Anyone Remember Moon Bug? 2P-£1

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 07:52 AM

hi again everyone, does anyone remember 1 of my golden oldies called MOON BUG?? it was an old electro mechanical machine, 2p play with £1 jackpot. it had huge big round buttons + 2 achieve nudges u needed numbers on winline,, 3+3+4 took you straight up to 1 pound + the bugs ayes used 2 flash alternately. not sure who it was made by tho?? ive had many fruitees in my house over the years but my ultimate dream is to find one of these!!!! any help with this would be fantastic or just let me know if u2 used to play this classic + fond memories???? :-) forgot 2 mention the extasy of the jackpot holding 4 or 5 times + the very loud + slow payout, a real head turner!!!!! haha

Edited by money-maker, 14 June 2010 - 08:51 AM.

#2 mabby2000

mabby2000

• Regulars
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

hi again everyone, does anyone remember 1 of my golden oldies called MOON BUG?? it was an old electro mechanical machine, 2p play with £1 jackpot. it had huge big round buttons + 2 achieve nudges u needed numbers on winline,, 3+3+4 took you straight up to 1 pound + the bugs ayes used 2 flash alternately. not sure who it was made by tho?? ive had many fruitees in my house over the years but my ultimate dream is to find one of these!!!! any help with this would be fantastic or just let me know if u2 used to play this classic + fond memories???? :-) forgot 2 mention the extasy of the jackpot holding 4 or 5 times + the very loud + slow payout, a real head turner!!!!! haha

If memory serves me right, if u get 3 bugs, it paid the jackpot in old 10p's and used to held again and again? and the gamble ladder was on the top glass? from 4p all the way to a quid?
The arcade in exmouth town had 2 of these machines way back in the 80's.

#3 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:52 AM

If memory serves me right, if u get 3 bugs, it paid the jackpot in old 10p's and used to held again and again? and the gamble ladder was on the top glass? from 4p all the way to a quid?

Yes i Remember it too, they had one in the local arcade when i was about 13 or 14 i think. I seem to remember the gamble was an all or nothing thing. 4p > 10p > 20p > 30p > 50p > £1
I remember the big round buttons, the hold buttons were bright orange, god, take me back to the good old days!! :)

#4 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

yep, thats the baby!!! the gamble was on the top glass, 4p 10p 20p 30p 50p 70p £1-00, also had respin button on top glass which used to deduct 2 nudges,, oh how its all coming back 2 me haha yes your right about the old 10p's + the jackpot holding again + again, although rarely on the bugs, but after landing the 3-3-4 on the reels it was extremely easy to pocket 3, 4 or 5 pounds, so much money back then lol it was as if it was completely unaware u won ANYTHING,,,, never mind the jackpot!! haha

#5 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:25 PM

Yes i Remember it too, they had one in the local arcade when i was about 13 or 14 i think. I seem to remember the gamble was an all or nothing thing. 4p > 10p > 20p > 30p > 50p > £1
I remember the big round buttons, the hold buttons were bright orange, god, take me back to the good old days!! :)

yeah, the BIG ROUND ORANGE HOLD BUTTONS LOLOL

#6 frig

frig

• Regulars
  • 332 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 01:41 PM

Oooooohhh my favourite ever 2p machine!! 3-3-4 for a £1 hold was exciting back in 1980... But on 10p it was a bugger.

#7 mabby2000

mabby2000

• Regulars
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 04:00 PM

yep, thats the baby!!! the gamble was on the top glass, 4p 10p 20p 30p 50p 70p £1-00, also had respin button on top glass which used to deduct 2 nudges,, oh how its all coming back 2 me haha yes your right about the old 10p's + the jackpot holding again + again, although rarely on the bugs, but after landing the 3-3-4 on the reels it was extremely easy to pocket 3, 4 or 5 pounds, so much money back then lol it was as if it was completely unaware u won ANYTHING,,,, never mind the jackpot!! haha

Now i remember that machine very well! I've had 3-3-4 on the reels then straight up to a quid then it flashes it's eyes left then right then back a few times then paid out 10p coins! then the big orange hold buttons lit up, held them as hard as i could then press start! i was only about 9 or 10 then!
I had 2 bugs for a 4p win, lost that gamble, held them then the third bug stopped on above then slipped on to win line!!! jackpot then held 3 times! these machines did run out of 10p's!
Happy dayz of the 80's!!!! rather these days than all the crap of today's b3 machines and the 70 pounders!
Cheers

#8 mabby2000

mabby2000

• Regulars
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:48 PM

yeah, the BIG ROUND ORANGE HOLD BUTTONS LOLOL

I would pop over to mpu mecca, I'll bet there are people on there that may know more about this machine and who made it so on!

#9 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

Now i remember that machine very well! I've had 3-3-4 on the reels then straight up to a quid then it flashes it's eyes left then right then back a few times then paid out 10p coins! then the big orange hold buttons lit up, held them as hard as i could then press start! i was only about 9 or 10 then!
I had 2 bugs for a 4p win, lost that gamble, held them then the third bug stopped on above then slipped on to win line!!! jackpot then held 3 times! these machines did run out of 10p's!
Happy dayz of the 80's!!!! rather these days than all the crap of today's b3 machines and the 70 pounders!
Cheers

how bizarre m8, ive had exactly the same experience when holding bugs on 1+2 then it lands 1 up + drops after,,, it happened quite a lot, i thought it was just that machine but obviously not, weird!! definately a jacky happy fruity :twitcy:

#10 ploggy

ploggy

Layout Designer

• Layout Creator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2228 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

It was made by Maygay. Tightest nudge gamble ever. The jackpot music was a football chant if I remember correctly. Haven't seen one in ages; even on Ebay.
This be my stuff ----------> http://www.fruit-emu...wnloads&mid=301

#11 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:33 PM

It was made by Maygay. Tightest nudge gamble ever. The jackpot music was a football chant if I remember correctly. Haven't seen one in ages; even on Ebay.

ive never forgotten the jackpot tune, but cant be certain where its from,, it was almost like an ice cream van tune from the early 80's but im sure ive heard it on a granfather clock before it does the hourly chimes??? infact the more i think about it,,, the more i rekon it was lol ive looked on e bay for many many years, ive also subscribed to coinslot but ive never seen 1 offered for sale anywhere, im hoping against hope that they haven't all died, if anybody finds 1 working for me, there will be a reward :jiggy:

#12 nails

nails

The furniture

• Regulars
  • 4578 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

last time i help you guys out....

Attached Files

#13 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 08:55 PM

i quite agree nails!!!! wtf?? i actually got quite excited when i first saw what u had googled,,,,, talk about an ANTI CLIMAX :Randy-git: haha

#14 Shooer magooer

Shooer magooer

• Regulars
  • 255 posts

Posted 14 June 2010 - 11:01 PM

I feel Violated :confused: :wacko:

#15 Seafordsi

Seafordsi

• New Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 04:15 PM

I have one of these machines!!! Do you still want one?

#16 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 September 2014 - 03:39 PM

do you still have this m8 ??

#17 money-maker

money-maker

• Regulars
  • 74 posts

Posted 13 December 2020 - 05:09 PM

https://www.pinteres...67843897117092/

wow wow WOW !!!!!!!! omg here it is after all thise years

Edited by money-maker, 13 December 2020 - 05:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users