty pissed off if the Amber testers release all those 50+ machines en mass.

Testers are there for testing obviously not too take the cream off of the milk and leave the rest of the creators with the Red cap low-fat.

A footballer makes a suss fowl and it's a gentlemans agreement that the ball is passed to the other side, the other side here being those creators and/or DXers that have waited all this time on a mabey note to have something to get their teeth into.

The league isn't made up of Two or 3 teams.....theres a whole division.

Thanks for the updates Guitar.

Ady

#47 vectra666

vectra666

No1. Lurker

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9040 posts

Donator

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:33 PM

I can,t see all possible machines being produced in one go, maybe in a month the way tommy knocks em out lol. It's taken robinhood for instance a few months to almost complete red hot fever for amber and there,s prob more than say 50 as there,s still loads in mfme that need a facelift and by the time they,re all done guitar,s "tech2" whatever that is will be out and then there will be more to do. Saying that if its easier to lamp these fruits up etc then maybe we,ll run out in a few months time like you said even I might have a go rofl... In the mean time I,d be happy to playtest them too.
The more I do today, The less I do tomorrow.
Fme is alive and screaming into the 21st century!
Enjoy FME and Happy Gaming!!!!

#48 ady

ady

The furniture

• Moderators
  • 14204 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:35 PM

I think you totally miss my point buddy.

#49 Johnnyafc

Johnnyafc

#Lapsed

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1590 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Wow Fruit Machines running on a PC - who would of Thought it! :cute:
Posted Image

#50 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:20 PM

I see what you are saying Ady but I wouldn't worry.

RH has done Red Hot Fever, Ploggy has done Blues Boys and a Coinworld game, Ive done a conversion of Andy Capp, Ross has done Place Your Bets, and has an Empire game in the wings, Tommy has done Crystal's Aladdin's Cave. Oh and Dad has artwork of BWB's X-Change ready to go if he still wants to do it.

That's 2/3 BWB's, 1 coinworld, 1 Crystal, 1 Empire, and a couple of Barcrest's. Still plenty of fish in the sea for those who want do layouts.

Basically 1 or 2 from each manufacturer for launch.

Edited by Guitar, 20 February 2012 - 03:21 PM.

#51 Guest_Tommy c_*

Guest_Tommy c_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:30 PM

Yeah i remember asking guitar if i should knock artwork up for frank n stein and was asked to hold off as he just wanted a couple of each to launch then there would be stuff for all to get stuck in to.

#52 gambogaz1

gambogaz1

• Regulars
  • 612 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:09 PM

It's great to see the blues boys up n running in all it's glory, fingers crossed we're just a few weeks away from playing the beast.

Cheer for all the hard work Guitar & Co, :beer:

#53 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:32 PM

as guitar say ady, its only a handful to get the community up and running then you take over. the 50 mention are 50 that are not done and now 'doable'

#54 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:47 PM

Okies on a positive note now...

I had my doubts that this was going to end-up all 'pie in the sky' and have kept a tight lip 'till this week...even then my single remark wasn't in a downgrading way whatsoever...

Obviously there has been ton's of work done behind the scenes to get 'here' wherever that may be (it's in the eye's of the testers and creator) appart from some very promising screenies.

A vast majority of us do (or did!!) things within FME behind the scenes...only what we do isn't so obviously such a popular topic,

My main concern is this now, and as a DX'er i'll be pretty pissed off if the Amber testers release all those 50+ machines en mass.

Testers are there for testing obviously not too take the cream off of the milk and leave the rest of the creators with the Red cap low-fat.

A footballer makes a suss fowl and it's a gentlemans agreement that the ball is passed to the other side, the other side here being those creators and/or DXers that have waited all this time on a mabey note to have something to get their teeth into.

The league isn't made up of Two or 3 teams.....theres a whole division.

Thanks for the updates Guitar.

Ady

Hi ady I see what your saying. I doubt guitar would want all the layouts to be released in one big chunk as that would be a bit of a waste. I think a steady stream would be the best way to go and anyone who wants to have a go dx'r or not Im sure would be welcome to. Not only that im sure there will be a few designers wanting to have a bash at previous layouts they have made in mfme to be redone in amber with it's advanced graphics. Im sure there will be more than just he 50/60 guitar mentioned. I have made one layout so far which was red hot fever and I want to do one or two more which is Luxor and as the amber has the extra sound banks probably volcano too, The reason being for luxor is it has them strange lamps in the corners which amber can emulate. After this I will probably be taking a break for a while from emulating mfme and amber.

#55 spa

spa

Layout Designer

• Moderators
  • 2494 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:11 PM

Thanks for an update :)

http://www.youtube.com/FruitVideos - My youtube channel

https://drive.google...R3ZTMTBIQTdwWUU- My Drive

#56 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:14 PM

I see what you are saying Ady but I wouldn't worry.

RH has done Red Hot Fever, Ploggy has done Blues Boys and a Coinworld game, Ive done a conversion of Andy Capp, Ross has done Place Your Bets, and has an Empire game in the wings, Tommy has done Crystal's Aladdin's Cave. Oh and Dad has artwork of BWB's X-Change ready to go if he still wants to do it.

That's 2/3 BWB's, 1 coinworld, 1 Crystal, 1 Empire, and a couple of Barcrest's. Still plenty of fish in the sea for those who want do layouts.

Basically 1 or 2 from each manufacturer for launch.

On a totaly selfish aside, would that be Vertigo by any chance?? :)
What shall i put here?

#57 Guitar

Guitar

Project Amber Developer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2989 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

No. (Its more cat based)

#58 zoom

zoom

• Regulars
  • 85 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:21 PM

Good question...

I would guess at around 50 machines. It supports all the BWB UK games, and subject to a bit of a fiddle with the CHR should support the german BWB games too. All crystal and coinworld games are supported. Plus certain games such as road hog will benefit greatly from the improved graphics system allowing the properly coloured reel lamps.

Plus then there the few stragglers from barcrest that didn't work properly because of dimmed lamping requirements, such as place your bets.

The games which work in MFME should look better in Amber because of the increased gfx capabilities, and save for a few, the games which didn't run properly in MFME should now work too.

Amber also supports the alternatve sound bank switching so Volcano etc should now be doable with full sound.

Ta for the lengthy reply. Its appreciated.

Further question any club machines on the horizon for those of us with too much time on our hands trying to force a club jackpot?

#59 jay2

jay2

Boing Boing

• Regulars
  • 706 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

No. (Its more cat based)

Well shove your Amber, i dont want it ;) :jimlad:
What shall i put here?

#60 Guest_robinhood75_*

Guest_robinhood75_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:03 PM

I've been working on a vertigo DX for mfme.I went to my local arcade and took a lot of pictures on my phone lol, they was a bit out of focus but as I took so many was able to stitch them together.

I don't know when it will be ready as I need to do some more work on the photos.

Attached Files

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users